Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Toys Kingdom (a Toddlers paradise!)

Japan With Kids - Forums: Suggest a Main Topic: Toys Kingdom (a Toddlers paradise!)
By Jellund on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 2:26 pm:

Hello
We just got back from a fantastic outing at Toys Kingdom, located in Tokyo Dome City, the nearest stations are Suidobashi or Mita.

The Japanese site is here
http://www.tokyo-dome.co.jp/omocha/

It costs 1000yen for an adult and our son was free as he is under 3. There was an excellent selection of toys in the following categories

Daiya Block World - A huge area of daiya/lego blocks for building

Little Tikes Playland - all the little tikes brand, slides, gym, fort etc

Tomicar/Playrail land - trains, trains and more trains! You can make your own set with all of the materials there or just look at their large recreation of Tokyo with trains running through it.

Action Game World - Lots of tabletop games and some arcade games

Pico pico house - Selection of computers for kids to play with

Likka house - Dolls and dollhouses

Sylvanian families - an entire town of them!

Manabe no house - lots of ball toys, the rollercoaster kind with bead coasters

Wooden toys- Brio trains, xylophones, other instruments, magnets

Mamagoto house - play houses and kitchens complete with plastic foods, so many that it actually looks like a small grocery store

There is also a stage so I guess they do shows there sometimes. Our 1.5 year old had a great time there and I would thoroughly recommend it, the entrance fee covers a 3 hour ticket but we were all worn out before the 3 hours were up.

I may have missed some info but just wanted to post this as soon as possible in case people are still looking for things to do during Golden Week.

By Bethan Hutton on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 4:24 pm:

We also think Toys Kingdom is great - you'll find my recommendation under the "rainy days" topic.

I have a slight correction to Jellund's post above - the nearest stations are Suidobashi on the Mita or JR Sobu lines, or Korakuen on the Namboku and Marunouchi subway lines.

Also, an update: on weekdays there is now no time limit - your ticket (Y1,000 for adults, Y700 for age 3 and over) allows you to stay until they close at 6pm. The three-hour time limit is now just for weekends and public holidays.

However, there is still no re-entry once you are in, and there is not much in the way of food and drink available inside, so if you plan to stay for long, take your own lunch and snacks.

By Jellund on Sunday, May 1, 2005 - 3:53 pm:

Bethan - thanks very much for the corrections, I realised after I sent it that I made a mistake but didn't have time to get back onto the computer until today.

Thanks also for the info about weekdays not having a time limit. :)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: