Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Second Hand Ladies Clothing

Japan With Kids - Forums: Second Hand/Recycle/Flea Markets: Second Hand Ladies Clothing
By Ace_slade on Tuesday, April 1, 2008 - 9:14 pm:

Hi, I'm clearing out my wardrobe and have hundred of ladies clothes for sale. My clothes are pretty size S-M. Pick up Tamachi station (JR) or Mita station (subway). I can also do shipping if you prefer.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23554442@N05/sets/72157603910896348/detail/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23554442@N05/sets/72157603910927902/detail/

By Reiko on Thursday, July 6, 2006 - 4:03 pm:

Have you ever use auction site, such as EBay? Well, in Japan there is one such an auction for maternity&baby: Yahoo Japan (http://list4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/24202-category.html). You can get many things much more cheaper.

My guess is that you don't read kanji. The trick here is: Open the page using Internet Explorer browser and Right Click your mouse, Choose "translate page into english". Enjoy the experience.

Although at the end, you still need some Japanese friends to contact the seller (if you won the bidding), but I guess they won't mind helping you as you only ask them to make a simple letter of introduction/money dispatchment. The learning curve is simple: It is difficult for the first timer, but once you managed to do it, it'll become easier.

Just don't get addicted to it :-)

By Almalia Habib on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 11:09 am:

Does this Florence Shop sale any maternity clothes? Or does anybody knows where I can get used maternity clothes in good condition? (T-shirts, jeans, khakis, blouses for average asian size?). To buy a new one is expensive! And it's most likely that I'm only going to use it for a couple of months. Since I'm 3,5 months now, and still wearing my normal clothes.

By Nancy on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 9:37 pm:

The Florence Resale Shop has some fabulous deals. I took some items to sell on consignment and had a quick look around. It's really central if you are living in Tokyo. Address is 5-49-8 Jingumae. (B2 exit from Omotesando), just about 100m in from Aoyama Dori, around the corner from Dashing Diva. Store hours are 11 to 6. Closed on Wednesday, Sunday and national holidays. Chieko speaks English.

By Nancy on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 7:35 am:

Just found out that the resale shop in Yokohama (Cosmos)is closing at the end of April. No further items will be accepted on consignment basis, and all inventory needs to be cleared.
If you are nearby, drop in.

By Janine Parker on Saturday, October 1, 2005 - 2:13 pm:

Hi,

I got this information from the Salvation Army about 2 years ago so it may be outdated. They have limited English so please get a Japanese speaker to call to check the information is correct on 03 3384 3769.

The Salvation Army has a bazaar, 12-15 minutes walk from Nakano Fujimicho station. Catch the Marounouchi line to Nakano Sakaue (2 stops from Shinjuku)and cross the platform to a smaller train which takes you to Nakano Fujimicho.

They can pick items up, but need 4-6 weeks notice. However, you can send them items by Takyubin or drop them off anytime (which saves them money). The drop off area is behind a grey door to the the right of the entrance. Their address is

THE SALVATION ARMY
2-21-2 Wada
Suginami-ku
TOKYO 166

The bazaar is open on Saturdays from 9am to 1.30pm.

If anyone checks this infomation could they please let me now if it is correct. I will move soon and would like to give my clothes, etc. to charity. It would also be good to know what items they take as I haven't been to the bazaar.

Thanks

Janine

By Adam on Saturday, October 1, 2005 - 3:52 am:

My wife has lots of clothes she no longer uses. She would like to give them to others or to charity. She is rather small and slim (No. 9, I guess in Japanese system). Please give me some ideas what to do.

By Nancy on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 3:04 pm:

Caroline, supposedly Florence, sells designer clothing, but it has been several years since I was last there. It is a very small shop at 5-49-8 Jingumae. (B2 exit from Omotesando) As they have a sale approaching, they can only accept 5 items at a time on consignment. I have been to a shop in Yokohama at Ishikawacho station, called Cosmos. The owner (Akiko) speaks English and the store is also a consignment/second hand shop but much larger than Florence, with clothing for women, children and men, though the majority is womens' clothing. There are lots of good buys and the sizes are not all single digits. They have a website (Japanese only)which you can try running through translation software http://www.csms.co.jp
The phone number is 045 201 2191

By Caroline A. on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 2:31 pm:

What kind of clothing items do they sell at Florence? And do you by chance have the specific adress?

By Nancy on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 5:17 pm:

Has anyone had any experience sellling or buying clothes at Florence (consignment shop) which is just off Aoyama Dori behind Kinokuniya? The phone number is 03 3407-0318.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: