Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Visas for countries other than Japan

Japan With Kids - Forums: Immigration/visas/re-entry permits/naturalization: Visas for countries other than Japan
By Katrina Bartolata on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 7:13 pm:

Hi! I am a Non-Japanese resident here in Tokyo, and I would like to know any information regarding renewal of my Non-immigrant US Visa. I have been working here for almost 3 years as an English Preschool Teacher for an international school. The US Embassy Website here in Tokyo only offers information regarding application. Any help will be appreciated. Please email me directly through kbartolata@yahoo.com. Thank you very much in advance.

By Admin on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 5:32 pm:

I almost deleted this conversation because I thought, at first glance, that it had no place here. This is Japan! Well, I changed my mind. First, I am very curious as to just exactly what is a

"Non-immigrant US Visa"?

Is it some kind of long-term tourist visa for someone who has family in the USA but comes from one of the countries that don't get automatic visitor visas based on nationality when entering? Are you worried that they might deny renewal of the visa? Do you want to read about other people's experiences?

Also, this conversation might also be used for people researching visa requirements when they travel to other countries (for work or vacation), so maybe it would be useful.

By Scott Hancock on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:04 am:

This person is from a country other than Japan, and happens to have this type of visa for going to the U.S. And, yes I believe it's a country that does not qualify for the waiver.

The world of U.S. Immigration is yet another from what we deal with here. Whatever - she needs to sort it out at the U.S. Embassy, so I am trying to explain to her how to get there.

That's all. Scott

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: