Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Destination: Edogawa-ku, Tokyo

Japan With Kids - Forums: Moving to and Leaving Japan: Moving To Japan: Destination: Edogawa-ku, Tokyo
By pauline seah on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 11:00 pm:

Hello I am a singaporean, who will be move into Japan in July. I will be living with my friend for awhile before i will be able to find my own place. she is living in Edogawa-Ku. would like to know which part of tokyo is Edogawa-Ku and is there any facility for children? If I am travelling to Edogawa-Ku by train, which station should i go? Thanks you so much for your help.

By Cornelia on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 6:47 am:

Here are some links in English for Edogawa-ku:

Edogawa-ku English page for English speaking residents
http://www.city.edogawa.tokyo.jp/english/e-index.html
This web site also has a section on facilities.
A small map shows this city in relationship to the rest of Tokyo here:
http://www.city.edogawa.tokyo.jp/english/profile.html

There are lots of facilities for kids. I take my daughter ice skating at Edogawa Sportsland. To get there we use the Shinjuku subway line to Shinozaki station and then catch a bus. That is the last station in Tokyo before the train crosses the Edogawa River into Chiba Prefecture. On the way travelling south along the river towards the Sporstland there is a Ponyland with free pony rides. There are other trains that go into Edogawa-ku, I just don't know them well.

By Steve K on Wednesday, August 7, 2002 - 12:57 pm:

Edogawa is a large ward with a strange shape, traveling to different parts of usually mean getting on a bus. We usually take a bus to go from Ichinoe to Sobu Recreation park, a large park stretching from Arakawa river to Edogawa river. The same bus also takes us to Tokyo Bay and Kasai rinkai park, which has an aquarium and is next to a beach. The park is not too far from the Disney Resort complex either.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: