Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Children Modeling in Japan

Japan With Kids - Forums: Suggest a Main Topic: Children Modeling in Japan
By Erin Michelle Adachi on Friday, July 7, 2006 - 10:03 pm:

Hi, I have 3 children who are half american and half japanese and I am interested in geting them into modeling. We are currently living in Japan. If you know any information about this, please let me know.

By Melissa Woods Nelson on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 2:46 pm:

Hi Erin -

I have had good experience with K&M and ISOP agencies - don't know much about the other agencies but a friend of mine with a girl half Japanese and half British was told by Sugar and Spice that it would cost her 20,000 yen to register her daughter with them - but foreign kids register with them for only 1000 yen (!) Other moms I've met at modeling things have also complained a bit about Sugar and Spice that they don't help you find the auditions or give you much information. I have a feeling they get a lot of people just because they are the only agency that specializes in kids, but other agenices also take kids. My experience with K&M and ISOP has been great, veryfriendly and helpful, registration cost nothing at ISOP (but you provide them with pictures of your kids) and 1000 yen at K&M (they take pictures at their studio).

ISOP 3405-7151
K&M 3404-9429

My conclusion in doing some auditions and jobs with my kids: some kids in the "business" sometimes seem pretty spoiled, some parents seem to push their kids into it. Other kids like it (I think it's easiest either as babies when nothing is expected of them, or else when they are old enough to know what's going on and to want to do it.) I took my son (3 yrs) out of it since he didn't seem to like it but my daughter loves trying on the clothes - if the job is not so early that she misses sleep.

Good luck...

Melissa

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: