Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Homestays - Live Like a Japanese

Japan With Kids - Forums: Suggest a Main Topic: Homestays - Live Like a Japanese
By Damian Reese on Thursday, September 8, 2005 - 5:26 am:

I'm an American with a wife and two kids. I lived in Mino-shi, Gifu-ken for a summer in college. I want my family to see Japan the way I did--naturally. I don't want to stay in a Hilton in downtown Tokyo and have a tour guide. I would like to stay with real families and see different parts of Japan, metro and rural.

Any suggestions?

By Emily Homma on Friday, September 9, 2005 - 1:41 am:

When are you coming to Japan? Some of my Eikaiwa (English Conversation) students,women aged 50 and above learn English partly to accept homestays. Two of them have EU student homestays right now, while the other is not available. Some others are interested to accept guests provided they are given enough time (at least a month) to prepare their extra rooms. Their houses are mostly modern, but their way of living is still very Japanese. Rent/fees negotiable.

One Japanese friend owns an old apartment with one-room units suited for students. Very cheap rent.

We live in Saitama, Kawagoe City. If you are interested, I could contact or inquire for you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: