Help
Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

.Establishing a daycare/playgroup: Laws?

Japan With Kids - Forums: Day Care in Japan: .Establishing a daycare/playgroup: Laws?
By Tracy Okuma on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 10:00 pm:

Someone asked me if there are any laws/requirements for running a playgroup/daycare in your own home?
Can anyone help me with info or give me a link to someone or somewhere who can?
Cheers

By Cornelia on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 1:34 am:

Here are some bits and pieces which might be helpful, copied off of: http://www.hbs.ne.jp/home/mammy/0300-e.htm#insurance

All-Japan Liaison Council of Non-Licensed Day Nurseries
"It is imperative that non-licensed day nurseries maintain close contacts with each other. One of the activities of this organization is to lobby government agencies. It holds a nationwide meeting each year."
Tel: 03-3339-8275

Regarding Insurance:

Mr.Nakamura of Hiroshima City, agent for The Douwa Fire & Marine Insurance Co., is very knowledgeable about non-life insurance policies for childcare facilities (institutional liability insurance, casualty insurance, personal liability insurance, food poisoning insurance, etc.). He is ready and willing to answer your questions, whether or not you have purchased a policy through him. You need not be located in Hiroshima Prefecture to purchase a policy through this agency.
New insurance was made in September, 1997.

* The nature of coverage and the amount of insurance vary depending on which non-life insurance company underwrites your policy. I therefore strongly suggest that you check the content of the policy which you now have. It is also critical that you make sure that you have paid your premiums.

Tel: 010-350-1769 (Nakamura Insurance Agency)
Prepared: May 1997

By yvette takizawa on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 12:33 am:

Hi!Cornelia,

Im a filipina married to a japanese.Im planning to put-up an english daycare or just an an english playroom type soon.do you have some ideas or tips or knowledge on this?Please let me know. Thank you.

yvette

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: