Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Again help needed on English pre school,

Japan With Kids - Forums: Day Care in Japan: Again help needed on English pre school,
By Gautam on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 6:48 pm:

Again help needed on pre school,
Do we have any English school for 4 year old girl in north of Tokyo, near Iidabashi/Sidobashi.

As I will be staying for 2 years only thus it will be better to put my daughter to a English school so that she can move back to Europe easily. Luckily company pays for the fee so it can be any private school also.
Thanks for help.

By Bethan Hutton on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 9:04 pm:

Hi Gautam,

That area is more popular with French speakers, and there is no English preschool that I have heard of in the Iidabashi area. The closest options are probably:

1) New International School, which is just south of Ikebukuro Station. My daughter is in the preschool there - age 3-5, then they move up to proper school - and she loves it. It is bilingual English/Japanese but with more English in the preschool, with two teachers from the UK and one from Japan. The closest subway station is Higashi Ikebukuro on the Yurakucho line (about 5 minutes walk), so if you are close to Iidabashi station, that is an easy trip, specially because you are travelling in the opposite direction to the morning commuters.

2) K International School which I gather is moving to Kiyosumi Shirakawa in August. There is an Oedo line station very close to the new location, so again an easy commute from Iidabashi or Kasuga stations.

There are one or two small, preschool-only places a little north of your area (eg Joy to the World near Myogadani station on the Marunouchi line) but if your daughter is 4 already, she might grow out of those before you leave.

I think all the places I mention are listed in the directory of International Schools on this site.

Good luck with your search, and if you want more info on New International please feel free to contact me (edobaby@hotmail.com).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: