Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

International schools

Japan With Kids - Forums: Education in Japan: International schools
By Educationmom on Monday, March 5, 2012 - 3:57 pm:

Just wanted to share with all the international parents out there who, like myself, have been struggling to find a good international school that didn't cost and arm and a leg. I finally found one (thanks to the JWK school posting :-) - Waseda International School!
It costs only 1.3 M yen a year! I know it sounds ridiculous to say "only" but those of you who know how much schools in Tokyo cost, you would understand what I mean!. I friend found it on Facebook and forwarded the link to me, knowing I am looking for a good school. So I went and visited them without further due and ... I loved it. It is new, super cozy, very colorful, full of great learning materials. But most importantly, it has great outside space and access to good sports facilities.
Talked to the founder and she says she is a regular gaijin parent who doesn't have the money to afford ASIJ or British school so she made it her mission to create a school that would cater to people like her. God bless her!!!
Classes are small: only 15 kids, one class per grade. What I really liked is that in addition to strong academics, they seem to value art, music and sports too and teach them 3 times a week. And they have Japanese class very day, which is very important for a long-termer like myself. Long story short, this school ticked all the right boxes for me!
The only downside that I could find is that they only go from pre-school to Grade 6. And that they are in Takadanobaba which is a bit of a hike from my Shibuya but they offer a bus so I can't complain.
Definitely check them out!
www.wasedais.jp

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: