Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Good academic and outdoor programs

Japan With Kids - Forums: Education in Japan: Good academic and outdoor programs
By Nevmom on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 5:26 pm:

I am looking for international school in Edogawa-ku or Chiba for my 2 kids.

Ideally I would like to enroll them in a school having a sound curriculum following american state curriculum standards(since I am american) and a good physical education program
Thanks

By Sraboni on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 6:43 pm:

Hi,

If you are looking for an International school, your only choice would be K International school in Koto Ku. They do have a bus service and it is not very far from Edogawa - ku. So many students come from those areas. If you type in google, you can have a look at their website.

Regards,
Sraboni

By Nevmom on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:43 pm:

Sraboni,

Thanks very much for your email.

I visited K last month, sadly I was a bit disappointed with the education program. From what I could see at the campus there were no clear cut curriculum standards as to what the child will achieve by the end of the year.

As a mom paying hefty school fee I would like to
know what exactly my child will learn in Math, English, Science and Social Studies, so that my
child can clear the Standardised Tests with good scores.

I liked the playground, the cafeteria and the coed setup.

By Lavmom on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 8:49 am:

You can look at is Tokyo YMCA International School in Koto-ku. My 2 kids
go here. I think its one of Tokyos little kept secret.

The school has a solid academic curriculum. Textbooks all come from California. The students learn what children are learning in California.

They have a program called AR Reading. In this program my kids borrow books from school library and take tests on the computer and get points.
My kids can then get books or toys with these points from the AR store. My elder one read 60 library books this year.

My kids have swimming lessons and go to camp 2 times a year. In one of the camps my kids learnt skiing.

Plus I get discount because I have 2 kids.

You can visit this school or see their website, type TYIS in google.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: