Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Coming to Japan

Japan With Kids - Forums: Education in Japan: Coming to Japan
By Shoham on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 11:11 pm:

Hello!
Ifm new in this forum and I hope Ifm in the right place. My name is Shoham and we live in Israel with our 1.3 years old baby girl (both of us are Israelis). Wefve just learned that my husband work is going to send us to Tokyo for 2 years starting this summer (August 2008). This is not a re-location so we need to take care of everything by ourselves. I have so many questions but especially Ifm very concern regarding by daughter adjustment, finding her a suitable kindergarten and a nice neighborhood to live in. I found a part time job position in Keio University, which is in 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku-ku area. I would be happy to hear any recommendations regarding optional streets/ areas to live close to this university and in a neighborhood with other foreigners.
Another issue, as I understand the school year begins on April and we suppose to arrive on August, do someone have any suggestion what should we do or with whom we can consult regarding a possible kindergarten.
Thank you in advance and for this opportunity to share my concerns and questions.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: