Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Tsukuba primary schools

Japan With Kids - Forums: Education in Japan: Tsukuba primary schools
By Martine on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 7:21 pm:

Does anybody have any information about public Japanese primary schools in Tsukuba city? I am looking for a public school with a high enough density of foreign kids for my half French half Japanese daughter not to feel lost! Thanks in advance if anyone has time to share his or her experience!

By Jayhawk on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 10:55 am:

Hi Martine, the schools in central Tsukuba have a good number of bi/multi-racial kids or Japanese kids who were born or grew up outside of Japan. Tsukuba area children are so used to having kids of different family/cultural backgrounds around, so I don't think you need to worry too much.

The only problem for you is that you are not in Tsukuba. The population in Tsukuba is growing, and the city is being very strict on keeping the kids who live outside of a school district out. I hear that the kids used to be able to attend a school in a neighboring school district because the one in a neighoring school district was closer, but doing stuff like that has become very difficult, if not impossible.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: