Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Japan With Kids - Forums: Classifieds: Wanted: 2005
By Trupti Gandhi on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 2:19 pm:

I need leap pad books for 5 and 8 yr olds... if you have any to sell please write to me... trupti:)

By Lisa Lau on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 2:17 pm:

Look for twin stroller and a baby crib/bed in good to excellent condition. Please email lclaai2004@hotmail.com directly.

By Joy Grace Salcedo on Friday, December 9, 2005 - 12:25 am:

Hi, Does anyone has a jacket that a mommy and the baby can fit together when we use the baby sling/carrier that you don't need anymore. Me and my friend is looking for one for a giveaway or sell for a cheap price? Please email me at joy35_grace@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

By Chika on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 7:13 pm:

BOOKS!! building a reading corner for kids in our cafe and would appreciate donations!

if you have books lying around gathering dust could you send them our way?! The cafe is in Tatebayashi-shi, Gunma-ken. please email for our complete address. although if you are reading this post it might be too late for us. you've probably already sold your books for a great price. however, if you end up with one left that no one wanted, you could send it to us...and that would be one more than we have now...(^^;)
email: planetchikajp(AT)yahoo.co.jp

By Samantha Zoe Aso on Tuesday, December 6, 2005 - 1:58 pm:

Looking for 3 wheeler bike(adult) that could be adjusted to seat two children(twins) on the back where the basket normally is.
If anyone knows a shop or of anyone selling new/old 3 wheelers ,I'd be eternally grateful!!

By Adrianne Poroslo on Tuesday, December 6, 2005 - 1:56 pm:

Desparately seeking Bundle me Warm and Bundle me Lite Blankets for my son.He is quite taller for his age so am looking out for the Toddler size.Does anyone know if these are availiable in any of the babyshops in Tokyo?
Also does anyone know if there are Maclaren Stroller accessories availiable in the Babiesrus stores in Tokyo.Tried to locate on their online shopping site but failed.
Am looking out for a Footmuff for my stroller model is TechnoXt 2005.Highly appreciate any assistance in the above.Tks

By Geraldine H on Saturday, December 3, 2005 - 11:05 pm:

Looking for a wooden baby/child chair similar to this one:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/orange-baby/467072/467092/468207/549916/

Please contact me at chez_othello@hotmail.com

By Ava on Friday, December 2, 2005 - 11:23 am:

Stock market books

does anyone has a used stock market books and would like to sell for a reasonable price. i am interested kindly email me..
thanks

By Emily Steele on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 3:30 pm:

Wanted

I would like to buy a lawnmower / grass cutter, suitable to mow an area of 10 square metres. An electric mower that collects the grass cutting is preferable, but I am open to any possibilities.

I like in Fukasawa, Setagaya Ku and am able to pick-up.

Thanks
Emily

By Nini Hori on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 11:46 am:

looking for any of Leapfrog toys age from 9 mth old onward.
if you have any unwanted lays around house, I would like to buy cheap and willing to pay for the delivery.
please e mail me.

By Ann Etienne on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 3:15 pm:

Hello,

I will be giving birth to my second son in January. My first will be 1.5 years and so I am looking for a second hand tandem stroller - preferably one which allows the newborn to lie down completely.

Thank you in advance for any offers.

kind regards,
Ann Etienne

By Nancy on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 8:20 am:

Caroline, one shop I know of is Florence, located at 5-49-8 Jingumae, just off Aoyama Dori. I haven't been there in a long time but I would imagine it is still open. Best to call and check.
Florence is open from 11 a.m. till 6 p.m. and closed on Sundays, Wednesdays and national holidays. Tel. 3407-0318. Nearest station: Omotesando on the Chiyoda, Hanzomon or Ginza lines. Take the B2 exit. In Yokohama there is a shop called Cosmos, on the North Exit of Ishikawacho station.

By Caroline A. on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 9:04 pm:

Hello- Does anyone know any good /design labels second hand shops in central Tokyo? Thank you in advance!

By Mina on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 5:55 pm:

Pokemon and other trading cards

If anyone is selling Pokemon and other trading cards in Japanese or English, please let me know. Willing to pay.

By Julie Ann Rosenthal on Monday, November 7, 2005 - 11:45 pm:

OUTDOOR JUNGLE GYM.... Looking for a larger climbing gym for our 2 year old to put in our garden (slide, climbing and if possible swing). Really looking for a larger one. Plastic (ie: from Little Tikes or Step 2), metal, or wood ok. Please email schweitzerja@hotmail.com

I can pick it up if not too far from Tokyo.

Thank you

By Mary Tokuhara on Sunday, November 6, 2005 - 5:17 pm:

Mom-baby bicycle needed, the kind with baby seat in front that can seat a 1 year old, and a shopping basket behind, . If you have a helmet to go with it too, then great.
It's too cold to go around in a stroller!
Please mail me with photo and price.
Mary

By Joy Grace Salcedo on Thursday, November 3, 2005 - 10:16 pm:

Wanted:

I am posting this for a friend who needs some overalls for her 5months old baby boy cheap or a giveaway. Can pay for the delivery cost. Thanks. Email me at joy35_grace@yahoo.com

By Tyng Battista on Wednesday, November 2, 2005 - 8:01 pm:

Does anyone have a keyboard or piano that you do not need anymore?
I am looking for one for my son's basic piano lesson.

If you would like to free up some space in you home, please contact me: tyngbattista@yahoo.co.uk

By Tishya Ghate on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 1:20 pm:

hi I am 5 months pregnant Indian women, this is my first time, I am living in roppongi,going back soon to India in month of NOVEMBER, so urgently required following things. mail on tishya_ghate@rediffmail.com
I am looking for
1. baby strollers shop in Tokyo,(it should be good & cheap)
2. good & cheap baby cloths
3. what is different baby utility?
4. pragency classes in English, or groups(English speaking)

By Geraldine H on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 4:09 pm:

I am looking for a humidifier for my daughter's bedroom. If possible a type that can heat the room as well (hybrid?).

Make me an offer with brand and model number at chez_othello@hotmail.com

By Nini Hori on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 9:49 pm:

looking for CPR class or red cross which conducted in English in Tokyo or Kanagawa area.Anyone had information regarding it please e mail me.

By Melissa Woods Nelson on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 1:45 am:

Mommy bike with 2 kid seats and shopping basket.
Anyone have one they are selling? My kids are roughly 2 year old and 4 year old heights. Please send me a photo and price if you have one to sell. Thanks! Melissa

By Nancy on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 10:45 am:

Laura
My son is selling some toys, including LEGO, though I am not sure what age your child is. Have a look at our home page.http://www.family-brandt.net/sale/main.htm

By Laura Actor on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 9:55 am:

We are looking for legos, Kettler tricycle, and new style baby bjorn.

We are also looking for a helper. We would ideally like a live-in but we are unable to sponsor. Therefore, she would be able to work a few mornings or evenings for someone else. It would be great if she also had somewhere to stay when we have company in town. (2 weeks in Dec. and March)

Please email with salary and schedule if you are interested.

By Joy Grace Salcedo on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 10:32 am:

Wanted:

Overalls for a baby girl for 3mos. to 6 mos. old cheap or a giveaway. Will pay for the delivery fee. Please contact me thru my email. joy35_grace@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

By Richard Mort on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 10:17 am:

/b{Urgent, NHK seeking housewives for new program}
Hello there,
Sorry to disturb you but I have been asked to help find foreign housewives for a new NHK TV program and if possible, they would like to arrange a meeting as soon as possible (this week if possible).

The person in charge is Mai Sasayama. Please contact her on: maisasa@nhk-ed.co.jp or 03-3481-1761 for more details.

Brief details are here:

Topic: Current daily life of English native speaking housewives living in Japan.
(Research)

* Would like to hear about your favourite food dishes and housework
* Would like bright and sociable people
* Aged 30-50 is best
* Interested in Japanese culture

The program is likely to have a Japanese housewife swapping hints with the English speaker about housework, dishes, and discussing life and culture in Japan. Basically a fun, feel good program about this topic.

Please contact Ms. Sasayama if you can help and please pass this message on to any more people who would be interested.

Thank you. Richard Mort

By Jellund on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 2:02 pm:

I am looking for a Danish/Norwegian set of Kransekage baking forms for a wedding cake I am making. If you have a set to sell or lend or rent please email me. Thank you very very much

By Priya Nair on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 3:27 pm:

I am on the lookout for a pre-paid mobile phone. If anyone has one to offer please give details. My email address is

vkaithamana@yahoo.com

By Jellund on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 10:11 am:

I am looking for a foreign mom-toddler pair in the Shibuya/Yoyogi area for a playdate magazine article. Need a toddler between 3-5years, if you are interested please email me. Thanks very much

By Tokyomama on Sunday, October 9, 2005 - 11:44 pm:

I'm looking for a ride-on car for my boy. Any kind of car would be OK.

By Irene Yap on Sunday, October 9, 2005 - 1:23 pm:

Hi,
I am looking for a Halloween costume for my 4 year old girl ...she is about 100cm tall and weighs 15kg. If anyone has one to sell cheap, please email me.

Thanks
yclch@yahoo.com.sg

By Marie Kawachi on Friday, October 7, 2005 - 4:25 pm:

Wanted:

Frog suits for fall/winter/spring
for 2 months- 4months old baby girl. Cheap or for free but must be clean and useable. Will pay for the delivery fee.

Please send an email thanks.

By Priya Nair on Wednesday, October 5, 2005 - 11:53 am:

I am in need of a child seat which can be fixed to the back of the bicycle. If anyone has one to offer please send an email to
vkaithamana@yahoo.com

Regards
Priya

By Geraldine H on Tuesday, October 4, 2005 - 12:45 pm:

Hi Bethan
This Japanese online toy shop seems to carry what you are looking for:

http://www.miraiya.com/themes-jr-3.htm

You can order the goods by fax with this form http://www.miraiya.com/fax.htm

Good luck

Geraldine

By Bethan Hutton on Monday, October 3, 2005 - 6:28 pm:

Dora the Explorer Duplo - has anyone seen it on sale anywhere in Japan?
I saw some in the UK in the summer, and was hoping to get some for my daughter's birthday this month, but haven't been able to find it here. I checked the Lego store in Venus Fort at the weekend, with no luck, but haven't yet tried the one in Grandberry Mall. Anyone have any other suggestions?

By Tokyomama on Monday, October 3, 2005 - 5:52 pm:

Ironing Board needed!!

By yvette takizawa on Monday, October 3, 2005 - 2:20 am:

Hi!Im looking for an English teacher who could teach my 4yr old son at home.Qualification would be someone with a whole year curriculum.Please leave your mail address here then i 'll contact you.thank you so much!

By Catherine Wan on Sunday, October 2, 2005 - 9:06 pm:

Due in December. Looking for Combi type stroller, cot/ moses basket, sling, baby monitor etc. Will pay reasonable price for good quality items. Can pick up.

By Naren Desai on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 12:00 pm:

I want External hard disk 60 GB or more capacity. Please contact me.
Thanks.

By Mary Tokuhara on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 9:16 am:

A BIG thank you to Janine. Your post was a wonderful read, whatever the age group, I believe everyone benefitted from your ideas. Alright, no balloons, and fortunately a kind lady has offered me some streamers in exchange for some of my paperbacks. I hope she enjoys them. We'll make "the switch" this week ...
Thanks again,
Mary.

By Janine Boyd on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 10:08 pm:

OOps
I miss read the age group
The party I suggested was for elementary school aged kids
One yr olds are much more high maintenance and its not something I would want to do coz I dont have that much energy
but here's some ideas anyway

This age group has an attention span of around 3 minutes so group activities will be difficult unless you are a pro

Better to set up a range of different activities around the house on different tables that the children can work their way through

You could modify the elementary focused party a little by having each mom attend to help their own child. Limit the number to 4 coz that means 4 adults too

Balloons are not a good idea for one year olds as they burst too easily and youll have not one but 4 hysterical bubs on your hands if one balloon pops
Just buy some streamers to hang from the door frames instead to make the room look different, dont forget to lower the height of the decorations coz 1 yr olds arent far off the floor and won't see them way up there!

Instead of the show
Have some cute kids-music to play in the background and make musical instruments with uncooked macaroni and rice to make interesting shakers out of pet bottles, toilet rolls and odd containers. Water soluable markers and colorful feathers and stickers to decorate. and plan a music show/dance after the cake cutting but keep it brief. Two songs max but lots of applause.

another group idea is
Parcel the parcel but with this age group you need a small present with each unwrapping, so everyone is a winner

Rent a stairguard or two for the stairs and rooms you dont want the bubs wandering off into and make sure there are no hard candies about.

Have bubble blowing in the kitchen...easy to mop the floor afterwards. (NB dont buy the straw type, theyll drink it. Just use the small ring on a stick type...the smaller the ring the better)

cake sprinkles and butter to decorate bread slices cut with cute animal cookie cutters

Pin the nose on the clown...no blindfold required

Face paints are fun if the kids have a mirror each to see what Mom is doing to them (but save this till last so the kids dont rub it off onto YOUR furniture)

futons and sheets draped over the sofa and other soft cushions to make a soft obstacle course to climb and roll over. One at a time.

Expect some tears on the day and be re-assured in advance that this has nothing to do with all your efforts, it's just the young group you are attempting to entertain grappling with the idea of being in a stranger's house. Goodluck, Youll need it!

J

By Janine Boyd on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 9:12 pm:

Mary dont panic
Balloons will do the job and after all the sweat and expense the kids wont notice anymore anyway. Just blow up heaps and put them all over the floor for the kids to kick and hang a few from the window frames
Then arm yourself with a party that the kids do themselves. This way they will have fun and you dont get all the work
Here's a proven recipe for an easy day when you are stuck in a small Japanese house with a zillion kids
First, limit the kids to 5 or 6 for sanity or for more kids book it at Macdonalds so they get all the mess instead of you.
Plan only two games eg pin the tail on the donkey and pass the parcel and rent the DVD of Shrek just incase if the kids are not interested

Cake********
*Buy 2 pre cooked sponge cakes from the department store
*2 packs of pre whipped cream in a dispenser (usually a blue box in the milk section)
*Go down the candy aisle and get about 5 different types of soft candies, chocolates and cake decorations and put them into little plates
*buy some strawberry jam to stick the 2 sponge halves together.
Put it all on the table and let the first 3 kids be in charge of decorating the cake. Birthday girl/boy is not allowed to peep.
* buy paper plates and cups to clean up easily afterwards and put them on another table with other kids in charge of handing out markers. Children have to decorate their own cup/plate so they dont get mixed up. They can also decorate a balloon to take home.
* make a simple rule about food and drinks are to be consumed in the kitchen only and play is allowed in these rooms. Show them the toilet. Get another group of kids who missed out on cake decoration to draw a floor plan of where everyone is allowed to go. This should kill the first hour.
*Plan show time****
In groups of two children have to do a magic trick, sing a song, act out an animal for everyone to guess "who am I?"and they have to make tickets and a program to go with their act. Give them 10 minutes to practice in separate
parts of the house. Ring a bell for showtime and grab your video and a coffee. Tickets can be sold for a candy. If you are the only member of the audience then make a few stuffed animals join you on chairs/cushions ... they have to "buy" tickets too of course.
*Unwrap one present between acts to save he lag time
*dont forget time for the cake and games at the end.
Line up plates of candies and pass each child a little party bag to take three of each as they line up along the table side like a factory line on their way out.
Hope this gives you some ideas
Janine

By Mary Tokuhara on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 10:29 am:

Party Decorations Wanted - Urgent.
I need to decorate my apartment for my friend's kid's one year birthday NEXT WEEK! Does anyone have a set of birthday decorations -I really don't know what a set consists of, I've never decorated my house for a party in my entire life! Right now I can only think of balloons?!- that I can take off their hands? Please, for free if possible, I'm willing to trade for some really good paperbacks. Please mail me, Thanks. Mary.

By Trisha on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 1:46 pm:

Wanted
exersauser
Info on where to buy new or 2nd hand appreciated

By Cathy Edwards on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 11:09 am:

Bob the Builder

Does anybody have a Bob the Builder dress up to fit a 2 year old that they want to sell?

We have the tool belt and hat but would like the costume for Halloween.

If anybody has seen them for sale in Tokyo please let me know as I am happy to buy new.

Email me at edwards@mc.rosenet.ne.jp

Many thanks

By Jellund on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 9:25 am:

Posting on behalf of my friend....

Anyone know where I could buy..secondhand okay a Pashley complete with child seats.Second hand
okay.Needed for twins.
Thanks!!
Sammy at zippyninski@yahoo.co.uk

By Tammy Bond on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 12:13 am:

2-3 YEAR OLD BOYS CLOTHING WANTED

Help! My toddler has outgrown all his size 1 clothes and I would love to buy an "instant wardrobe of clothes" to suit the coming season/s. He is currently 16 months old and 13.5 kgs. Not sure of his height - must be getting close to 80cms (Aussie size child!)

Must be in good condition.

Please email bond@fastmail.fm

Thank You

By Tammy Bond on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 12:04 am:

HALL STAND WANTED

I would like to buy a hall stand. Something that holds hats, coats and umbrellas is ideal. I would even be interested in one with a mirror?

Please email photo and price to bond@fastmail.fm

Thank You!

By Admin on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 10:40 pm:

All the bicycle seat posts were moved to the pre-existing discussion named "Shopping in Japan: Bicycles" at http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/333/977.html.

By Leo Naughton on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 7:31 pm:

Thank All. someone recommended http://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd/
esearch/vc?sv=2&sitem=%A5%A2%A1%BC%A5%E0%A5%D0%A5%F3%
A5%C9+%BF%E5%B1%CB

By Leo Naughton on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 2:08 pm:

Can anyone tell me where you can get toddler inflatable floaties or arm bands for swimming (in Tokyo

The ones at swimming pool are huge and bulky
Search everywhere for them but summer is over so they`re
not selling anymore
thank

By Karyn Robson on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 3:20 pm:

I just found out about two great sources of information
www.frugaljapan.com has lots of tips for living inexpensively in Tokyo and Japan

Or you can join the world of freecyclers. The Freecycle NetworkEis made up of many individual groups across the globe. It's a grassroots movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. You can find out about groups in your area of Japan at www.freecycle.org

By Kona on Friday, September 9, 2005 - 4:36 pm:

Hi everyone,
Iam leaving Japan in another 10 days..I would like to sell a 2-seater leather SOFA, 2 relaxing chairs,kitchen rack, oil room heater, washing machine, living room table all for just 42000YENS..But the price is negotiable..All in very good condition..Pick up from Myoden station..

By Yuko Kubota on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 11:58 pm:

Hi Tyng,

Are you looking for something like a big room where babies can gather to play? Have you asked your local ward office? I don't know where you live, but most districts in Japan has several public centers where residents are free to use without charge or very little charge, and the ward office has all the details.

By Nancy on Sunday, September 4, 2005 - 6:53 pm:

Robin

"Bed Rails"? Do you mean a North American style bed frame (usually it is metal with wheels) and the box spring sits in it, with the mattress on top?You could try Tokyo Lease, as they import and sell North American size mattresses, like Simmons. Alternatively, depending on the style of headboard, you could attach it to the wall(assuming the head of the bed is against a wall.

By Robin Lancien on Sunday, September 4, 2005 - 2:05 pm:

Does anyone know where I can find American style bed rails that you can attach a headboard to?

By Tyng Battista on Sunday, September 4, 2005 - 2:02 pm:

I am looking for any activity centre for a 7 month old baby.

If anyone would like to free up some space at home, please email me your giveaways.

Many thanks in advance.

Tyng 080 3416 3521

By miraculous-n-aesthetic@indiatimes.com on Friday, September 2, 2005 - 4:11 pm:

Hello

This is Vartika.Anyone want to learn delicious indian food?I am an indian housewife.I live in hongo sanchome,tokyo.JPY2000/class.Interested mail me at miraculous-n-aesthetic@indiatimes.com.

By Monica S. on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 5:40 pm:

Looking for baby coveralls in many sizes. They must cover baby`s feet, head and hands, and have a zipper, if possible. Doesn`t matter if they`re old (I need them to make stuffed dolls) I have a coverall never used that I can give you in exchange. It`s towel material suitable for boy/girl, size 80. Picture available.

By wini meidasari on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 2:25 pm:

Hi. If you have english children books (story books) for 4 years old children for disposing or cheap sale, i am willing to buy it or take it.

thanks

By Nini Hori on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 12:39 pm:

looking for Amway dealer in Japan, I interested in supplementary.Anyone out there knowing these people?

By Robin Lancien on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 9:08 pm:

I'm looking for a small trampoline like the ones used for jogging.

Does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,
Robin

By Marie Kawachi on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 1:47 pm:

Wanted:

Baby sling front style for free or cheap. Will pay for the delivery. Must be in good condition.

By JC on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 1:52 pm:

Hello,
Our first baby boy is expected for October. Any baby item (clothes, toys, stroller...) you want to give away or sell at a reasonable price would be welcome. I can pick up in Tokyo/ Chiba city area. Please email us at joco0001@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks
John

By Geraldine H on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 2:21 pm:

The cry for help for Sabina is not mentionned at all on the official Unesco website http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ID=15006&URL_DO
=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html
(very different in design as the one given in reference in the message).
Furthermore all the contacts address for donations are "@hotmail.com or @yahoo.com"...
I am not saying it's a scam but make sure to verify all the details before making a donation.

By Eliza on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 3:39 am:

Sabina is a six months old girl diagnosed with hepatoblastoma, a very rare form of liver cancer. She needs 25,000 british pounds ($44,000) to pay for a treatment in Edinburgh, Scotland.
more...
http://www.sabinac.netfirms.com/
http://www.unesco.co.uk/

By Monica S. on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 3:24 pm:

I`m looking for second hand LASY blocks. In japan they`re sold as "Livelock". This is the page http://www.blg.co.jp/product/live/framelive.htm

If you have parts it`ll work fine.
Thanks!

By Laura Actor on Sunday, August 7, 2005 - 4:12 pm:

We have just arrived in Japan (Azabu area) and would like to buy small appliances from somebody leaving. actorsinjapan@gmail.com

By Clara James on Monday, August 1, 2005 - 11:36 pm:

LARGE PLAYPEN WANTED

we are looking for a playpen or for a fence which could be constructed on a wooden floor to enclose a toddlers play area.
It would be an area 3 metres x 2 metres, but does not have to be exactly that size.

thanks,

Clara

By S.N.H. on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 9:38 am:

I`m looking for a toddler harness for our unexpectd trip home next week. If anyone has one to sell/give please contact me. Thanks.

By Monica S. on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 3:36 pm:

Urgently looking for a second hand fridge in good condition. Mine is not cooling enough cause is an old one. Must be in Saitama-shi because I don`t have a car.
E-mail me: pkdsj802{at}ybb.ne.jp

Thanks

By Michael on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 3:12 pm:

Hello
I am looking for a Carseat for my son who turns 2 years this months.
to-michael@gmx.net

By Monica S. on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 5:45 am:

I`m looking for a second hand ERGO BABY CARRIER. Pleas contact me:
pkdsj802@ybb.ne.jp
thanks!

By Yelena Gluzman on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 10:53 am:

seeking PREGNANT YOGA books.
do you have one you used during
your pregnancy, now laying around
and gathering dust?

i will pick up or pay for shipping if
you live outside tokyo area.

i can also return the book/s at the
end of my pregnancy (in time for
your next one?)

By Tami Shimoda on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 4:02 pm:

Thank you for responding, Yvette. I'm sorry, but I will only be looking at children ages 7-8, 9-10, 11-12 for my study. Thank you for your interest!

I've been having trouble finding participants, so any suggestions would be helpful!
(I've posted on the boards at Nissin Market and National Market!)
Thanks!

By yvette takizawa on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 1:38 am:

hello!Tami,

I'm interested in what you said in your posted message but my son;4yrs old; is not that fully developed english speaker.How's this gonna work?

yvette

By Giedre_Varkalyte on Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - 3:57 am:

24-year-old ENERGETIC, FRIENDLY, MOTIVATED FEMALE is looking for full/part time English teaching position in/near Saitama. Love working and playing with children. ADVANTAGES: Master's degree. Musical abilities (piano, singing). Drawing/design abilities (4 years experience in illustrating/designing magazines for children). Entertainment abilities (making performances, acting, dancing). Basic japanese skills. No current work visa. For resume/photo, please, contact: djgiedra@yahoo.com. Thank you!

By Tami Shimoda on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 3:33 am:

Hello! I'm a student at Keio University and I am currently conducting a study on English/Japanese monolingual & bilingual children as part of my undergraduate thesis. I've been fortunate enough to attain the cooperation of two international schools in Tokyo, but I was unable to find enough participants. Is anyone interesting in participating in this study with your child?

The study involves a 10 min interview with the child and a questionnaire for the parents. I'm looking for monolingual English & bilingual English/Japanese speaking children ages 7-8, 9-10, 11-12 (grades 3, 5, 7 as of June 2005).
Please let me know if you are interested or if you know any communities, groups, or individuals that might be interested in participating.

I'm currently looking into summer school programs, events for children and support groups.

I'm looking for participants who are available for interviews during the summer (July, Aug, early Sept).

I appreciate any suggestions or information concerning this topic. Thank you!!

By Bethan Hutton on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 8:10 pm:

Re changing table - I've never seen a specialist changing table here (no space in small Japanese apartments?) but, FWIW, what I did was buy a chest of drawers of the appropriate size and height to put a changing mat on, and used the top couple of drawers for nappies, wipes etc and the rest for baby clothes. This was great for the first few months when they seem to need changing every five minutes, but once they started rolling over (at about three or four months in the case of my two) it was much safer and easier to change them on the floor. We are still using the chest of drawers seven years later, but I think we would have had less than a year's use out of a changing table for both children combined.

By Kristen Kajiwara on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 6:22 pm:

I am looking for a diaper changing/dressing table for my soon-to-be-born baby. I have had no luck finding one at Toys or Babies R Us. Does anyone have one they no longer need or know where I can find one? I can be reached at hideok10@aol.com

Thank you very much!
Kristen Kajiwara

By Jellund on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 10:11 pm:

The school I work part-time for, Ladies English School, is urgently looking for a teacher for a 10 year old girl, private lesson, 2000yen an hour plus 500yen transportation fee, in Shin-Yurigaoka (Odakyu line). This is a short-term contract, 2-3 months only.

They also need a teacher in Yokohama for some private lessons.

If you are interested in either of these positions please email

les@tokyogoodservice.com

Thank you very much

By Madenlee Manlangit on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 2:50 pm:

HELP! CHEAPEST PRICE
BIKE WANTED AND SOFA BED IF ANYONE HAS PLEASE CALL 09091559182 PREFERABLY IN OGIKUBO/NAKANO SHINJUKO AREAS OR EMAIL AT edtky-alphi@t.vodafone,ne.jp

By Zainolrafidah on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 1:18 am:

I am looking for Toyota Estima Aeras with Navigation ,low m/ages 60000km and below , 2.3 cc, 2WD with the price 1400 000 yen and below.If anyone have one and wanted to sell it do contact me at zainolrafidah@yahoo.com

By Mary Tokuhara on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 6:07 pm:

Digital Video Camera wanted
Tight budget so second hand one should be fine, but preferably a recent model with English instructions. Please mail me a photo with your best offer.
Thanks,
Mary

By Joy Grace Salcedo on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 2:46 pm:

Wanted:

Baby stroller for a newborn for free/ cheap price for my friend. Can arrange pick up/ delivery via takkyubin.

Please contact me at joy35_grace@yahoo.com.

By Elena on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 5:21 pm:

My little boy is a huge fan of Sesame Street. If you past that stage and have any items for sale or giveaway let me know. Books, videos(or DVDs), CDies, boy summer clothing(90-95 cm with Cookie monster, Big Bird or Elmo); posters, stickers...

Thanks in advace.
Elena from Saitama
liepaya@yahoo.com

By jane linz on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 3:34 pm:

Published children's writer
looking for teens to fill in
survey. No personal info, just
questions about living in
Japan. The questions are
aimed at getting a better
understanding of life in Japan
for a foreign teen. Absolutely
no personal questions asked.

Help me research my new
book. If anyone has teenage
kids, or teaches teenagers,
and could help me out, it
would be much appreciated.
Email for questionnaire.

hystericool@yahoo.com

Kind regards

Jane Tara

By Trisha on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 2:01 pm:

I am looking for a breast pump. ineed info on what's good and what's not. Willing to pay for a new one or used one as long as its in usable condition.

By Betsy Rogers on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 3:30 pm:

I am looking for a children's bunkbed. It must be able to be disassembled into two beds, prefer one with drawers underneath.

By Admin on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 5:15 pm:

The four posts regarding diapers have been moved to the pre-existing conversation at:
http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/42/77.html
under "Consumer Reports".

By Mary Tokuhara on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 3:49 pm:

Playpen and playmat needed!
Does anyone have a playpen and playmat that their children have outgrown. I would gladly take them off your hands, for our daughter. She's decided to explore wirings and plugs, and cleaning the carpet by herself ... We can pick the items up in the Tokyo/Chiba areas. Please mail maryxthao@ezweb.ne.jp
Thanks,
Mary

By Tracy Todd on Monday, June 6, 2005 - 3:25 am:

I am working on putting an anthology together for new mothers, the book is called What I Wish I had known as a New Mother, and will contain stories and advice from 200 experienced mothers who share what they wish they had known or done differently or unusual experiences. In addition to having a new baby myself, I've already talked to over 130 women and am looking for more mothers to contribute. Participants will see their name at the front of the book under acknowledgements, and you can expect to see your story in print and help new mothers have an easier time during this major life event. When the book is published, 10% of the profits will go to children’s charities.

Years ago, people lived together in tribes and new mothers had a community of experienced mothers who shared their wisdom on the art of motherhood. Now, with extended families dispersed all over the country and modern lifestyles, women are lacking that sense of community and shared information when it comes to the surprises of motherhood.

I am interviewing mothers from 20 E90, if you are interested in sharing your experience e-mail tracytodd@telus.net and I will send you a short questionnaire. There is a form for women with young children and form for women with older children.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Tracy Todd

tracytodd@telus.net
http://www.whatiwishihadknown.com/

By M S on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 4:27 am:

Looking for Kumon Nihongo Materials

I am hoping to find a whole set of used Kumon Nihongo materials. I am currently working through the Kokugo materials, and my understanding of Japanese is quite good, but I have problems with some quite simple things and gaps in my foundation.

I live abroad and would pay for postage and an agreed price for materials.

By Edith Kayumi on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 1:05 am:

I'm looking for a second-hand set of Disney's World of English materials. Does anyone have these to sell or know where I can get used copies? Thanks.

By Nami on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 2:45 pm:

Japanese Magazine seeking interviewee (mom&toddler)
Greetings!
I am writing from a new Japanese magazine "Happy Mama", which is coming out this July. It's a bi-monthly magazine containing information for moms & toddlers in the Kanto area.

Currently, I am looking for mommy-and-toddler pairs who would be willing to appear in the magazine. The article is a 4 page article titled "Let's go on a playdate!" The main concept behind the article is to promote early English education to the Japanese moms, in a positive, fun way.
What I want to do in the article is to bring 2 pairs of mommy&child (one Japanese, one non-Japanese) together in every issue, and let the kids play together, have the moms chat together, and simply display the fun of communicating across different cultures. In reality, I will be available to translate to extinguish language barriers.

I thought perhaps you could direct me to non-Japanese moms to talk to. Thanks for any help. Feel free to pass this e-mail along to any families you think may be interested. I can be reached at takoyaki900[at]yahoo.co.jp
Nami Sasaki
Writer for "Happy Mama"

By Chika on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 6:14 pm:

looking for a high chair... would love a fisher-price healthy care high chair...will settle for something that can reach a tall table/counter preferably with a removable tray...

By Eliza on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 2:21 am:

I have bought a lot of baby items at a resonable price (and really cheap clothes starting form size 70 and up) from Nishimatsuya shop. They have stores everywhere in Japan. Here is the link with the locations http://www.mimipa.com/i/tenpo/index.html.

There is also the nissen (shopping online) http://www.nissen.co.jp/c_item/2005sum/sho_index/f_skb_01.asp?c_status=

Good luck!

By kara pothier on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 2:31 am:

Nickeloedoen looking for American teens living in Japan

I am writing from a kids' television news program called Nick News. It airs in the US on the cable channel Nickelodeon, and is the only national news program designed for young teens.

We are currently working on a show about American kids living in Japan -- what their lives are like, how life in Japan differs from life in America, how it is similar, what they like most about Japanese culture.

We are looking for kids to highlight on the show, and I thought perhaps you could direct me some kids to talk to.

Ideally, we are looking for kids between the ages of 12-15 who have been living in Japan for at least a year. We would love to talk to a kid who is completely immersed in the culture and loves living there. We would also like to feature a kid who has embraced some of the high tech gagets Japan offers and uses them in their day to day living (ie, I read an article about kids who use technology in their cell phones to pay for subway rides.) And possibly a kid who lives in a more rural environment and lives a more traditional Japanese lifestyle.

If you have any ideas as to how I could find American kids in Japan, I would appreciate any help.

We hope to contact families first by e-mail and phone, and then in July we hope to come to Japan to film "A Day in the Life" of a few kids. The kids can be from various locations in Japan. We would like at least one to be in Tokyo, and perhaps one in a more rural environment.

Thanks for any help. Feel free to pass this e-mail along to any families you think may be interested. I can be reached at kara@nicknews.com

Kara Pothier
Coordinating Producer, Nick News

By Lisa Lau on Saturday, May 7, 2005 - 3:06 pm:

I am expecting twin girls in August so I need to start preparing items for
the coming birth. Looking for reasonably priced baby items (new or good
secondhand).

please email lclaai2004@hotmail.com

By Karyn Robson on Friday, May 6, 2005 - 10:45 pm:

Hello
The American Embassy Housing Compound will be holding it's annual sidewalk sale on Saturday May 14th from 9:00-15:00.

My kids and I have a lot of baby items to sell incuding a double stroller, bouncing seat, child size wooden rocking chair and of course toys. There will be plenty more stuff for sale including a large number of mens suits, several pairs of skis, portable wardrobe, dining room chairs, etc

Please stop by to take a look. The sale is open to the general public.

By John Ellis on Friday, May 6, 2005 - 10:31 pm:

Hi!
I'm looking for stuff for a boy baby--just one, but thanks a lot for your kind message.

By Nancy on Friday, May 6, 2005 - 12:13 am:

John

I happened to notice that someone is selling a Graco Double stroller through an ad on the YCAC (Yokohama Country & Athletic Club)noticeboard. E-mail me privately if you would like the details.

By John Ellis on Thursday, May 5, 2005 - 11:59 am:

Looking for used baby goods (strollers, sling, etc..) in YOKOHAMA area. email: jd6919@yahoo.com

By Sue Slater on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 8:06 pm:

Hi, I am looking for a childs bike seat. For a one and a half year old child. Please call Sue on 03 3341-9261.

By Monica S. on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 2:21 am:

I found the "Tummy tub" at http://www.linkup.ne.jp/pippi/shop/goods/tummy_tub.html

Does anyone has a second hand one? Just want to make sure before buying a new one.

By Monica S. on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 12:55 am:

Sorry about the link. Actually Im trying to find out how to make my own with a normal pail. The problem is the rounded-base, and also that a 100 yen pail doesn`t have any guarantee...

By Nancy on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 9:40 pm:

Monica

It hardly looks like a bathtub, but more like a pail.J Maybe you could find something similar at Daiso or another 100 yen shop? Btw, to look at the product through the link one has to type "badeeimer" in the "suche" field (that's the search field).

By Monica S. on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 12:41 pm:

Does anyone have a baby Badeeimer or know where can I buy one?
as shown in https://www.babygerecht.de/default.asp?
I found them for 1EUR in the German Ebay, but the shipping is so expensive.

By Joy Grace Salcedo on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 10:23 am:

Maternity Clothes Needed

Hi! Does anyone have some 4-9 month maternity clothes for summer that I can beg for free.

I am due at the third week of August. I am 150cm. tall and slim build. I live in Arakawa-ku.

By Janine Boyd on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 8:29 pm:

Hi Caroline A
Hi my double stroller front and rear Combi Twin spin is still available as advertised in March below

Double stroller for sale for Yen7500 plus Yen1500 postage, Cheapest one I saw at the recycle shop was Y10 000
email for picture of it.

janinebbboyd@hotmail.com

By Caroline A. on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 11:32 am:

I am looking for a double / twin stroller and/or jogger. Pls e-mail me if you have one that you would be interested in selling. Thank you!!

By Daniel Middleton on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 12:26 am:

Coming from the U.S. My wife and I will be
in Japan for a month
late April to mid-May visiting relatives.
Need:
1) a car child seat (for 1yr old)
2) a stroller, and
3) baby walker

Will buy or borrow.
Please email me if you have something
reasonable. Thanks!! Dan
danmiddle@
yahoo.com

By Jill on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 3:59 pm:

Koinobori - carp streamer

Does anyone have a Koinobori - carp streamer to sell?
I would like to send one to my neice's school in Oman, but even on discount websites they are a little expensive.
If anyone has one to sell at a reasonable price (or even better-donate!), please get in touch.
Thanks a lot
Jill
chicago222@hotmail.com

By Yuko Kubota on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 12:36 am:

Kelly,

They are called "bo-nyuu bag." Bonyuu means breast milk. If you can't pronounce it properly, just show them the romaji.

As mentioned, I would assume they are available at large drug stores, but I'm sure they sell them at shops inside hospitals with pediatrics. This is an example of packages I found on the internet.
http://www.kenko.com/product/seibun/sei_665065.html

By Clare Humphreys on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 11:20 pm:

Hi Kelly.

If you live anywhere near Hiro, I know they sell them in the little shop in the foyer of Aiku Hospital. I'd imagine most chemists would sell them as well, but I'm afraid I don't know the name for them in Japanese.

Clare.

By Kelly Wang on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 11:02 pm:

Hi:

Could anyone let me know where to buy the breast milk storage bags in Tokyo? (and what is the Japanese word for that?) I urgently need them because my baby is going to a day-care center this Tuesday. I had thought that I have brought some from U.S. but could not find them in my suitcases. Thanks a lot!!

Kelly

By Moemi & Ririka on Saturday, April 9, 2005 - 3:03 am:

Hi Al,

I have an exersaucer by evenflo which I bought from the Baby Center through the internet and sent to Japan through Expat Express.Please send me an e-mail if you would like to know more about it.

Priscila
akahori@gol.com

By Al on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 9:45 pm:

Exersaucer???
Someone must have one lying around that they are not using or know of someone with one. I really need one for my son and I can't find them at any store in Tokyo, nor will Toys R Us, Amazon etc, ship toys to Japan. Can anyone help me out?

By Lucy Mori on Thursday, April 7, 2005 - 10:37 am:

Wanted: Pram / buggy which lies flat for new born baby; also baby cot / crib / bed with adjustable height and rails. Good condition. Will pay reasonable price. Central Tokyo area. Baby due end May 2005. Email lucy_mori@yahoo.co.uk

By Yulya Katkova on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 - 8:38 pm:

My name is Julia. I'm from Russia. I'm a mother of a 6y.o. boy. His name's Dima. He suffers from atopical dermatitis, food allergy, bronchial asthma, chronical allergical rhinitis & conjunctivitis, neurological problems (night fears), natal brain trauma, connective tissue disorder (or MASS phenotype, Marfan related syndrome, and the affection of it: rotation of right side kidney, additional chord on average of third of left ventricle of heart, sinusoid tachycardia, arthralgy, V-deformation of chest, joint hypermobility, eye myopia, palsy of the upper nerve of the left eye). I'm looking for any kind of help, like used clothes, toys, school things, vitamins, soy products, medicine. If there's someone who doesn't need boy's clothes anymore, would it be possible to donate it to my son? I'd be so much thankful!. I'd accept used boy's clothing sizes: clothes 122-128 cm (6-7 years), shoes 30-31(European size). Thank you very much in advance. I'm also looking for people with MASS or people having children with MASS to exchange experience.
Julia Katkova, POB 276, St.Petersburg-332, 198332 RUSSIA e-mail: yuk246[at]yandex.ru

By JOANNE MAC DONALD on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 - 12:12 pm:

Hello from Toronto Canada! I am a mom with 5 kids, married and host international students from all over the world! I also collect TY Beanie babies. I am looking for others in Japan who collect them as well. Right now I am trying to start a collection of TY promotional Bears, usually sold at Splash and Sammy's as well as other locations. I am also a buyer. So if U or anyone U know collects or sells PLMK, Thanks bunches, Joanne

By Katherin Higgins on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 2:56 pm:

I am looking for a used baby carriage (for 8kilo and up) and play pen in good condition. Also any sun hats that can fit the head of a six month old.

By Al on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 5:16 am:

Exersaucer,
Can anyone tell me where in Tokyo I can get one? Or better does anyone have one they are no longer using?

By Elena on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 11:38 pm:

Urgently need toddler inflatable floaties or arm bands. Gotta get them before April 1st. I could not find them in ToysRUs or other children stores. Email me if you have one for sale or give away. I can pick up in Saitama or Tokyo otherwise will pay delivery. Thank you.

By Monica S. on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 7:31 pm:

Im looking for a non-padded ring sling or a nice wrap sling. please, contact me!

By Geraldine on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 12:45 pm:

I am still looking for a jogging stroller (3 wheels /all-terrain buggy). My favorite is the Baby Jogger II but other brands would do as long as it is not too heavy and bulky. Anyone have one for sale?

By Indo mommy on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 3:42 pm:

Hi all,

I am looking for Ghiblis Production's "Tonari no Tottoro"(Neighbouring or neighbourhood Tottoro i think is the English name) DVD.

Local places have it quite expensive. Any Mai dolls or Tottoros.. I am looking for them. My 2 year old loves Mai and Satsuki!

By Eliza on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 1:17 pm:

To, Tanushri rajan .
Hi! I have a stroller that I do not use it anymore. It is from Combi, it isnt' quite new but it is in cood condition. If you are interestred I can send you photos to see it. I'll give it for free. Send me an email at flakeherald@yahoo.com

By cherrylyn de guzman on Thursday, March 3, 2005 - 3:07 pm:

I am looking for a used or new walker for my baby boy must be in good condition. And also Baby Einstein video and other creative video for baby in english. Please contact me if you have one to sell or to giveaway. Thanks.

By Bethan Hutton on Wednesday, March 2, 2005 - 10:52 pm:

Little Mermaid - does anyone have a copy of the original Disney video/DVD they no longer want? After a couple of trips to DisneySea my daughter is very keen on Ariel, but I gather Disney is not planning to re-release the movie on video/DVD until she is nearly a teenager...

I am happy to pay for the video/DVD and postage, and any format/region is OK.

edobaby@hotmail.com

By Tanushri rajan on Wednesday, March 2, 2005 - 4:47 pm:

Hi,
would like a stroller for my new born baby. Want it to be in good condition.
Thanks
Tanu

By Janine Boyd on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 8:05 pm:

Hi Yelena
Sorry to take so long getting back to you
the measurements for the piano are approximately 150cm wide
120 cm tall and 65 cm deep. Pretty standard size

By Janine Boyd on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 3:29 pm:

I have a double stroller for sale for Y7500 plus Y1500 postage, Cheapest one I saw at the recycle shop was
Y10 000
email for pic
janinebbboyd@hotmail.com

By Joanna Bennett on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 1:48 pm:

I am looking for a double stroller suitable for up to 3 years old(or 30/40 lbs). Not more than 3000 yen please.

By ccm on Monday, February 28, 2005 - 11:43 pm:

Hi, I'm starting some playgroups from home and am interested in finding toys and books (in English) for toddlers ages 1-4 (or 5). Would need for them to be in very good or excellent condition. May also be interested in arts and crafts materials as well. Thanks.

By Gauri Sathaye on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 11:38 pm:

Hi,
I'm looking for some good board games to play with my four year old. I checked couple toy shops in the neighbourhood (except Toysrus) and could not find any good ones which does not require knowledge of japanese. Let me know if you have any good ones to sell or let me know good toy shop where i can find one..
thanks,

By Linda Gondo on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 11:28 am:

Bethan, Thanks for the information on the foam alphabet sets. I'll look into the Daiso shops.
Regards, Linda

By Janine Boyd on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 10:41 pm:

I have a YAMAHA UPRIGHT PIANO to sell. I was planning to take piano lessons but never got around to it.

Our piano has been scratched by toy cars being driven on it!! and it's about 20 years old but plays nicely.

We live in Gunma Prefecture Maebashi city if you are trying to get removalist quotes (but I think pianos are costly to move, even if its only next door) Getting it on the truck is where all the cost is.
We moved it 1 km 4 yrs ago when we changed houses No stairs involved, (Aussies say ground floor to ground floor, here they say 1F to 1F) and it cost Y30 000 just to move it. The distance wasnt the expensive part.

Yen 50,000

Janine

janinebbboyd@hotmail.com

By Nancy on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 9:22 pm:

Yelena, I happened to notice that someone posted an ad for a piano for sale on TNB. http://www.tokyonoticeboard.co.jp/

By yelena gluzman on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 9:09 pm:

Seeking a PIANO. I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has an upright (not necessarily in great condition, as long as all the keys work) I'd be really interested in buying it. Thanks, Yelena

By Bethan Hutton on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 3:02 pm:

To Linda re foam alphabets:

I was in a large branch of Daiso Y100 Plaza (Kinshicho) the other day, and they had sets of lower case alphabets, as well as upper case, numbers etc, so if you have a large branch of Daiso nearby, it's worth trying there.

By Linda Gondo on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 12:27 am:

I am looking for a foam alphabet set that sticks onto the tiles in the bathroom when you wet them. Must be lower case. Does anyone have one they want to sell?

Regards,

Linda

By Geraldine on Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 4:33 pm:

Wanted!
A jogging stroller (3 wheels /all-terrain buggy). Does anyone have one for sale? Can pay up to 5.000 yens. I will need it before 26th of April and I can pick up anywhere in Tokyo/Saitama or Kanagawa.

By Moemi & Ririka on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 2:21 pm:

To: kris1225@docomo.ne.jp
who sent me an e-mail about the topeak babysitter.

I was trying to contact you with the above e-mail adress but it is bouncing back. Could you give me another e-mail adress or contact number. Thanks.

Priscila Akahori

By Bethan Hutton on Tuesday, February 8, 2005 - 9:19 pm:

For Priscila: here is the English language website for the Children's Castle, which should have all the information you need:

http://www.kodomono-shiro.or.jp/english/index.html

By Mary Tokuhara on Tuesday, February 8, 2005 - 6:09 pm:

Rice-cooker needed!
Does anyone have a rice-cooker that I can beg, or take off your hands, a second-hand one would be fine. Mine just broke down yesterday, and I am stuck with a 2-month old baby and it's freezing outside, not a time to go shopping. My mobile mail is maryxthao@ezweb.ne.jp
I'll pay for the delivery charge of course. I live in Edogawa-ward near the Kasai area. Please do help a must cook-rice-everyday-or-else young mother. Thanks,
Mary.

By Moemi & Ririka on Tuesday, February 8, 2005 - 9:05 am:

I would like to know some information about the National Children's Castle. contact number, website etc.Thanks

Priscila

By Moemi & Ririka on Tuesday, February 8, 2005 - 8:36 am:

Hi,

Im looking for a Topeak Babysitter (child bike seat). Any information would be greatly appreciated .

Priscila

By Jpnally on Monday, February 7, 2005 - 11:55 am:

Looking for a Bob the Builder costume. If you have one you'd like to get rid of, please urgently let me know!
Thanks,
Ally in Takanawa, Tokyo

By Linda Gondo on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 4:45 pm:

I am looking for any of the storybooks in the "Superphonics" series by Ruth Miskin. Also flashcards and any unused activity books. Does anyone have any they would like to sell?

Linda Gondo

By Estelle on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 8:46 pm:

Hello,

I am looking for a Changing Table but cannot find it in Japan. I would like to have one new or old.
Thanks a lot,
Estelle

By Liat Friedman on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 3:01 pm:

Hi,

I'm looking for used "Japanese for Busy People II" CDs (there should be 3 in a set, 200 min. long). If anyone has a set to give or to sell for a resonable price or knows where I can buy one please let me know, as the new ones are too expensive.

Many thanks

Liat

By Letitia Verschoore on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 12:59 am:

2nd hand Laptop computer wanted. Pls note the e-mail address should be pucencook@hotmail.com

Sorry for the mistake earlier.

By Letitia Verschoore on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 12:57 am:

Looking for 2nd hand good condition Laptop computer with english OS and either ME2000 or Window XP programme.
If you are planning to sell yrs inorder to get a new one, pls contact us via our e-mail address pucecook@hotmail.com and state yr price. Also, pls stated "2nd hand Laptop" in the mail subject.
Thanks

By Val on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 11:57 pm:

Hi,

I'm looking for a ride on toy with
wheels for my little 1 and half year
old boy, something like a car, truck,
scooter or a motorcycle.

Thank you.

By patricia shimbo on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 10:42 am:

hi my name is patricia.
i am looking for a baby weighing scale for my newborn. if you have one to give away, please contact me at patshimbo@s6.dion.ne.jp. i will arrange the pickup myself (if you are in the Chiba Pref), or i will pay for the delivery cost. thank you.

By Al on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 10:40 pm:

Car seat wanted,
We don't have a car but do take taxis often. We need a car seat that can buckle in quickly to a taxi and one that has a carrying handle as our boy (now 8.5 kgs) is quickly outgrowing the one we have. If anyone knows of where to pick one up please let us know. One that also fit into a stroller would be great. Of course they're available new but 20,000 is a little more than we'd like to pay right now. Thanks all.

By Geraldine on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 3:20 pm:

Hi!
I am planning a trip to Vietnam with my 18 month old baby girl during Golden week. I am looking for an extra light travel cot similar to the one which can been seen at https://secure.intellihost.co.nz/philandteds.com/framesettraveller.htm
(only 2,5 kgs!).
Anybody has something similar for sale? I am also looking for a stroller convertible to backpack.
Thank you

By taylin taylor on Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 1:38 pm:

Potty please!

The potties in dept. stores are over 4000 yen!

If you have one to give away or sell, please let me know.

Thanks!

By Leslie Fielding on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 6:44 am:

PLEASE HELP ME FIND UDA SAN! I am trying to locate a woman who was a second mother to me when my family lived in Tokyo-- approx. mid 1969- 1972. All my parents can recall is her name, which is Uda San, and that she came to us from Tokyo Domestic. We,the Fielding family lived in Azabu Heights apt 707 (don't know anything more about our address.) My school age brothers, Michael and Mark, attended the American School, and I, Leslie, was a toddler(born in 1968.) In 1971 My parents adopted a Korean baby named Seung-hi, then aged three.
We were blessed with Takahashi san, who drove the boys to school every day(plus much more) and I remember Toshiko san and Kako san took care of us kids
I am desperate to find Uda San, though. She and I were close. I have never been able to thank her for loving me and taking such wonderful care of me.
I hope any of this information rings a bell for someone.
Thank you for reading!

By Robin Lancien on Thursday, January 6, 2005 - 8:00 pm:

I am searching for an american style bed frame. It needs to be the full/twin size steel style that has a place for a head board. Does anyone know where to find one?

Thanks,
Robin
robpat@tkc.att.ne.jp

By sunshine on Tuesday, January 4, 2005 - 10:08 am:

Dear Friends,

This is the srilankan biggest org which collects things to affected areas in srilanka. They have already donated loads of things in huge trucks and containers with the help of srilankan volunteers and things from un affected areas pls check the links and try to donate at least a bottle of water ....
( quite of lot of ppl are dieing of contaminated water)
To know more news about the tragedy of srilanka check this news room.

http://www.infolanka.com/news/

These are main organization which collects everything such as tin foods ,clothes,medicine,water etc...but u can directly call them and find out more information how to send these.(I am a srilankan if anyone needs more information don't hesitate to mail me .(ssfmrs@hotmail.com)

http://www.sirasa.com/
http://www.shakthifm.com/
http://www.yesfmonline.com/
http://www.me.lk/route.asp

Thank you

By Yuko Kubota on Tuesday, January 4, 2005 - 12:12 am:

I hope all friends and family of Forum members are safe from the recent tsunami disaster.

Cathy, probably the best place to start asking is your local post office, or your local ward office (kuyakusho) or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.mofa.go.jp/index.html).

Also, from a quick internet check, I found a reliable-looking Japanese website that lists several NGO's that accept money donation for the recent tsunami disaster.
http://www.janic-ngoarena.org/search/area/sumatera/sumatera.html (JCCP)

I'm afraid I don't have time to translate the whole site, but I've picked up the English versions of each group's website, so perhaps you can inquire by yourself to see if they look reliable to you and to see if they accept non-cash donation.
http://webclub.kcom.ne.jp/ma/jenhq/english/index-e.html
http://www.peace-winds.org/en/index.html
http://www.jca.apc.org/baj/BAJ%82%86actsheet-2.htm
http://www.aarjapan.gr.jp/english/index.html
http://www.shaplaneer.org/english_site/index.html
http://www.carejapan.org/index.htm
http://www.jca.apc.org/sva/english/index.html
http://www.jccp.gr.jp/eng/index.htm

By Jpnally on Monday, January 3, 2005 - 6:46 pm:

I have been told that Sri Lanka Air is accepting used clothing to fly over to stricken areas. They might accept other items too, but best to call them.
Hope that helps a little.

By Cathy Edwards on Monday, January 3, 2005 - 5:41 pm:

TSUNAMI RELIEF

Does anybody know of an organisation in Tokyo that is accepting donations of used clothing, tinned food, small household items etc to send to Tsunami effected areas?

Any help would be appreciated.

By Tara on Sunday, January 2, 2005 - 2:13 pm:

LAcNet (Lanka Academic Network) is organizing an effort to detect coliform bacteria in wells and outhouses in the wake of the recent devastating tsunami. LAcNet will also train a group of students from University of Colombo to visit villages frequently and test wells and toilets for coliform bacteria.

We are checking ways to ship coliform field test kits from the USA, the UK or any other country. These are kits, similar to litmus test kits, can be taken to villages by volunteers to test for coliform bacteria.

IF ANYONE READING KNOWS THIS FIELD AND KNOWS A WAY TO PURCHASE THESE TEST KITS IN BULK, please contact us immediately at the following email address:
team[at]lacnet.org
(replace [at] with @ sign, this is to prevent SPAMMERS from grabbing this email address).
More information at: www.lacnet.org/ and
www.theacademic.org/tsunami/
www.theacademic.org/tsunami/Well/.