Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Only Preschools vs Schools upto elementary level

Japan With Kids - Forums: Education in Japan: Only Preschools vs Schools upto elementary level
By Indo mommy on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 8:14 pm:

Hi all,

I have been running around looking for a school for my daughter (around Ikebukuro).

The preschools and kindergartens only, leave much to desire. I wasnt very impressed with them. I wont go into details here.

The other schools (with elementary and above) are highly highly expensive. I could get a Phd at the rate they are charging for a preschooler! Somehow they dont justify the costs (for preschool education).

I need a school for the next 2 years at the most. Basically till the kindergarten level.

I am really in two minds. I would love to hear from parents who are in this situation.
Especially around Ikebukuro and where they are sending their little ones to.

Thanks ahead!

- troubled mom

By Sarah Yasuhara on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 9:05 pm:

Hi Dipti

I have heard that Do Re Mi is an excellent
preschool, although I haven't sent my
daughter there because she is still too
young for that sort of thing. The link is:

www.doremigarden.com

Good luck with your search.

Sarah

By Joanna Bennett on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 7:38 am:

I believe in giving children the best early childhood education. And if it comes ith a hefty price tag, then I am willing to starve!
I think good early childhood programme gives your child a good base and from there you can build on with lesser effort.
I am a early childhood educator, what I'll do is, to ask the schools for all their reading materials. If their goals and programme is what you would like for your child, then go in and have a look round physcially. Make sure you are given time to chat with the class teacher because it is he/she who delivers whatever is written in the beautifully printed brochure. Some can do it fantastically, and very sadly lots can't.
I guess I am just saying keep an open mind and don't turn away just because of the price tag. Good Luck.

By Scott Hancock on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 1:49 pm:

Joanna, I would add to that by suggesting a high price tag doesn't necessarily guarantee high quality or a match with one's personal standards. One may find a better solution that isn't the most costly.

I agree with your advice about checking for one's self.

By Joanna Bennett on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 5:41 pm:

totally agree with you on that Scot. But generally, when the fees are higher, the physical environment and the quality of teachers would normally be better. Or one should hope....But do go and visit and find out. I guess what I want to say is not to rule out any opportunities.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: