Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Nagoya

Japan With Kids - Forums: Day Care in Japan: Nagoya
By Tina Magpayo on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 12:44 am:

My family will relocate from Seattle to Nagoya in January 2006. My daughter will be 2 years old and my son will be 3 months old. Does anyone know of any daycares that would take both? We've visited the Ueda International Preschool, but we were disappointed that they only speak English there. Although we speak no Japanese, a happy middle-ground would be nice; we would like our 2 year old to learn some Japanese. Plus, they do not take infants. Other childcare options? Public daycares? Nannies? Help!?! Thanks!

By Peter E on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 12:51 am:

When you get there and do the whole "I am a gaijin, they like to know where we are" bit at the shiyakusho/kuyakusho you can find out about the hoikuen.

Actually getting a place is another game, but apply early and keep asking them. This sort of subject can be found by searching this site.

only overpaid ex-pats can afford nannies.

By Nancy on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 10:24 am:

Tina, it sounds as though you require two different options, preschool for your toddler and daycare for your infant. You may find that you are better off with a nanny. For one thing you do not need to miss work every time a child is ill and must stay home. The comment that "only overpaid ex-pats can afford nannies" is really not the case. Income is one thing, spending habits/priorities are another. Once you move you may find local play groups in English and Japanese. Good luck with your move.

By Helen Braithwaite on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 11:39 pm:

I was wondering if anyone knew of a gym in Nagoya that has childcare facilities. I have two children at home with me all day every day and I need a break! Thanks.

By Karen Dunn on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 3:15 pm:

I live in Nagoya but unfortunately don't know of any gyms with childcare facilities. However I do know of a private daycare that takes drop-ins, I forgot the hourly charge but it's definitely reasonable. We have my 2 year old son there full time as I'm pregnant and have been horribly sick the entire time. He really seems to like it. It's right by the Takaoka station on the Sakura-dori line between Sakae and Chikusa. Not sure if that is close to where you are or not. Then if you take the Sakura-dori line up to the next station (Kuruamichi) and walk a block there is a gym.
How old are your kids? After I give birth (which is any day now) maybe we can get them all together for a break.
Email me at fusokaren[at]ezweb.ne.jp if you want more info. However if I don't get back to you right away its because I've just had my baby and will email as soon as a can. Good Luck

By Cutiemommy on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 1:26 am:

I don't know much about day care or gym in Nagoya but if you go to City hall, there should be some information about day care.

But I live in Kuwana, Mie right next to Nagoya; it just takes 30 minutes by train. If you want to take a break and have fun, we can meet up with kids for fun.
I can teach your kids Japanese and I am happy to have a playmate who are from foriegn countries for my son.

If you are interested in, please contact me: yamamm930@hotmail.com

I would love to help your parenting in Japan.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: