Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Wanted

Japan With Kids - Forums: Classifieds: Wanted
If you are a business, or a company please contact
jwk.forums.support[at]gmail.com for terms and instructions.

By Gabacho82 on Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 10:50 am:

šVIOLIN LESSONš
Hi all! My name is Yoko, an active freelance chamber and orchestral violinist, studied at the Royal Conservatory in Den Haag, the Netherlands String Quartet Academy and the Rotterdam Conservatory.
Are you looking for a violin teacher in Tokyo area?
I teach both kids and adults, my way of teaching can be adjusted to anyones needs!

I speak Japanese/English/Dutch(basic).
Please contact me if your are interested or if you have any questions.
yoko.violinlesson@gmail.com

By Keithjarrett on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 2:31 pm:

PRIVATE PIANO LESSONS (SHIBUYA)

Hello!
My name is Phil!
I am a pianist from Moscow(Russia)
Currently living in Tokyo (Artist VISA)
Moscow Conservatory Graduate!
I'm seeking for Private Students (all ages)
Classic music, Pop, Jazz, all styles!
My recordings: http://www.chirbit.com/philgerus
Please contact me via phone (080 4935 3616)
Or e-mail: philgerus@gmail.com

By Keithjarrett on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 2:29 pm:

PRIVATE PIANO LESSONS (SHIBUYA)

Hello!
My name is Phil!
I am a pianist from Moscow(Russia)
Currently living in Tokyo (Artist VISA)
Moscow Conservatory Graduate!
I'm seeking for Private Students (all ages)
Classic music, Pop, Jazz, all styles!
My recordings: http://www.chirbit.com/philgerus
Please contact me via phone (080 4935 3616)
Or e-mail: philters@gmail.com

By Anaregina on Thursday, September 5, 2013 - 11:17 am:

FILIPINA NANNY, CAREGIVER, HOUSEHELP all in 1
Available ASAP Full/Part-time,Short/Long-term
24 years old, energetic but gentle, efficient and hardworking,
Honest and trustworthy (with credible references)
With caregiving, childcare and first-aid training, excellent in
spoken and written English and can teach English to children.
Please txt or call 08041151385. or emiai me at garls22@yahoo.com

By Alisa on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 12:25 pm:

Hello!! I need native english speaking teacher for kids!! can u help me?

By Phseok on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 3:33 pm:

Hello.
I am orginally from America and am
American/Japanese. I can speak English and Japanese. No problem. I am currently working at a daycare/babysitting center in Nakano and have 4 years childcare experience.
I am looking for a new job due that I am planning to
quit my current job as soon as I find a family to
work for. I will be able to watch toddler/infants from ages
0 to 4 years of age. I live in Tokyo, Suginami-ku
and don't mind to travel. I can also watch them at my place
if you'd prefer. I have 2 strollers, lots of diapers and child toys due that I used to babysit my cousins kids a lot.
I will have outdoor activities (if not rainy) play time, English time, nap time, snack time, breakfast, lunch, and diner (for those who stay late), in my schedule. I also will have a notebook to write everything your child has done in a day so you can read and know everything we have done.

If you are interested you can contact me at,

phseok2013@gmail.com

By Koo8719 on Monday, October 1, 2012 - 7:30 pm:

Hi,
my name is Kosuke and I'm looking for a piano teacher who could give practical lessons in English to my 4 years son. He just starts to play the piano.

We live in Aoba-ku, Yokohama.
If you know good candidates, please share with your kind and contact me at;
koo8719@gmail.ne.jp

By Orchids on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 6:52 pm:

Child Bike Trailer that can be connected to bicycles. Please let me know if you have one.

Thanks and regards
blossom_orchids@yahoo.co.jp

By Rainerito on Friday, June 6, 2008 - 12:26 pm:

I am looking for childrens or families to increse my photographic portfolio.If interest please feel free to contact me
www.davidphoto.info

By Paulaf on Monday, June 2, 2008 - 4:32 pm:

Wanted: Newborn size pocket cloth diapers.
Accidently gave away my Fuzzibunz last year and am now expecting another baby so am needing some more.

Paula in Ichikawa, Chiba

By Pallas on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 6:21 pm:

Can you help? Our friends are coming to visit us with their three-year-old twins for two weeks at the end of June.

I am looking to borrow or buy cheaply one or two lightweight pushchairs (strollers). The children weigh about 14 kg.

If you're going on holiday at that time and can lend me your pushchair(s), or if you're leaving Japan before 21 June and can sell yours cheaply, please let me know. Any tips on where else I can ask would also be welcome.

Many thanks.

By Sandy on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 2:47 pm:

http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/151/788.html
Hi Gloria, there are some recommendations at the above discussion on "Piano". Did you see it?

Also I finally remembered the Japanese word for C.O.D. (see my post below). It's daibiki.

By Kan on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 2:08 pm:

Hi! I'm looking for free or cheap books in the Oxford Reading Tree series (any level). Does anyone have any available?
Thanks
Kan

By Gloriatorrijos on Thursday, May 8, 2008 - 1:17 pm:

I am looking for a female teacher of keyboard for my 9 years old son to come to our place one hour a week in Meguro, Tokyo. He plays violin with the Suzuki Method (but can read notes!) and has got recently as a present a big Yahama keyboard.

Interested contact me under
torrijosgloria yahoo es

By Sandy on Tuesday, April 8, 2008 - 11:18 am:

Reversing the shipping charge is not really C.O.D (cash on delivery).
Anyway, in Japanese it is called "chakubarai" and there is a 20 yen charge on top of the postage fee, for the person receiving. Books/printed matter can be mailed "chakubarai". The other type of package that can be mailed "chakubarai" from the Japan Post is You-pak or Yu-pak (sp?). All of the takyubin companies also do "chakubarai"

By Karinehughes on Monday, April 7, 2008 - 7:43 am:

Good morning,

I am exepcting twins for mid May. I am looking for nurseries with reasonnable costs that will allow to dropp off the kids for a few hours to handle administrative papers. I am living between Kamiyachô station and Roppongi Itchome.

Thanks for your advice,

Karine

By Drdo1 on Sunday, April 6, 2008 - 1:21 am:

Newmum:
Sent an email to your box.
Can send books to you, no charge as I said, except to cover postage. Not sure how I do that here in Japan. Never had to do C.O.D. before. Do you know?

Thanks.
drdo

By Newmum on Saturday, April 5, 2008 - 6:14 pm:

Hi there Drdo1 !
thanks for responding about my post. I am very interested because its so hard to find an English children's books here or children cds/music. Plus,they are very expensive.
Are you going to give it to me for free or do i have to pay for it ? what kind of books or children's music do you have ? I am also searching for Sesame Street Dvds because i grew up watching Sesame St. when i was a child. Im not sure if you have them and if its compatible to the dvd player here in japan.
thanks and hope to hear from you. If its ok i would like you to ship it to me because i wont be able to go to Tokyo. I am having a very sensitive pregnancy,bleeding and all.. so i have to be on rest.
pls. let me know.

P.s. i send you a response to your email ad but i never receive any response so i am posting it here.

By Regine on Saturday, April 5, 2008 - 12:54 pm:

Babysitter/housekeeper available Iam filipina with valid visa.Looking for part time job (monday to friday)AFTER 600 pm and whole day of saturday and sunday.I am honest ,reliable and trustworthy.Reference available.Please call me on my mobile .LOIDA 080 3504 1354 OR 03 5423 3870

By Drdo1 on Thursday, April 3, 2008 - 7:03 pm:

Dear Newmum:
Congrats on your pregnancy. We came here from the US when our child had just turned 2, and she is now 5, so we have so many books that you may have. We live in Funabashi, Chiba but I work in Tokyo, so we could meet where-ever. Or better yet, I could box them up for you and you could pay postage, if you're interested. Let me know what you'd like.

By Newmum on Thursday, April 3, 2008 - 4:33 pm:

Hi ! I am currently pregnant at the moment and will be due on May. I am searching for lullaby music (CDs) and children's books...preferably English.
If you have any giveaways, i would gladly appreciate it. thanks.

By Sandjen200 on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 9:32 am:

I'm looking for a Japanese mother of a special needs child to interview. I am taking a class called "Women in other cultures" it's an anthropology class. This paper will not be published and I only speak English. I am special needs mother myself and I would like to know how your culture and family have helped you to cope with the challenges of raising such a child. If you are interested please email me at sandjen200@gmail.com
Thanks, Jennifer

By Tramar63 on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:19 pm:

I am looking to buy a used bike in good condition. Must be suitable for a teenage boy who is 6ft tall. Unfortunately, his own fairly new bike is beyond repair and we don't want to buy him another new one at this point.

No shopping bikes - only street or mountain bikes are wanted. Can pick up Tokyo - Yokohama area only.

By Christineyik on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 5:44 pm:

I am still looking for a used garden table & chairs set that could sit 4 or more people. Plastic or wood is fine. Please email me with pictures.
Thank you.

By Sandra on Friday, January 18, 2008 - 6:14 pm:

Im looking a second hand skiclothes for children size 95-100 cm and 110-120cm. my boy is 3yrs old and daughter is 5 yrs. old, I dont mind if its old they will just used for one time on February.Please call! 090-1762 6644

By Gloriatorrijos on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 11:51 am:

I am looking for a japanese lady native speaker and with the degree to teach her own language.

I would need her to come to my place (Meguro) to teach 1 hour once a week japanese to my child (9 years old), who has already had 4 years of private tuition at home.

I would prefer somebody who speaks also english or french (just a little is enough).

Please contact me at
torrijosgloria yahoo.es

By Mao on Saturday, January 5, 2008 - 10:00 am:

Wanted:

Urgent: Baby Pram

I am looking for a baby pram from for my 2.5 year old daughter. I am in Tokyo, I can pick up. Thanks

By Ace_slade on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 7:25 pm:

Hi, I'm looking for a baby car seat that suitables for 1 year old onward. If anybody got one in good condition for sale, kindly email your picture & price to me at ace_slade@yahoo.com.sg. Thank you..

By Canadymiho on Saturday, December 8, 2007 - 9:04 am:

Looking for an english or French speaking (native speaker) lady who can babysit my children. If you`re interested, please contact for my E-mail.
Thank you.

By Ayesha on Saturday, December 1, 2007 - 9:44 am:

hi,
(part time job wanted)
iam looking for part time job from 9am to 2 pm from tuesday to saturday)near or in saszuka or minamie die, bw these timings i can baby sit ur kid at my place( ihave my own kids so can be really motherly with ur kids) or any job i speak basic japnese and fluent english or any job bw these timings plz mail me at
ayesha_alam63@yahoo.com

By Kayne on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 4:55 pm:

WANTED TO BUY: STROLLER
Looking for a stroller suitable for infants and toddlers with an extendable handle and back wheels that are not close together. It is wanted to be used by a tall male. Please contact Kayne at: kaynegerrand@hotmail.com. Pictures appreciated.

By Jeshly on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 5:15 pm:

Hello ! my name is Jeshly.I am looking for a part time or for full time job as a nanny or house keeping.I speak english fluently, I have a valid working visa.Right now I live in Tokyo.I have experience with children,I worked as a nanny. please contact me at 080-5031-4972 (in the evenings).for references available call Cristea Monica 080-3462-8315.

Best regards,
Perly.

By Philchlee on Monday, November 5, 2007 - 10:08 pm:

Looking for

1. a mama 3 way coat.

A coat that keeps mum and baby warm. pictures here. if you have something like this, email me and i can pick up at central tokyo - preferably in clean and good condition.

http://tokyo.craigslist.org/wan/468515760.html

2. my wife also wants an aroma puffer/freshener. put aroma oil into a platter inside this puffer and it emits the nice aroma scent as it warms it - like a humidifier. but it has to be exactly like this one here.

http://tokyo.craigslist.org/wan/456950307.html

Can source it from the internet. but if you have it and is in good condition and you no longer need it, i can pick it up from you and pay a reasonable amount. Cheers.

By Tokyomom2005 on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 10:06 am:

Hi,

Looking for a reliable babysitter/helper. All five days a week (Mon-Fri) 3-6 pm. Fluent in English, great with children. ( possible sponsership, live-out position)

Please contact:090-2428-4457

By Lorigmnp on Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 10:59 am:

Childcare needed in ZAMA

I am in need of someone to either watch my children at my home or yours( depending on the distance) , preferrably someone that has children so that my kids will have someone to interact with. My son is 4 and daughter is 7 and I am looking for someone a couple of hrs a day and / or someone with a flex schedule.
If you are interested in the position or know of anyone pleae reply by email.

By Kellyb on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 10:35 pm:

I am looking for a cheap 2nd hand DVD player. Has anyone got a spare one hanging around who lives around the Shinjuku area? Email Kelly on kellyboaretto@hotmail.com. Thanks.

By Tokyomom2005 on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 9:17 am:

Looking for a reliable babysitter/helper. All five days a week (Mon-Fri) 3-6 pm. Fluent in English, great with children.

Please contact:090-2428-4457

By Mjt on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 9:13 pm:

Hi.I am looking for a front loading washer/dryer. If anybody has one please email me. Thanks.

By Christineyik on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 9:45 pm:

I am looking for a used garden table & chairs set that could sit 4 or more people. Plastic or wood is fine. Please email me with pictures.
Thank you.

By U_learn on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 1:09 pm:

Looking for a reliable baby-sitter/cleaner/pet-sitter? Available everyday from 7am-noon/7PM onwards with valid working visa, Tokyo area. Fluent in English, great with children, teaching private ESL/TOEFL.

By Bruno on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 11:41 pm:

Hi,
I am looking for a woman to take care of my wife (woman - 33 years old immobilized in bed after hospitalisation) during a period of 2 weeks starting probably mid-november. Starting hour in the morning (around 9h00 up to 19h00 for 5 days a week, monday to friday). Our location is Waseda on Tozai line.
Please contact me at bruno_escude@hotmail.com or 03-5272-8233 if you are interested or if you know someone interested by this proposal.
Best regards,
Bruno

By Lenemaia on Wednesday, October 3, 2007 - 3:38 pm:

Hi,
My daughter is almost 9 months old and meassures 72 cm...
I am looking for a swim suit for her.
Anyone out there having a girls swimsuit for sale?

Best regards,
Lene
(Yokohama)

By Mjt on Wednesday, October 3, 2007 - 12:23 pm:

Hi. I am looking for a jogging stroller. Does anyone wants to sell?

By Lindagondo on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 - 9:36 am:

We are looking for a Lyons Clarinet in C, designed for children`s smaller hands. Does anyone have one they would like to sell?

Thanks Linda

By Andie on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 2:27 am:

Hai everyone
I'm from Malaysia. My name is Andie. Anybody who can inform where to get contact or traders for supply me used baby goods from Japan to Malaysia.
Thank You, Andie

By Sonja on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 4:56 pm:

Hi

Sesame street is on Animax channel at 8am in the mornings on Saturdays and 9am on Thursdays if you want to record them.

By Secondwind on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 4:41 pm:

Hi,

I'm looking around for tv episode sesame street dvd's here in japan but are priced too high(compared to the US). please contact me if you have sesame street dvd or VHS and want to sell.

I believe i have a region 2 DVD player so if you have dvd's please specify the region.

thanks

By Japanlori on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 3:26 pm:

Hello there! It is time to get my girls (ages 2 and 4) out of my bedroom and into a room they will share with each other. If anyone has any compact kids-room furniture that I could buy, please let me know. Also, if anyone knows a good place to shop for it, I would love that info too. This is going to be a hard transition, so advice is also welcome!
Kindly,
Lori

By Iwa on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:53 am:

Help!

Looking for FILIPINA who can do manicure and pedicure on a regular basis. Must really know how to do it, and must also be careful and hygienic.

Please mail with your location and service charge. And how long have you been doing it?

Thank you!

By Joannem on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:08 am:

hi i am looking for a saft banks teddy given out at this years 2007 game, i am located in canada but hae a friend who can buy from u in japan

By Philchlee on Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - 1:20 pm:

WANTED: baby sling/carrier on shoulder/waist

Anyone with babies that do not need carrying anymore and have good safe slings/carrier, do contact me. Any other baby items are welcome too. You could email me at philchlee@gmail.com

By Iwa on Thursday, August 2, 2007 - 11:43 pm:

Hi!

I am looking for a Filipina who can do manicure and pedicure on a regular basis, preferably a professional. Should very careful and hygienic. Someone staying within Ota-ku area would be convenient. Please email with your price (including transportation), location and how long you have been doing it.

Thanks!

By Momomom on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 9:36 am:

Thisi s a strange one, I know, but here goes:
We are making a short inspirational video about
the advantages and beauty of aging in Japan.

my company is looking for
JAPANESE WOMEN, 50-60yrs old, WHO ARE *ALREADY* PART OF A CLUB OR VOLUNTEER GROUP WHICH GOES TO OLD-AGE HOMES AND DOES HAIR OR MAKEUP OF THE ELDERY RESIDENTS.

THIS IS FOR A SHORT DOCUMENTARY. WE NEED 3 or 4 WOMEN. THEY WILL GET PAID TO BE INTERVIEWED ON VIDEO (about 70000yen each). THE INTERVIEWS WILL BE IN JAPANESE.
IT WILL BE FUN, RESPECTFUL, AND THEY ALSO GET A COPY OF THE VIDEO AT THE END.

IF YOU CAN FIND THESE WOMEN, YOU GET A FINDERS FEE OF 30000yen! DEADLINE WEDNESDAY (tomorrow) at 5pm!

ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT
gumshoegluzman <at> ezweb.ne.jp

DON'T FORGET, THE WOMEN MUST BE JAPANESE.

Thanks!

By Meginsapporo on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 11:13 am:

Hi!
I have 15 months old daughter and am looking for English or French speaking mothers in sapporo to form a playgroup. If you are interested, please e-mail me at megmeg@noos.fr
Thank you,
Meg

By Mag on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 12:59 pm:

Hi. I am looking for a six seater dining table. Please email me. Thank you.

By Babymum on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 4:10 pm:

Re: Wanted baby jogging stroller...thank you for your replies. I've recently purchased a baby jogging stroller, so am no longer seeking.

Babymum

By Egyptiankids on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 8:49 am:

Hello everybody,
Does any one has a uniform for K. international school.for my kids
girl 120-130
boy 150-160
also i need to know more about K. international school.
we will back to Japan on August, and they will have interance exam on this month, we are not native english but my kids thier level is good.
im afraid of this exam.
please any help.
thanks

By Babymum on Friday, July 6, 2007 - 1:49 pm:

Does anyone have a fixed 3 wheeled baby jogging stroller which they wish to sell?

If so please contact me.

Miranda just north of Tokyo

By Caroline on Wednesday, July 4, 2007 - 4:57 pm:

Looking for a piano - electronic type that doesn't take up too much space. Is anyone parting with theirs? Please let me know!

By Kankan on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 1:55 pm:

Does anyone have any books from the Oxford Reading Tree series that they want to give away or sell? If so, please contact me. (Any level in the series is okay.)

Thanks.

Kan

By Toshiko on Monday, July 2, 2007 - 4:46 pm:

Hi! I am looking for an English speaking friend in Kyoto. I am teaching English to 0-12 years old kids and their mothers. I need someone to help my lesson sometimes, especially at holiday events such as Halloween and Christmas. My class is very friendly. We enjoy English songs, dance, and crafts. It is O.K. if you took your baby/kids to study with us. I will pay some money. My place is in Uji-city. I am also planning to have lessons in Kyoto-city. Please feel free to contact to me.

By Phil on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 3:38 pm:

Prenatal Exercise/Classes
-------------------------
Any expecting mothers who are looking for prenatal classes in June/July/August? I am looking to form a group as well as discuss how we can start some classes together. So far, I have no resource in mind.

If you are not pregnant but know of good classes in Shinjuku-ku, Minato-ku area, please also recommend them by emailing me at philchlee[at]bgmail.com

If you are not an expert but wish to volunteer to help a group of expecting mothers, feel free to email as well. And of course, any expecting mothers, please email me so we can form a fun group and make friends and learn from one another.

By Cornelia on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 - 7:04 pm:

Does anyone have piano lesson books left over from when their kids started piano? I'm looking for the series by Gakken? My daughter started a couple of months ago and she's flying through the series... Please email me privately if you can part with some. I'm happy to pay.

By Stephanie Martin on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 6:17 pm:

Hello all,

I'm looking for either a cheap apartment to sublet while some kind soul is out of Tokyo, or I can house sit your place while you are away.

I've lived in Japan for many years but have been back living in NZ for about 3 years now.

In September 2007 I'm coming back, but since all my friends have moved on, I no longer have somewhere to stay and can't afford a hotel for two weeks :-)

I would need somewhere for two adults and one 6 yr old girl, 21st September thru 7th October 2007.

We are happy to take somewhere really small as we will be out and about all day and just need somewhere safe and inexpensive to sleep. When I lived in Tokyo I always gave my room/apartment to others to use while I was away and I'm hoping karma will come back around and pay me back :-)

If you have anything at all, or know of someone who has a place they wont be using, I promise we will leave it in immaculate condition and treat it with utmost respect.

Please, someone try to help us out.

Kind regards,
Stephanie

s_g_martin@lycos.com

By Aileen on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 8:32 pm:

I'm looking for Fruit Baskets Volume 13 and Saiyuki Reload volume 7, used or brand new and English versions, all Mangas. If you have them please contact me thank you.

Regards,
Aileen

By Daniella Wong on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 12:45 pm:

Hi If anyone has the Ampanman DVD/Video for sale or giveaway, pls call me at 080-3416-3428 or e-mail me at wibco@yahoo.com
Thanks a bunch!

By Daniella Wong on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 12:33 pm:

Hi! I'm leaving Japan and my son loves Ampanman. Does anyone have any Ampanman DVD/Video they would like to sell or giveaway? I am very interested to take it them off your hands. Thank-you.

By Midori Morita on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 12:06 am:

I am looking for used bikes for
4 years old and 5 years old
children.I don't care how old
they are or how dirty. I live in
Kagurazaka. Thank you.

By Dan Johnston on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 9:45 pm:

I would like to buy a child-size table and chair set for my daughters. Please let me know if you have one you are willing to sell or if you know where I can get one cheaply.

By Michele Matsunaga on Sunday, July 9, 2006 - 11:17 pm:

We are looking for a 7kg or larger washing machine and a WESTERN-brand dryer. Please email with details, approximate weight and price.

By Dan Johnston on Friday, July 7, 2006 - 9:54 am:

I want to buy a child-size set of kitchen table and chairs. Does anyone wish to sell theirs or know of a place I can get one in and around Kawasaki?

By Maria Luisa Kimura on Sunday, July 2, 2006 - 3:19 pm:

hi! does anyone know where i can buy a combi i thru stroller? if anybody has gently used one, kindle let me know. thanks! (looking for that particular brand n style.)

By Geraldine H on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 12:18 pm:

2 car seats.
I am looking for the type suitable for a newborn. Please contact me with brand/model name and if possible pictures at chez_othello@hotmail.com

By Robin Lancien on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 9:41 pm:

I am looking for a CATV decoder box and a Skyperfect decodoer box so I can add visiblity to other rooms in my house. Does anyone have any for sale at a reasonalble price?
Robin
robpat[at]tkc.att.ne.jp thanks

By Geraldine H on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 11:34 am:

Double jogging stroller
A friend of mine is expecting twins in September and I would like to find her a jogging stroller. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can buy one in Tokyo?
Please contact me at chez_othello@hotmail.com
Thanks

By Traci on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 1:52 pm:

Hello,
We are looking for a small, used car. We will be living in Yokohama, but would pick up from Tokyo or other nearby area. We will be arriving in Japan July 7th. I will be available by email: tramar63@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Traci

By Lian on Friday, June 9, 2006 - 1:23 pm:

seeking PlayDen or Play yards to create an enclosed play area for fast growing babies. alal910@hotmail.com

By Clare Humphreys on Friday, June 2, 2006 - 2:04 pm:

Hi, I'm looking for a booster seat so that my toddler can sit at the table with us for meals. If anyone has one for sale, please e-mail me with a photo to jason_clare2004[at]yahoo.co.uk
Thanks.

By Rachel Torimoto on Thursday, June 1, 2006 - 12:47 pm:

Searching for used, in pretty good playable condition, Anpanman toys. If you have an overflow or are preparing to clean out your toy chests of older children, now is your chance!

Please contact me at rtorimoto[AT]gmail.com (due to travel I am unable to purchase anything after June 14)

By Yoshiko on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 11:17 pm:

I am looking for Seisen international school uniform for my son, size 110-120.
Please send me an e-mail if you have one. Thanks.

By Caroline A. on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 9:15 am:

I AM LOOKING FOR AN URBAN JUNGLE DOUBLE / TWIN STROLLER.
Please send me an e-mail if you have one that you would like to sell. Thank you in advance.
ca.acc[at]cbs.dk

By Marie Kawachi on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 3:45 pm:

Hi, Does anyone has a rain cover for stroller to sell? I am using an umbrella type stroller of Aprica. Thank you.

By doremi on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 1:33 am:

I would like a used bike for 3-year-old girl. The smaller, the better since she is little for her age. I could pick it up in Minato-ku area. thank you

By a2002 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 12:20 pm:

We are looking for some furniture items for our new home, listed below.
1) shoe rack
2) blue sofa (2 seating is what we are looking)
3) wooden rack with glass doors on top (possibly three partitions)
4) computer stand with ample space possibly two layered so that we could keep our printer and phone together.
5) A 1x1 m table with two chairs for our kids to be used as study table.
We live in Naka-ku (Yokohama). Please reply to my email id if you have these items with the necessary details like location... and picture.
Thankyou, a2002

By Patricia T. on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 2:34 pm:

I am looking for a chair-table set for a toddler and a bicycle which can be ridden already by a 18-month-old child.
Please e-mail me at pfthoule@yahoo.com. Thank you

By Vandana Anand on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 1:20 pm:

i m looking for a second hand stroller for my 7 months old kid.would b grateful if anyone can give it free. can collect from the place.would b nice if anyone could help urgently,thanks

By Catherine Wan on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - 3:42 pm:

Can anyone recommend a good baby front/ back carrier that distributes the weight of the baby across your back/shoulders/ waist? I have a 3 way convertable Combi one, which was great when my baby was tiny. Now I'm using it in the 'upright' position I am finding that after a few minutes it is very uncomfortable on the shoulders.
Any recommendations welcome plus if anyone has s good one to sell, I would be interested in buying it.

By Rachel Torimoto on Monday, May 8, 2006 - 6:00 pm:

Are you ready to clean out your toy chests?

I'm searching for a few wooden toys for my son. We are here temporarily for six more weeks, and am interested in purchasing a few well-loved items (wooden blocks, play food, rolling toys, stacking toys, cars/trains, etc.). Japanese toys are a plus, especially teaching toys. But I'm not picky!

Thank you in advance.

-Rachel
rtorimoto[AT]gmail.com

By Maria Henriques on Friday, May 5, 2006 - 7:19 pm:

Hi I'm looking for umbrella stroller for my 1 yr. old daughter.I have combi stroller 1 yr. old, good condition but too small for her .and willing to give it away If I find what I'm looking for.

By Rachel Torimoto on Friday, May 5, 2006 - 11:11 am:

I am searching for a second-hand stroller to buy (or rent). If rented the length of time would be 5-6 weeks. I need to be able to carry it up and down the steps to the subway stations, otherwise I am not picky on the type of stroller. My son is 2 1/2 and weighs 14kg.

If you have a stroller sitting around collecting dust, now you can earn a little cash on it!

Thank you!
-Rachel
rtorimoto[at]gmail.com

By Selva Sathish on Wednesday, May 3, 2006 - 10:36 pm:

Hi,
I am in Tokyo for a temporary visit (2 months) and i am looking out for a baby stroller for my 2 yr old daughter for use here for the timebeing.
May I please know if I can have a less-costly or a sparingly used stroller to take my baby for evening walk or outing here?
Thanks.

By Rachel Torimoto on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 11:54 am:

We would like to Buy or Rent a used stroller (for a 2 1/2 year old who weighs 14kg). I've looked into the rental agencies but to rent one for 6 weeks will cost more than buying.

Willing to meet you, or come to your area, in the Tokyo area. We are in Nishi-Shinjuku.

Or, are there stores in Tokyo that sell used baby items, including strollers? I do a lot of shopping at thrift and consignment stores in the US.
Thank you! Rachel <rtorimoto[AT]gmail[DOT]com>

By Catherine Wan on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 3:56 pm:

Refresher Driving Lessons
I'm looking for a way to refresh my primitive driving skills on a casual basis for a few weeks every year.
I learned to drive at Koyama Driving School last summer. Although I never intended to own a car in Tokyo, with a baby well on the way, I decided holidays would be a lot easier not having to rely on public transport. Despite having the spatial awareness of a deaf bat (especially when it comes to parking), they passed me and I obtained a Japanese licence. Before I left the school, I asked if further casual lessons were available, only to be told that the only way was to do a full 'paper drivers' course. For a while, I took matters into my own hands and rented a car every Sunday morning to tootle around Tokyo. I was finally starting to feel more confident on the roads, but gave this up once my pregnancy became full term. Now I'm planning a trip to the UK and would feel much happier driving my family around if I could brush up on my skills before I go. I can think of 3 possible ways to to this:
1) Find a driving school that does casual lessons
2) Find an experienced driver with their own fully insured car who would be willing to give me some lessons (I am willing to pay the going rate, which is 4000 something an hour)
3) Find an experienced driver who would like the free use of a car in return for some coaching (ie I pay for 12 hours car hire, they take me out for 2 of those hours.)
If anyone has any suggestions on the above, please let me know. Azabu/ Hiroo area would be best for me. Japanese is OK.

By Jellund on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 3:37 pm:

Looking for an umbrella stroller for my 2 year old son who is too heavy for his current one! Something strong, if someone could recommend one or send a photo if you have one to sell, thanks so much

By Aileen on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 12:00 pm:

hi, im looking for some S.S. Van Dine books particularly these titles:
greene murder case
gracie allen murder case
dragon murder case
bishop murder case
kidnap murder case
scarab murder case
paperbacks would suffice, thanks

By Eszter L on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 12:14 pm:

Hello, I'm looking for a changing table new or used. I'm also looking for a used baby stroller preferably usable from birth or from 2-3month, with 3 wheels & should be light.
Thank you, Eszter

By Cornelia on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 1:43 pm:

We are collecting train cards (at the moment mostly for Japan). We'd like to have contact with someone in another city, for example Osaka, so that we can trade via mail. And of course we'd love to trade with other people in Tokyo as well! Please email me at ckurz[at]tokyowithkids.com (Galatea and Cornelia) if you are interested.

By Robin Lancien on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 11:02 am:

Hi, I am looking for someone to translate my daughter's Japanese nursery school notebooks into English. There are three small notebooks, and it's mostly written in hiragana.

If someone is interested in this, please contact me so we can discuss it more.
Thanks, Robin

By Sari H. Krassin on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 6:46 pm:

Hi I want to buy a used Baby Eientstien world of animals DVD in Japanese.

By Cathy on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 8:48 am:

Hi! I am looking for a winter/spring clothes for my 1yr. old girl which your child has outgrown now. My baby just arrived here that's why she really needs it. I live in Shirogane area(near National Azabu). You can mail me at cathy_0913[at]yahoo.com THANKS!

By Cathy on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 3:32 pm:

Hi! I am looking for a free winter/spring clothes for my 1yr. baby girl. We just arrived here so she really needs it. I live in Shirogane area (near National Azabu). Thanks!

By Kanya Hattayanont on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 9:49 am:

Hi my name is Kanya. I'm looking for a 2-level-bed, in children size, (not longer than 175 cm.). Our new apartment is very small. We just moved to Tokyo last month and still don't know much about the place. I went to furniture shops, but seems like they have only in adult size. Does anyone know, please let me know? Or anyone have the item for sale?
Thank you. Pls email: nokkybabe@sanook.com

By JKrohmer on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 7:31 pm:

Hello Chika,
I have "Super Baby Food", how can I contact you directly?
Julia

By Chika on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 1:26 pm:

hi! im looking for the following books, well loved, repaired etc okay, pref with no missing pages...any edition ok.. ive asked a few used books stores around tokyo and they dont have them...of course id love it if they were free...can pay for shipping chakubarai...please contact me and we can haggle if you are keen to sell... planetchikajp(at)yahoo.co.jp

Flatbreads & Flavors (Hardcover)
by Jeffrey Alford, Naomi Duguid
Publisher: Morrow Cookbooks; 1st edition (March 20, 1995)
ISBN: 0688114113

Super Baby Food (Paperback)
by Ruth Yaron
Publisher: F. J. Roberts Publishing Company; 2nd edition (June 1, 1998)
ISBN: 0965260313

Toilet learning: The picture book technique for children and parents (Hardcover)
by Alison Mack
Publisher: Little, Brown; 1st ed edition (January 1, 1978)
ISBN: 0316542334

PETER SPIER'S RAIN (Hardcover)
by Peter Spier
Publisher: Doubleday Books for Young Readers; 1st ed edition (March 9, 1982)
ISBN: 0385154844

Barbapapa (Hardcover)
by Annette Tison, Tilus Taylor
Publisher: Les Livres du Dragon d'or (January 15, 2003)
ISBN: 2878812301

Barbapapa's Voyage
by Annette Tison, Tilus Taylor

Draw Me a Star (Hardcover)
by Eric Carle
Publisher: Philomel (September 16, 1992)
ISBN: 0399218777

By Wendy Jonas Imura on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:14 pm:

Searching for a gently used Evenflo Exersaucer, or other brand, for use for our six-month old son. Will pay up to Y3000 plus shipping. Will need photo before purchase confirmed. Alternately, will "rent" your exersaucer for a few months if you are saving it for another child! Will pay shipping for this too, of course. Please contact wkjonas[at]hotmail.com if you have
an exersaucer we can use!
Cheers, and thanks! Wendy (at) wanting to buy new for something likely to only be used for a few months.

By Myra P.Ohara on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 9:25 am:

I'm looking for Personal Finance and Stocks for dumnmies books. Please email me if you can help at: sakuramochan[at]yahoo.com. Thanks a lot!

By Charmaine Minami on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 10:32 am:

LEGO DUPLO RAIL piece wanted!
Please, pretty please. Does anyone have ONE curved piece of the black DUPLO rail? We just need the one piece to complete a circuit, and it's driving us all crazy!
Please contact: kcminami[at]home.email.ne.jp Thanks!

By Angela Turzynski-Azimi on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 12:39 pm:

I'm looking for the following Eric Carle books. They must be in reasonable condition and preferably in large format:

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
From Head to Toe
Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?

Does anyone have copies of any or all of these they wish to sell? I need them by the end of March. Thanks.

By Anthony Torbert on Thursday, March 9, 2006 - 2:15 pm:

We're looking to expand our Brio/Thomas wooden train set (rails and accessories) for our 2 & 5 year olds.

Anyone interested in making some room now that there kids have outgrown playing with trains?
Thanks.

By jennifer haloa on Wednesday, March 8, 2006 - 4:49 pm:

jeni here! i am currently looking for some baby stuffs. my 2nd baby is coming out this july. my hub is not earning that much so were always on a tight budget...if you also have a stroller to give away it would be a great help for me coz the tires of the stroller that im using now with my 1 year old daughter is in real bad condition.
you can e-mail me at aeisha_rianne@yahoo.com or o7o.jepay@yahoo.com
thanks and God Bless!

By Linda Gondo on Monday, March 6, 2006 - 10:49 am:

Looking for Suzuki Piano Cd Book 1. Must be Kateoka playing (not William Aide). Does anyone have one they want to sell?

Thanks,

Linda

By Tyng Battista on Saturday, March 4, 2006 - 6:12 pm:

Hi,

Does anyone have one of this Triple Play Sit 'n Stroll 4001 Stroller, that you can loan me or sell cheap ?
I am leaving for London with a 1 year old and will be hiring a car, but don't want to carry my bulky stroller and a car seat...hence this carseat stroller will come in extremely handy.

Appreciate any help I can get.

many thanks,
Tyng

By Hanisah Ogawa on Wednesday, March 1, 2006 - 3:14 pm:

Jelly Beans International School in Yokohama is looking for English speaker as a teacher for mix cultural kids(either mother or father is foreigner).
http://jellybeans_yokohama.kuronowish.com/ (in japanese)
If you are interested and want to know further information, please mail to
jellybeans_yokohama@kuronowish.com or kallonn[at]infoseek.jp

By Richard Jonathan on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 8:24 pm:

Hello,
My name is Jonathan. I am a french man of 24 years old.
I live actualy in Tokyo with a Working Holiday Visa.
I started it one week ago and of course i am looking for a job in Japan.
I had experience with kids.
I did many summer and winter vacations in france with kids under 12.
I worked in a school in my country too.
I love childen and i one of my dream is find a job in a pre school in Japan.
I can speak English or French. I can't speak like a Japanese native speaker but i can understand many things and i can speak with japanese's kids i am sure.
I learn everyday with my friend the japanese language and i want to progress in it.
I am motive and i want to work hard with you during my life in Japan and progress in my own life.
If you think my profile could interest your school,we can met together or i can send my resume.
My phone number is : 080-3502-7474, my skymail adress is: Jonasansan@t.vodafone.ne.jp and my computer adress : Richard_jonathan@hotmail.fr
If you are not interested, sorry for my long mail and thanks a lot for read it.
Jonathan

By Jellund on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 7:46 pm:

I just got an email from my friend who writes articles for Happy Mama magazine, she is URGENTLY in need of someone to help on a photo shoot due to a last minute cancellation.
* She is looking for a mom & child pair (non-Japanese) who can come out for a photo shoot this Sunday, 04 March 11:00 AM at Okurayama (Toyoko line).
* Activities for the kids will be dying washi paper and making paper clay chopstick holders to create a Japanese theme table setting in an art studio. All materials will
be provided.

Please email me with your details, country, age of child, if you are interested and I will pass them on

By Linda Gondo on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 7:34 pm:

Does anyone have any videos of Japanese TV series for children `Nihon Mukashi Banashi`they would like to sell? I know they have the reruns on TV now, but we are usually out when the program is on.

Linda

By sonousek on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 6:59 am:

Hi, I am looking for an umbrella stroller, something like japanese strollers are. In fact, I need a little one and one which could be fold easily because me car's space is limitated, and it would be for my 5 months old son so the back must recline. If you have one, even old and very used, and you want to sell it at reasonable price, please let me know.

By Mike Hood on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 5:45 pm:

Thanks to all who offered advice about a
dictionary. I've found that the Canon
Wordtank V80 is probably the best deal.
FYI: It retails for 52,000. You can get it for
31,000 at Bic Camera, or 24,000 on
Rakuten. Possibly cheaper on Ebay. Again,
thanks. Mike

By Andrew J. Hazelton on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 3:48 pm:

For Japanese learner dictionary:
Most of the people I studied with purchased on of the more expensive models ($300). These have a lot of useful features, especially kanji dictionary, E-J, J-E, J-J, E-E dictionaries. Another important function is the multi-jump function. This allows you to select a kanji or kanji compound, then jump to another dictionary (kanji dictionary or J-E dictionary) so you can read the kanji. The most commonly used model was the Canon Wordtank. I have one and highly recommend it. This site has a lot of useful information:

http://www.thejapanshop.net/index.htm

Good luck

By Mike Hood on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 3:05 pm:

Hi Again,

I am still looking for an electronic dictionary. If no one is selling one, I'll go ahead and buy one new. But can someone recommend a good one? Most that I see are intended for Japanese learners of English, and that won't work so well for me. Thanks, Mike mikehood85@yahoo.com

By Sascha Hewitt on Friday, February 3, 2006 - 5:06 pm:

Travel Baby Cot & baby monitor ASAP
Hi All,
I need a western safety standard baby cot and a baby monitor ASAP. In near new condition. I am in Meguro, Tokyo.
Ph: 03-3710-3746
bookings@phuketvacationapartments.com
http://phuketvacationapartments.com

By Mike Hood on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 1:31 pm:

I'm looking for an electronic dictionary for an English-speaking student of Japanese. Can anyone recommend one? Have one to sell? Thanks, Mike

By Roxy on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 10:38 am:

Wanted: an electric oil space heater.

Our heater just broke the other day and we are in need of an electric oil space heater. Please contact me if you have any available.

By Trisha on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 1:55 pm:

I am looking for a new king size bed. Any info appreciated.

By Makiko Hashinaga on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 5:36 pm:

We could offer financial planning consultation mainly for Portfolio Management for free.

Satoh & Hashinaga
090-7813-6052

By Rosemary Saeki on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 3:03 pm:

Hello! I'm looking for a rocking chair for nursing my new baby. Does anyone have any idea where to find one in Tokyo?
Thanks so much!
Rosemary

By Anne on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 6:13 pm:

I bought one at Christmas at Costco -
Makuhari. Great toy. My 2.5 year old plays
with it everyday.
Hope this helps.
cheers
anne

By elizabeth iino on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 6:08 pm:

I am trying to get leapfrog's Fridge Phonics...anyone know where I can buy this? Thanks!
Elizabeth

By Geraldine H on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 8:30 am:

Wanted: Snow suit and boots!
My 2 and half year old daughter and I are going for a ski trip next week but she has nothing to wear!
Does anyone have a cheap suit and boots to sell or to rent? She is 95cm and 12,5 kgs. I would also be interested in material to play in the snow.
Contact me at chez_othello[at]hotmail.com Thank you

By Ana Maria Chrem on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 4:11 pm:

hello I am looking for 3-wheeler Impro Stroller - those that can fold perfectly for travelling, anyone know where I can get one.
thanks
anamariachrem@yahoo.com

By Jpnally on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 6:27 pm:

Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for a Little Tykes larger slide for a birthday party.
I'm willing to buy, rent, borrow or inherit! If you have one I could use, please let me know.
Thanks,
Ally in Tokyo

By Nini Hori on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 3:14 pm:

looking for 1st Birthday boy crown hat? Does anyone know where I can buy it or if
like to sell it i am intrested to buy it cheap, prefer in blue either made of satin or velvet and crown with card board is fine.please e mail with picture.

By Rachel Jennings on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 10:43 pm:

I am looking for an activity centre/walker for my 5 month old daughter. I would prefer to buy new but haven't seen them in Toys R Us or babies R Us.....not in Hokkaido anyway. Maybe someone knows of a shop in Japan that sells them? Something like a megasaucer, baby play place or similar. Nothing with wheels on it please. Any brands considered but must be in good condition. I will pay postage costs.Please email me at bejinksy_1@yahoo.com.au.

By Rachel Jennings on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 10:39 pm:

I am looking for an activity centre/walker for my 5 month old daughter. I would prefer to buy new but haven't seen them in Toys R Us or babies R Us.....not in Hokkaido anyway. Maybe someone knows of a shop in Japan that sells them? Something like a megasaucer, baby play place or similar. Nothing with wheels on it please. Any brands considered but must be in good condition. I will pay postage costs.Please email me at bejinksy_1@yahoo.com.au.

By Bethan Hutton on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 12:39 pm:

Linda, if you haven't found a used region-free DVD player yet, you could try the Foreign Buyers Club - they do a multi-region, multi-system DVD player which plays basically anything, and it comes in at just under Y10,000 including delivery. We have one, and have played DVDs from Japan, UK, US, Australia, Hong Kong and various other places with no problem.

By Emily Homma on Sunday, January 8, 2006 - 11:38 am:

Happy New Year!
What's your New Year's Resolution? Consider Charity.Sorry for cross posting, if you've read this from another list:
I'm organizing a new outreach project that involves distribution of used/recycle eyeglasses, prescription or reading glasses to the needy particularly in a third world country. I'm buying each pair for 200 yen (or cheaper or FREE). If you have some lying in your drawer and would like to share and make less-privileged happy, now is your chance to do so. I felt I had to do something when I learned that about 500 people lined up hoping to be given glasses when there were just 100 pairs being given away by a neighboring school in my hometown. Don't throw away your valuable glasses. Send me a private e-mail if you have some...at
jnj-hom@sta.att.ne.jp

By Linda Gondo on Monday, January 2, 2006 - 5:58 pm:

Does any one have a region free DVD player in good condition they need to sell? If so, please contact me.

Regards,

Linda

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: