Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

E-pals exchange for school students

Japan With Kids - Forums: Education in Japan: E-pals exchange for school students
By Sonja on Saturday, July 17, 1999 - 5:38 pm:

Hi we are children from Yugoslavia. We are childre who past true the bombing. And if you have little time visit our small site about our school, and look our post war pictures.
http://members.tripod.com/~sonja_sonja/school1.htm

email: steg@ptt.yu

By Cornelia on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 11:15 am:

Received: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:36:39 -0600

Hello!

We are in the 8th grade at Pamlico County Middle School in Bayboro, North Carolina. Bayboro is located on the east coast about 25 minutes from New Bern, NC, 1 1/2 hours from Greenville, NC, and Wilmington, NC, and about 2 1/2 hours from Raleigh, NC. Approximately one half of our eighth graders (second semester students) will be participating in this project.

We have decided, after seeing this done at another school, to map an email project. We are curious to see where in the world our e-mail will travel.

We will do this project for 3 weeks (March 5 - March 26). This is not a pen pal project but we will gladly write to anyone who asks. If you get this letter please perform the following steps as soon as possible.

(1) Email us back at pcms@pamlico.net.
(2) Tell us your first name only, city, state, and country.
(3) Send this to everyone on your e-mail list!

Please pass this letter on to everyone - we don't mind repeats. We are very excited about this project. I believe this will be a wonderful learning experience for the students at our school. We plan to track the number of responses in our computer skills class using databases and spreadsheets to organize and graph the data received from each of you. We hope to publish the results in our local newspapers when we have finished the project.

We would like to thank you so much for your help in making this project a successful one.

Ms. Betty Hill
8th Grade Computer Skills Teacher Pamlico County Middle School
15526 NC Hwy 55 Bayboro, NC 28515
pcms@pamlico.net

Visit our web pages to learn more about our school and our class
www.pamlico.net/pcms/ -
Pamlico County Middle School Web Page
www.pamlico.net/pcms/technology/

8th Grade Computer Skills and Technology Web Page
www.geocities.com/nck12hillb/ -
Ms. Hill's Class - Student/Parent Homework & Resource Web Page

By Sandy Cox on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 9:05 am:

Hello from Van, Texas!
We are a class of second grade gifted and talented students from Van in the great state of Texas. We are located in Van Zandt County in the north eastern part of the state. Our teacher, Cathy Wolf, is helping us by allowing us to use her email address as our e-mail receiver. We have decided to map an e-mail project to learn more about the geography of our world. We are curious to see where in the world our e-mail will travel via the internet between today, November 14 and Wednesday, December 18 (about a month). This is not a pen pal project, so we will not write back unless you request it.

We would greatly appreciate your help. Here is what we need you to do:

1. E-mail us back at: wolfc@van.sprnet.org and tell us your city/state/country/ or location so we can plot you on our map.

2. Send this letter on to everyone you know, so that they can send it on to everyone they know and we can reach as many people as possible.

We don't mind repeats so send it on to everyone. We will keep a graph in our class using the numbers received by state and country. With your help, we can make this a very exciting learning experience.

Thanks for your help!

Mrs. Cathy Wolf
The VANTAGE VOYAGERS
J.E. Rhodes Elementary
P.O. Box 697, Van, TX 75790

By jacob bera on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 9:46 am:

My name is Jacob Bera and I am an art teacher in Anchorage, Alaska. My second grade students and I have just completed a unit on Japanese pottery. We learned about the art of Japanese as well as a little bit about the Japanese culture. We would like to share what we learned with an elementary class in Japan, and hopefully coordinate some letters and possible future art lessons. (Trading digital images of the students' work...etc.) Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to contact an elementary school in Japan, or if you yourself would like to coordinate something with my class about Japanese culture.
Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: