Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Bi-lingual Home? Share your story !

Japan With Kids - Forums: Education in Japan: Bilingual Kids, Raising of: Bi-lingual Home? Share your story !
By David Carlson on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 9:34 am:

To all families who use two (or more) languages:

I'm writing to see if anyone would be interested in contributing an article to a column entitled "Educational Options" that appears in "Bilingual Japan." Bilingual Japan is a bimonthly newsletter of the JALT (Japan Association of Language Teachers) Special Interest Group on Bilingualism. The newsletter is published 6 times a year.

I am a co-editor of the "Educational Options" column. Educational Options mainly presents personal accounts of decisions parents of bilingual children have taken regarding their children's education, and the outcome.
However, we would also like to see articles by children written about their own educational experiences with two or more languages.

Since this particular Tokyo With Kids forum is concerned with education in Japan, I though perhaps someone reading this notice might like to contribute an article. You don't even have to live in Japan -- as long as one of the languages involved is Japanese.

If you are interested in writing an account of your own family's bilingual / educational decisions, I would like to hear from you. (I have written about my own family in the past, and I will gladly send a copy of an article or two to give you a better idea of the column style.)

Please feel free to contact me directly at
dcarls01@hotmail.com

Dave

David Carlson
Associate Professor
Matsumoto Dental University
1780 Hirooka Gobara
Shiojiri, Nagano-ken 399-0781
TEL/FAX (0263) 51-2013

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: