Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Japanese National Census

Japan With Kids - Forums: Immigration/visas/re-entry permits/naturalization: Japanese National Census
By Cornelia on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 7:41 am:

Yep, we all get counted (unless we are USA Military under SOFA status or diplomats and their dependents).

An older gentleman stopped by at my house yesterday and was nice enough to help me fill out the two sided computer read form (like the old school tests, fill in the circle with a #2 pencil). I was concerned that they might ask information I was not interested in giving but the questions about my work were not overly intrusive (just asked how many hours a week about, and location such as "at home" or "outside home"). The other question that was interesting: "does my child goes to school in the same ward where she lives or, if not, then in which ward/town does she go to school?" The whole thing took about 10 minutes. The instruction booklet looked like it might be in a 3 or 4 languages, but since he was helping me, I did not use the instruction booklet. He did have my name on a list before knocking on my door. This makes me think that they are not too concerned about getting the tourist visa holders counted. I wasn't asked if there were any other people living in the house.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: