Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

.Drop-in Centers -- Takujisho

Japan With Kids - Forums: Day Care in Japan: .Drop-in Centers -- Takujisho
By Debbie Kobayashi on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 6:55 pm:

I'd like to recommend a baby-sitting center right near the station in Jiyugaoka, it's a minute away from the Marie Claire Exit, between the station and the Marie Claire boutique. It's called Petite Nature, and their entrance fee is 3000 yen.
Their hourly rate is 1500 yen. It's not spacious, at all, few windows, but there were plenty of toys, even a jungle gym, and they serve lunch, for a fee. I tried it out for 2.5 hours when I had to make an emergency visit to the dentist (Feb 2000), and the baby-sitters seemed nice. They also offer a day-care plan, so there usually are other children for the little ones to play with. They offered a detailed description on the number and type of b.m.s, what the child ate or drank and when, and when they napped.
I am concerned that since it is such a small facility, it may be very easy for the cold or influenza virus, to spread very easily from child to child.

Petite Nature
Tel: (03) 3725-0808, Fax: (03) 3725-1005
1-9-4 Jiyugaoka, White Building, 2nd Floor
PS They don't charge for same day cancellations, if you haven't ordered lunch or snacks for your child.

By Tracy Okuma on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

Anyone know of a good drop in center in Kichijoij? Any good feedback and info welcome,
need cover prob 9-2 for about 10 weeks? cheers

By Nathalie on Friday, February 1, 2002 - 3:06 pm:

I'm looking for a reliable drop in center in Shiroganedai or Meguro station area, where I could leave my 10 month old son for a couple of hours while I'm attending Japanese classes.
Thanks.

By Cornelia on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 4:28 pm:

I just found out that what we are calling "drop-in centers" are also called "Baby Hotels" by the Japanese. And apparently the really big stations like Shinjuku have more than one to choose from. I'll be asking around about this and I hope you all will also.

The same person also said that there is no way to read about which ones are good and which ones are bad, reputation is pretty much strictly word-of-mouth.

By Sandy Cox on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 4:53 pm:

Has anyone had any experiance with any of the following baby hotels?

Apple Day Nursery (Takujien)
2-27-1 Kita Otsuka, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
03-3917-8877, 3917-2515

Ai no ki Sitter Service
2-111-5 Okubo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
03-3200-7504

Akamon Ikusei Kai (Akamon is the red gate at Tokyo University)
1-28-13-503 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
03-3818-5299

Ohisama Hoikushitsu
2-4-34-302 Kita Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
03-3369-6592

Chibiko Lando ("even just one hour OK")
2-27-13 Sekimachi, Nerima-ku, Tokyo
03-3929-4849
Musashiseki station on the Seibu Shinjuku line, south exit.

P.S. I found these in the Japanese phone book under "baby hotels"

By Ferdinand Ballesteros on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 5:09 pm:

We are moving to Fukazawa (Setagaya-ku...nearest train station Sakura shin-machi on the Tamagawa line) in May. Can anyone recommend a daycare/pre-school in the area for our 1-year old? We currently bring our kids to Kid's World in Kakinokizaka (Toritsu Daigaku station on the Toyoko line) and we recommend this place. We feel sad about leaving all the nice people at Kid's but....

regards,

By Rika Makino on Wednesday, October 2, 2002 - 2:39 pm:

Nathalie,
There is a fairly new "drop in" center called Dakko Room in the Shinagawa Prince Hotel. Although I have not yet used it, I did visit. It is a very clean, new facility with new toys.
Here is the URL: http://www.princehotels.co.jp/info1/shinagawa-executive/cinema_imax/site/dakko/index.html

By Stephanie Martin on Wednesday, October 2, 2002 - 4:02 pm:

Hi, I looked at the link for the Dakko Room, but my computer doesn't recognise Japanese, so its jumbled, I tried to figure out the prices, could someone who can see it, or figure it out let me know the prices. Also does anyone know of a good baby hotel/drop in centre in Omotesando/Harajuku/Hiroo? basically anywhere within 30 minutes walk from Roppongi.
s_g_martin@lycos.com

Note from Admin: If anyone goes to Dakko Room they have information sheets and daily jot sheets and all in English (more info available in person than on the web site).

By Rika Makino on Wednesday, October 2, 2002 - 6:03 pm:

Stephanie, here are the prices:

10:00 a.m.- -6:00 p.m. (normal hours)

NONMEMBER -- 2,000 yen/hour
MEMBER -- 1600 yen/hour

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.; 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. (special hours)

NONMEMBER -- 2500 yen/hour
MEMBER -- 2,000 yen/hour

To become a member, you need to pay 10,000 yen per family. I think they said that their max is 15 kids. The company that runs this is called "Shogakkan" which is a company that is known for their children/ comic magazine publication.

Note from Admin:
Shinagawa Prince Hotel
10-30, Takanawa 4-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8611, Japan
tel: 81-3-3440-1111
fax: 81-3-3441-7092
Here is the description on the Prince Hotel English page, not very detailed: "Dakko Room (Child Care Center) - Operation Hours: 10am to 6pm. Services available for children ranging in age from 10 months to 6 years old. Professional & reliable childcare service."

By Pato on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 3:55 pm:

Global Kids Daycare Center Mizonokuchi/Kanagawa
Native English & E/J bilingual teachers take care of your child. ¥16,800/50-hour pass for anytime between 7am-10pm. Convenient transportation service available. Call 044-852-8990

By Dalina Sharif on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 4:26 pm:

I found a drop in center for kids in Kichijouji that is open 24 hrs everyday. I will be going there to check it on monday but in the meantime here is their website http://www.cute-angels.com/

By Dalina Sharif on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 04:38 pm:
Sorry but it is in Japanese. Try using the text translator to translate it to English http://www.excite.co.jp/world/text

By Tracy Okuma on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 5:27 pm:

Dalina, did you try the 'Cute Angels' drop in centre in Kichijouji?
WHat did you think? Can you give us any impressions? Good or bad?
Cheers

By Tina Peterson on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 12:02 pm:

Let me introduce you to Imagine Child Development Center! We are located on the 13th floor of Landmark Tower, which is in the Sakuragicho neighborhood of Yokohama.

We offer child care, a preschool program, and drop in child care. Imagine is operated by an American, and the language of operation is English.

We invite you to come visit our center at any time! In September and October, we have one hour introductory sessions every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30-4:30 , where you can meet the educators, see your child interacting with them, tour the center, and get all of your questions answered! Please call ahead if you wish to come to an introductory session so we can be sure we have adequate staffing available to meet the children's needs. You can reach us at 045-224-2121 or at imagine@lfa.ne.jp

We look forward to helping serve your child care needs. Drop in care is available 7 days a week!

By Siv Watle on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 3:58 pm:

Anyone familiar with the daycare center "kids world" in Hiroo? Please give me your comment if you have used it or know anyone who have had their kids there.....

By Admin on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 6:37 pm:

Dear Siv,
Please look at the Kids World conversation at: http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/151/486.html.

By Suzy Kubota on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 2:23 am:

Setagaya-ku childcare *all within walking distance of Sangenjaya station

I used the Hatapopo (means "Sunflower") daycare centre 03 3411 0333. I didn’t qualify for full-time care but the centre allowed me to have 1 or 2 days without the paperwork. These kids are not in the same rooms as the full time kids and were mixed ages. They provide lunch and snacks. You provide nappies and changes of clothes.

Prior to that I used MAMU CLUB 03 3421 6106 in Sangenjaya (near Summit Supermarket across the road from UFJ bank) which is a drop-in centre. It costs 1000 yen an hour if you don’t buy tickets in advance. You can buy a 5000 yen sheet of 10 tickets. You have to pay 500 yen insurance per month and 500 yen (usually) for extra-cirricular activities like English classes and rhymthic/dance classes. They can organize lunch and afternoon tea for 500 and 100 respectively. From any age with long hours.

From 1 year up until your child is 3 you can use Tinkerbell in Carrot Tower. You must book and pay a month in advance. You can’t cancel but if they have space you may be able to swap a day over with sufficient notice. 4 hours costs 1500 yen and 8 hours cost 3000 yen. You have to send clothes, nappies, food (lunch and snacks) and drinks.

Any questions, feel free to email me offlist.

By Suzy Kubota on Sunday, February 8, 2004 - 09:25 am:
I picked up the brochure of the Ma'am Club (which I called the MAMU Club above). They have 5 locations now though I've only used the one in Sangenjaya. They've even opened one in Yokohama!

Here are the addresses and phone numbers:
Ma'am Club
* "Sangenjaya" 2-15-12-502 Sangenjaya, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo tel: 03-3421-6106

* "Ikejiriohashi" 2-35-9-104 Ikejiri, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo tel: 03-3421-6107

* "Gakugeidaigaku" 2-20-17-304 Takaban, Meguro-ku, Tokyo tel: 03-3794-2560

* "Toritsudaigaku" 1-21-21-102 Hiramachi, Meguro-ku, Tokyo tel: 03-3724-8811

* "Okamiyama" 3-36-1 Kamiyama, Midori-ku, Yokohama tel: 045-939-5159

By Suzy Kubota on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 2:28 am:

Re: Dakko Room (Shinagawa Prince Hotel)

Dakko room is great. The lady in charge is Yumiko and she speaks English and never raises her voice at all!! I was the English teacher there for a year or so. I highly recommend it.

By Thomas on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 11:50 am:

Kids Plaza Asuku ?

Has anyone had any experience with Kids Plaza Asuku in Takadanobaba (http://www.asuku.info/each/each_7.html)
or elsewhere ?

By Bethan Hutton on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 9:56 pm:

Re Kids Plaza Asuku - I've been using the one in Ikebukuro regularly for a few months and am very happy with it - very new, clean facilities, friendly staff etc. They have taken on more children since my daughter started going there but the staff/child ratio generally seems fine and there is plenty of space - the company claims to be city government approved, which I think means they have to meet certain standards. I presume the other branches operate on a similar basis.

The only downside I can think of is that because they take children on both a regular and casual basis, the coming and going of new children could be disruptive for the children who are there regularly, particularly if the casual-childcare children are not used to being left in childcare and get upset.

By ARN on Monday, March 8, 2004 - 2:31 am:

Any place for my 1 and 3 month old son in around Omiya station?Please help me as soon as possible.

By sunshine on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 10:32 pm:

Akebonobashi, Tokyo:
this is a daycare where they take children for few hours, they call it Spot, and it's situated in Akebonobashi (Shinjuku subway line, Tokyo). they also have an indian teacher. the link of the day care and school: http://www.futurefrontiers.jp/en/kids/

By Mariam on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 2:45 pm:

I am looking for drop-in center for my 1 yr old son, 2-3 times a week in Chiba area. We live in Funabashi.
please email at ems748@hotmail.com

By Bethan Hutton on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 10:31 pm:

Kids Plaza Asc (mentioned above as Asuku) has a branch in Makuhari, but that may be a bit out of the way for you. Here is the page for the Makuhari branch: http://www.asuku.info/each/each_6.html

By Erin Siddall on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 11:16 am:

24 hour Drop in Center in Yushima (Ueno Okachimachi Station). Milky Room. From one month old.
1,100 yen per hour or 660 yen if you join (coupld have to pay up t0 40,000 to join though).
03-3832-6070
www.ssss.co.jp/milky.html

I havent tried them but they were sure nice on the phone and could be a lifesaver in an emergency!

By Jellund on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 6:47 pm:

There is now a babysitting service in Sangubashi, Odakyu line! It is just opposite Maruman store at lunaluna. They are opening next week, 2 staff members, one speaks fluent English, both have babysitting experience. The rate is 1500yen an hour, minimum of 2 hours, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, you have to reserve 2 days in advance. Their email is mail[at]lunaluna.jp I just went and checked the room and it is nice and airy and clean, the staff member I spoke with was very friendly and enthusiastic. Anyway, just wanted to pass on this good news in case it is useful to someone. Website: http://www.lunaluna.jp/ They also have a party room for rental.

By Dawn Matus on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 4:11 pm:

Am looking for drop-in daycare in
Kichijoji.

Can anyone share their experiences,
positive or negative, with Cute
Angels?

Are there alternative options in
Kichijoji for drop-in daycare?

Thank you.

By Zainolrafidah on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 7:22 pm:

i'm looking drop-in daycare in Tsurumi, Yokohama while I attending my Japanese class

By Tese on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 6:00 am:

Hi! New to the forum...Dawn, I was wondering if you were able to locate any daycare facilities in the Kichijoji area...we are about to move there in a few weeks and I have been searching for part-time care for my 8 month old son. Any information that you or any of the other mommies could provide would be very useful. Thanks!

By Dawn on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 7:44 pm:

Hi Tese,

I did not have much luck finding
short-term care in Kichijoji, but I
have heard that the city of Musashino
has an organization through which
parents and caregivers can link up. I
think it's called Himawari Mama, but
it would be best to check with city
hall. That might be a place to begin,
at any rate.

Best of luck!
Dawn

By Tese on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 2:04 am:

Dawn,

Thanks so much for the information. Take care.

Tese

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: