Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Education of American school curriculm in English

Japan With Kids - Forums: Education in Japan: Education of American school curriculm in English
By Naoko Hikosaka on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 12:45 am:

Hello, my name is Naoko.

I am living in MI USA with my family for 6 yrs. We supporsed to go back to Yokohama, Japan this fall.

My son is 9yrs old, and he really enjoyed his school life in the USA, he wants to keep studying Math, Reading, Science, etc,in English.
He understands and speaks English as same as other American kids, and he is the one of the highly achieved students in school district.
He finished 3rd grade, and he has studied 4th math in 3rd grade.

We are going to go back to USA 2 or 3 yrs later.
So he wants to keep his concentration of studying in English and keep his level up.

However, we can't let him go to International school because of the cost is too expensive to us, and we want let him have Japanese school life and study Japanese more.

Does anyone know the good place for studying Reading, Math etc in English with good teachers and friends on Saturday?
(I don't mind how long will it go.)

I checked Junshin International Program, and Kikokushijo academy.
http://www.toshima.ne.jp/~kyoiku/Eigo-Hoshuko-E.htm

If you have any other information, I would appreciate if you could share them.
Yokohama is best, Tokyo area is acceptable.

Also, my son plays in-line hockey for 3 yrs. Do you know any team he can join and play? Ice hockey is also fine.

Thank you for your attention.
Please kindly allow my grammer or spelling problem.

Have a nice summer!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: