Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Salvation Army

Japan With Kids - Forums: Second Hand/Recycle/Flea Markets: Salvation Army
By Yuko Kubota on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 11:19 am:

As the Nakano SA is close to a good art college for women (Joshibi), the second hand clothes are very effective.

But you can also ask your local ward office, and they can usually guide you to other non-profitable organizations near you that accept second hand donations and utilise them.

Also, you can always donate or sell things to the many private "recycle shops" in your neighborhood.

By Bethan Hutton on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 10:39 am:

Here's the English website for the Salvation Army's second-hand depot in Nakano (Marunouchi subway line):
http://familystore.salvationarmy.or.jp/english/index.html
I think they just have the one location.

By Hiromi Ishimoto on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 1:12 pm:

is there a salvation army outlet in tokyo that accepts used clothes?

By Admin on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 1:19 pm:

Salvation Army Thrift Store Tokyo!

Dear Viv and Ocampo,
Here a copy of Japan for Kids would be able to answer your question (2nd edition page 71)! So why not get one here: JWK Book Store

Nearest subway stop: Nakano Fujimicho on the Marunouchi line, plus a 10 minute walk (if not hauling kids). Follow the crowd. Open only one day a week on Saturdays from 9 am to noon. Call to confirm (they sometimes close for a holiday). White building.

Japanese name: Kyuseigun Danshi Shakai Hoshi Center
Address: 2-21-2 Wada, Suginami-ku
Tel: 03-3384-9114

By Viv on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 12:00 am:

I've been trying to find out information about the Salvation Army in (so I hear) Nakano. I've never found anyone who has actually been there. Is it just an urban legend? Even the SA website lists no information about any of their recycle shops. Can you post what you know about the one in Koenji? Thanks!

By ocampo on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 11:15 pm:

Does anyone know if there is a Salvation Army here in Setagaya area? I only know one that is located in Koenji, Please advise, thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: