Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

2006 and before

Japan With Kids - Forums: Classifieds: Job available: 2006 and before
By chris green on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 9:57 pm:

FULL TIME Position Available. Our company in Suidoubashi requires a full time secretary for Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm. We are a small outfit, very relaxed with foreign and Japanese staff. The applicant should be Japanese with basic English Ability. mail or call Chris on 03-3868-8030 chris@j-trade.com

By Cali on Wednesday, June 7, 2006 - 7:40 am:

* Occupational Therapist
Tokyo International Learning Community is searching for a licensed Occupational Therapist to work with students in its expanding school based and home based programs. Completion of an accredited Occupational Therapy program is required. Minimum of 3 years experience in a pediatric acute care, clinic or educational setting required. Strong interpersonal skills required. Must be compassionate and possess a desire to help students and families.
Demonstration of continued professional development preferred through continuing education courses and workshops.

* Recreation Therapist
Tokyo International Learning Community is searching for a qualified, credentialed Recreation Therapist to work with students in its school based and home based programs. Completion of an accredited Recreation Therapy program is required. Minimum of 3 years experience in a pediatric acute care, clinic or educational setting preferred. Strong interpersonal skills required. Must be compassionate and possess a desire to help students and families. Demonstration of continued professional development preferred through continuing education courses and workshops.

Fax or email your resume to Dennis McKibben - School Head.
Email: tilc[at]gol.com Fax: 042-401-0588

By Jayne on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 1:15 pm:

Hi there,
I'm looking for someone who could work one (or possibly more) day(s) a week to teach my students/do my medical paper copy editing job while I take a break after childbirth. The day(s) are flexible and the job would start anytime in September or October (My due date is October 29th). I will be staying in Japan until the end of the year and then going home for the month of January, resuming my work again from the 1st Feb 07. Yokohama area. Please email jayneuruhatyahoo.com

By Cali on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 4:36 pm:

Tokyo International Learning Community is currently accepting applications for Occupational Therapist, Recreation Therapist, and Physical Therapist. Please visit our website for more details. www.tilcjapan.com

By Robert Kooij on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 2:21 pm:

We are looking a bilingual person to help us organize a number of things in our home office:
> - sort and file mail
> - translate and respond to a number of Japanese enquiries from third parties (condo-association, etc.)
> - help revise a number of contracts with third parties (mobile phone, utilities, etc.)

I foresee this to be about 2 to 3-weeks worth of work. The location would be in Kanagawa, Odawara (15 minutes from station)

If you know of someone that can help, please contact me via e-mail (rfkooij@yahoo.com), or call me on my mobile number 090-6564-5215. Preferably I would work with someone via a temp agency or so ...
Thanks, Robert

By Josie Salzman on Monday, March 6, 2006 - 9:14 pm:

Babysitter/Housecleaner wanted:

Family with 3 small children in Tokyo seeks the following. PLEASE, DO NOT reply unless you meet all the following conditions:

-This is a live-in postion only.
-Monday - Saturday, full time (5 day work week is also possible with reduction in pay).
-Must have valid visa. We will sponsor you after your visa expires.
-Must be able to make a 2 year commitment.
-Must provide us with a list of ALL employers and work during the last 3 years with current telephone numbers and contact information.

Compensation will be 150,000 month, including insurance, 2 - 3 week vacation, airfare to home country. Will consider raise after 1 year. Will provide generous bonus depending on work quality.

Please respond to josiesalzman@yahoo.com

Thank you.

By Tonette Binsol on Sunday, March 5, 2006 - 11:07 pm:

I know of a very talented Filipino Science and English teacher here who's finishing her studies at Yokohama National University and interested to pursue a teaching career in Japan. Will appreciate any lead from concerned ones in the group. Thank you very much.

By Hervina Mego on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 11:09 am:

Hi, there
i'm looking for a part time job on internet as a
translator. english-japanese,
indonesia-japanese also.
if you, or your friends need, please contact me soon at
nakami_moda@yahoo.com
or chat with me at MSN mesengger: jellybeana87@hotmail.com
thank you... :)

By Cali on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 8:49 am:

Tokyo International Learning Community
is searching for a Preschool Teacher for its
expanding program. The qualified
candidate will have a degree in early
childhood education or related field and
experience working with children with
special needs and experience in a
preschool environment. Fax or email your
resume to Cali Gregory, BS, MHA EInterim
School Administrator. Email: tilc@gol.com
Fax: 042.231.9648

By Rieko Yumoto on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 8:38 pm:

I look for a native english teacher for kids.
(Need Child care certificate or Kids english teacher's experienced)
I hope once for about 3000yen an hour.
I will start up new english circle in Nerima-ku.(Hikarigaoka sta.Oedo-Line)
If you are interested, please contact at rienon0403@yahoo.co.jp

By Rieko

By Georgina N. Thompson on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 2:35 pm:

I am a 28 years old female professional teacher seeking teaching appointment in any school in Tokyo. I am a holder of B.Ed certificate. I can teach English language. I am also good at preparing different dishes since I have done some related courses in catering. I can therefore work in restaurant. You can contact me using this email address; gnttgn@yahoo.com You can call me at 9.00 p.m to 7.00 a.m using this mobile phone number 090-41696090

By Blue Sky on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 1:01 am:

Seeking a native English speaker who loves interacting with babies and toddlers up to age 3 and their mothers, to teach an original program in English which includes well-known children's songs, movement to music, a toddler mini-gymnastics segment and overall to encourage gentle mother/baby interaction. This is not an English class per se, as some of the children and their mothers are native speakers. It is a class for mothers (and the occasional father!) with young children that aims to nurture them together with music and fun activities, encouraging healthy relationships and well rounded development.

Ideally looking for someone who:
* loves kids
* is patient and understanding
* has energy and enthusiasm
* has a good sense of humour
* enjoys singing, with a wide taste in music
* possibly has children who have now grown up or are at yochien/school during the day
* isn't interested in working full time or having the responsibility of setting up/running their own business
* is able to commit to a couple of morning hours on fixed days, once or twice a week, for the whole school term.

Classes usually start at 10am in Sakura Shinmachi, Setagaya-ku, and would be finished in time to go and pick up your own children from yochien if necessary.

If this sounds like you or someone you know, please contact Iona Macnab at
blue.sky@gol.com or call 03-3425-2534. More details of the classes at Blue Sky can be found at http://www.blueskytokyo.com

By Admin on Friday, November 4, 2005 - 6:15 pm:

Contact the Yokohama Board of Education, School Guidance Division, 1-1 Minato-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama 231-0017 if you wish to try for positions open for foreign instructors (of all nationalities) needed to teach at Yokohama public elementary schools, in English, about your own country and culture.
Conditions are: 4-5 hrs/day, 2-4 times/week. Est. salary is 3,000 yen per hour. Position to begin in April 2006 on a renewable contract basis.
To apply: send a request for application forms along with a self-addressed, 80 yen stamped return envelope to Kasahara-san at the above address.

By Jellund on Tuesday, November 1, 2005 - 9:16 pm:

Posting on behalf of a friend looking for an English teacher, please email her directly at the address below if you are interested

----------------
Two moms are looking for a native English speaker for our kids (8-year-boy, 6-year-girl, 4-year-girl). We live near Kameido Station, 4th stations for Chiba, JR Sobu line.

We would like lessons twice a week, Tue and Fri afternoon for 3000yen/lesson.

Could you or someone who you know possibly teach us?

Contact Mami at 86every1@mail.goo.ne.jp

By Nancy on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 9:13 pm:

Handy person needed for garden work in Yokohama. Involves placing tiles, made of sponge rubber on a sand/soil base. Some need cutting so you need access to an electric saw suited to this. Excess soil and sand needs to be taken away. Area involved is 12 sq m. This is a photo of the planned playspace. patio

By Yvette Takizawa on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 8:12 pm:

im looking for an english private teacher for my 4yr old kid.He's a beginner and he doesnt go to an international school.we live in taito-ku.Anyone interested please send me a mail or reply to this message of mine.I'll be waiting....

By Treena Smith on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 5:41 pm:

Anyone needing some temporary relief from the kids. My sister is in town - a kiwi aged 27 years old, qualified teacher. Before she graduated she nannied (live in) in Shanghai for two years. I can forward her resume onto you but get in quick and book some time off. She is fantastic with children. Why not have that weekend away! She is an angel.

By Cristina Moya on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 7:17 pm:

Hello, I am really looking forward to committing myself to a babysitter/nanny position that I can enjoy and apply myself to. I am non-smoking. I am organised, reliable, punctual and I am a committed and devoted person. I love interacting with children. I have been in two families houses in Australia and France as an au pair (references available). I love children very much and I addapt easily to families and children. I am very flexible;I can cook and clean as well. I have taken courses in the Red Cross of First Aid, Childcare, Adults Care all of them certified. I am spanish native (from Barcelona) but I can speak english, french and german fluently, and also I'm working hard to learn japanese.

So if you are looking for a babysitter/nanny - please do email me and tell me all about what you are looking for...
cristinamoya@wanadoo.es

By alms serrano on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 8:52 pm:

Hi..I'm Alma from the philippines 34 years old.I've been here in tokyo for almost 7 years working as a baby sitter.I've been working with the different families like american diplomat families.I can do babysitting and all household chores.Right now i'm looking for a family who can sponsor me partime or a fulltime job.refferences is available if needed.You can contact me at 090-8453-8438...or email me thanks and best regards..

By david paul on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 12:43 pm:

ENGLISH TUTORING OFFERED

I am an experienced highly qualified secondary school teacher of English Language and Literature. I can provide tutoring to ESL students who need to improve their proficiency level, to native English-speaking students preparing for SAT’s and TOEFL, to students who are studying an English programme at a non-English speaking international school and to assist any student with improving their English skills at any level, in particular, essay writing.
If you are interested in being tutored by a professional teacher, please contact:
I live in the Setagaya area.
David Paul
Ph: 03 3707 6317 or Mobile: 08030408435

By aileen on Sunday, October 9, 2005 - 11:39 am:

Hi, I'm looking for a part-time job as nanny/housekeeper or as an english teacher. I'm currently living in Matsudo Shi, Chiba-Ken.I'm a college graduate with a B.S. degree. Please e-mail me if you are interested. Thank you.

By Cali on Sunday, October 9, 2005 - 9:12 am:

Tokyo International Learning Community
(an international school for children with
special needs) has an immediate opening
for a qualified Speech and Language
Therapist. English must be primary
language. If you are interested, please
contact Cali Gregory (TILC - Interim School
Administrator) at 042.334.2454
Thank you. Cali Gregory

By Paul Green on Saturday, October 8, 2005 - 3:34 pm:

English School receptionist/manager wanted for 1 or two days a week in Nakano. Good money. Start as soon as you like - Fluent Japanese needed.
Contact Paul at airmonos@hotmail.com

By Paul Green on Saturday, October 8, 2005 - 3:30 pm:

FULLTIME Kids and Adult English TEACHER wanted. Needs experience or confidence in teaching kids. Working Tue to Sat or Tue to Fri. Start as soon as possible. contact Paul at airmonos@hotmail.com

By Julie Hansberry on Thursday, October 6, 2005 - 10:47 am:

Any Thai housekeepers out there looking for a job? Contact me for more details.

By Alvin on Tuesday, October 4, 2005 - 11:01 pm:

To all employers who seek for a prudent and trustworthy employee, i am alvin,26 years of age and looking for a job. i graduated from a seminary institution and wanted to pursue my vocation for priesthood but circumstances kept me from realizing it. Im looking for an employer who could help me about sponsorship and send me to Japan to work. With regards to teaching, I am very much fluent in english and I have had quite an experience in teaching Korean and Japanese students here in the Philippines. I am a well- rounded person and I can also do some household jobs that my employer thinks would fit me. I believe that the personality of an employee is of utmost importance in making his employer satisfied of his performance and so, I make sure that I possess such characters that would not make my employer regret in hiring me. Those who are interested in hiring me, please do make acall on my mobile number 09223612012 or reach me through my email: alvin_delavega@yahoo.com

By Paul Green on Tuesday, October 4, 2005 - 11:00 pm:

RECEPTION and TEACHING staff WANTED. Looking for part time and casual native English speakers to teach Kids and/or Adults in a small English school in Nakano. 2000yen per class(45min to 1hr). Also looking for conversation lounge staff at 1000yen per hour.
Also looking for a part or fulltime friendly English School Receptionist who can use WORD and EXCEL. Must be Native Japanese. Age and Experience and English not important - please contact Paul at airmonos@hotmail.com (airmonos at hotmail dot com)

By miraculous-n-aesthetic@indiatimes.com on Friday, September 2, 2005 - 1:13 am:

Hi
This is Vartika.Someone want to learn delicious indian food?I am an Indian housewife living in hongo sanchome.JPY2000/class.

By Mina on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 12:49 pm:

Want someone to help with housework like cleaning, laundry and light kitchen work, 2 to 3 hours per day, for 2 days a week in Toyocho area. Email with your charges per hour and references if any.

By rodeliza lazaro on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 4:16 pm:

hello to all employers. i'm living in tokyo for almost 5 years now and i'm looking for an employer who could help me with my visa or sponsorship. i'm willing to work full time or part time or depending on your needs. salary and working hours are negotiable. i am very expirience with children because i also have 3 kids of my own. references are also available. please help me because my visa will expire on august 15,2005. interview can be conducted at your most convinient time. please contact me at 080-3455-0124 or e-mail me at jay_R5@t.vodafone.ne.jp
thank you very much.

By Katherin Higgins on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:17 am:

Urgently Needed for August: Female English teacher after 3:30pm once or twice a week to teach 11 year old girl on Odakyu line who is leaving for US in September.

Needed In General:
Female Native English Speakers to teach female adult students, female and male children.

2,000 yen an hour
500 yen for transportation costs

Lesson times and location are flexible.

Ladies English School is run by
TOKYO GOOD SERVICE Inc.
Chichii Kosuke
E-mail: les@tokyogoodservice.com
URL: http://www.tokyogoodservice.com/
Tel/Fax:03-3488-3316
〒201-0005
Tokyo Komae-city Iwato-Minami 3-19-7

For more information please email les@tokyogoodservice.com

By Meg on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 4:54 pm:

Seeking foreigner kid(girl) model whose age is around 10(8 to 15) for advertisement of Photo Equipment Company. The date of photography is on July 22 and the location is in Chiba city.The payment is 10,000 yen per day.
Send me email with photo, I will take a contact with you with more further information.

By Tamami and Lorenzo Wyatt on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 5:36 pm:

2-WEEK ENGLISH CONVERSATION ENGAGEMENT, Y3,000/HOUR:

Kyoei Gakuen (Tokyo) now is accepting resumes from native English speakers who will be hired to lead English-language conversation sessions with junior high school students.

Class sessions will be held Mon-Fri. from 9:00am. to 3:00pm. On Saturday (7/16), classes will be held from 9:00am. to 3:00pm.

Compensation and qualifications: roundtrip trainfare to its Kasukabe Kyoei Junior High School campus. Hourly wage of Yen2,500.

Please contact Mr. Lorenzo Wyatt at 048-761-5825, via e-mail (wyatt@kyoei.ac.jp) or via fax (048-761-5817).

By Megumi Yamamoto on Thursday, June 2, 2005 - 1:11 am:

We (Photostudio 641) are looking for foreigner models, adult 20-30 years old and girl around 10-15 years old, for advertisement of Photo Equipment Company. The location is in Chiba city. Adult model is required driving license. Please contact by email with your photo.

By Evangeline Monteon on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 4:06 pm:

I'm Vangie looking for a regular babysitting & 1 day house cleaning.

Anyone interested pls. contact 090-6505-4492 or e-mail me at vangie_jongie@yahoo.com

By Evangeline Monteon on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 3:53 pm:

Looking for someone who can help you? ESTER can do it for you. She has experience with all kind of household chores. Has experience with children of all ages and newborn. EXCELLENT in ironing.

Please contact her at 080-3487-5904 or you can e-mail her at happydimplelady@yahoo.com

By Bernadette V. Dimalanta on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 8:27 pm:

I'm Bernadette 28yrs old looking for a housekeeping or babysitting job,preferably somebody who can help me with sponsorhip in the near future.For anybody interested in sponsoring me,I can offer you a great deal.For further references pls contact Gabby Hientzelman at 0334867307.My tel. no.is 0337132248.

By Lauren Kawasaki on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:50 pm:

Looking for native Japanese tutor for two boys ages 6 and 4, in Minami Azabu. Would like someone for 6 hours per week - 3 times a week for two hours each time. Working hours should be in late afternoon between 3-6. Person should be fun but structure, experience necessary in teach Japanese reading and writing. Boys speak fluent Japanese, but need tutoring in written and reading. If interested email me or call my ketai 090-2171-0133.

By Estrellita B. Carpio on Monday, May 2, 2005 - 4:09 pm:

Hello! If you're looking for someone to help you please contact:080-3487-5904. I'm looking for some cleaning and baby sitting jobs, flexible in time, excellent in ironing. Wonderful with children of all ages and newborn.

By Estrellita B. Carpio on Monday, May 2, 2005 - 02:58 pm:
Hello! in need of someone to help you? Maybe I can help you, I'm Ester, Filipina, of legal age. I'm looking for some partime job in house cleaning and baby sitting. I've been here for 6 years, has experience with children of all ages and newborn. Flexible in time and excellent in ironing.

By Cali on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 12:11 pm:

I am looking for a native English speaker who is a licensed or certified Speech Pathologist to begin private therapy with my child in my home 1-2 times per week for 1-2 hour sessions. The position is available immediately and salary is negotiable. Please contact me with your credentials and references.

By Cali on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 12:05 pm:

Tokyo International Learning Community (an international school for children with special needs) is looking for a qualified Speech and Language Therapist to begin May 1, 2005. Hours are flexible. English must be primary language. If you are interested, please contact Ajay Das (School Head) at 042.231.9611
Thank you. Cali Gregory

By J.Y. V. on Wednesday, March 9, 2005 - 5:18 pm:

UNO pasta restaurant in Azabu-juban is looking for a hall staff to do 2 shifts as
a server on weekends. We require someone who is well-spoken, dedicated and cheerful personality. Good work place, pleasant working conditions and competitive salary. Send us your CV by email.

By Irena Shie on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 10:48 pm:

Seeking Indonesians who are willing to participate in answering questionare about Japanese living. Thanks.

By Natalie on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 3:33 pm:

NARITA CITY, CHIBA -Part time teaching position available from April 2005- Wednesdays 4-8pm

We are seeking a native English speaker who has a lively, energetic personality, works well alone, and experienced in teaching children (4yrs to junior high school). Must have valid 3-year working visa, presently living in Japan with plans to continue living in Japan for at least a year. Basic Japanese ability helpful.

The school is located in Chiba near Narita City on the Narita line. To the right candidates we pay a good hourly rate (3500yen per hour plus up to 1200yen per day for transportation), and 4 paid holidays.

Send cover letter with resume & references to
globalchiba@hotmail.com
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.

By Rossiel Tubice on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 7:46 pm:

hi, im from d philippines, i would like to have a job in japan,any job will do, i can understand basic japanese,and i can also speak english.i dont hav visa and sponsor,if u can help me pls email me at rossiel143@yahoo.com thank you very much.

By Ruth Kim on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 1:24 pm:

Our Montessori House DVD series has been developed by certified and experienced Montessori teachers in the US to introduce young children to reading, math, and shapes & colors. We are based in New York and looking for parents to distribute our products in Japan. This is a great way to make a bit of extra cash, especially for parents staying at home, and all the DVDs your purchase for your own children will be at a 60% discount.

Our website is at www.mymontessorihouse.com and please feel free to contact me, Ruth Kim, at ruth@mymontessorihouse.com

By serrano on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 12:28 am:

I'm alma from the philippines with age of 33,i've been here at tokyo for almost 7 years working with the different families like american diplomats families,or several families.I'm looking for a parttime job or a fulltime job that can sponsor me(live-in or live out)
I can do all the household chores including baby sitting,party help(all arround).For refferences email Heather Rogors at rogersus@hotmail.com,Anne pauli at anne_pauli@hotmail.com or contact Alison at 0357894686,julie at 0354421454 or email me at serrano_alms@hotmail.com or just contact me at my cellphone 080-3003-4903 for more details..Available for try outs or interviews.Thank you so much..

By Susan Chikuba on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 4:51 pm:

Seeking qualified native
English-speaking teachers for a
newly established, at-home
school for young speakers of
Japanese aged 3 to 5 years. No
experience required, but ideal
applicants will have an interest
in preschool/kindergarten
education and be able to warmly
engage the children in English-
based activities via music,
song, arts/crafts, early math,
dance and drama. An upright
piano, acoustic guitar, and
accordion are available.
Interested candidates please
contact Maki via e-mail at
{kitchen-
mommy@jcom.home.ne.jp
},
in English or Japanese. Speakers
of Japanese may call Maki on
(090) 7407-7435.

* Hours: Daily Monday through
Friday, 9:30 am to 2:30 pm.
Lesson time is10 am through 2:00
pm, with the exception of
Wednesdays when lessons finish
early at 1:00 pm. The remaining
hour on Wednesdays is to be used
for curriculum planning and
meetings, etc. No lessons in
August; only 10 days of lessons
each in July and December.

* Inquiries are welcome from
eligible candidates who require
some flexibility with regard to
days and/or hours. Also seeking
teachers for specialized classes
in music, art and dance; hours
negotiable.

in Suginami Ward, a 12-minute
walk from JR Nishi-Ogikubo
Station or 15-minute walk / 7-
minute bicycle ride from
Mitakadai Station on the Keio
Inogashira Line.

By Kim Ellison on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 10:30 am:

Part time children's teacher
wanted. Teaching English to
10-12 year old kids in a private
juku around Kakio,
Shinyurigaoka (Odakyu line)
and Shukugawara and
Nakanoshima (Nambu line )
area.

You must be a native English
speaker with a proper visa.
Experienced, energetic and
reliable. Preferably over 25
years old with some
Japanese speaking ablilty.

You will teach 2 classes (50
minutes each) and one class
on a Wednesday and
Thursday starting at 4.45 pm
(you must be there by 4.35)
Transportation is paid. All
lessons to be prepared by the
teacher.

Interviews will be held next
week. Please send resume or
contact Tina (not the above
email) by 5th February at
tina@brighton-
international.com

By Admin on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 12:55 pm:

West Tokyo Preschool needs to fill the Head Teacher Position to start on Aug/September 2005:
Requirements:
Native English speaker
Early Childhood Development/Education degree
Sponsorship possible.
Interviewing to be concluded by 15 June or earlier if possible.
Please fax or mail resume to:
West Tokyo Preschool
2-5-5 Tama-cho, Fuchu, Tokyo 183-0002
Tel/fax: 0423-63-8419 Stephanie Kadowaki, Administrator
email: westtokyopreschool@hotmail.com
Web site: http://www.geocities.com/westtokyopreschool/

By Herculano D. Viñas Jr. on Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 5:43 pm:

Hi there. I'm 22 year old and looking for a job there in japan. I'm from Philippines and looking for any possible job there in japan and who can assist me in having a visa . Sincerely yours, you can email me at herculano_vinas@yahoo.co.uk

By Herculano D. Viñas Jr. on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 11:34 pm:

Hi there im from philippines im 22 years old male second year college taking up business management , i am looking for any possibe job there in japan and someone who could help me sponsoring a visa . Sincerely Yours.

By Tracy Okuma on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 12:41 pm:

Hi,
Sorry the email address does not work for the below advert for a home preschool position. Can you repost the correct email address?
Cheers

By Susan Chikuba on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 11:29 am:

Seeking qualified native English-speaking teachers for a newly established, at-home school for young speakers of Japanese aged 3 to 5 years. No experience required, but ideal applicants will have an interest in preschool/kindergarten educatioencvotoo0mq?bi&bsx bF+bsPmmy@jcom.home.ne.jp, in English or Japanese. Speakers of Japanese may call Maki on 090-7407-7435.

* Hours: Daily Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. Lesson time is 10:00am through 2:00pm, with the exception of Wednesdays when lessons finish early at 1:00 pm. The remaining hour on Wednesdays is to be used for curriculum planning and meetings, etc. No lessons in August; only 10 days of lessons each in July and December.

* Inquiries are welcome from eligible candidates who require some flexibility with regard to days and/or hours. Also seeking teachers for specialized classes in music, art and dance; hours negotiable.

* Location: Personal residence in Suginami Ward, a 12-minute walk from JR Nishi-Ogikubo Station or 15-minute walk / 7-minute bicycle ride from Mitakadai Station on the Keio Inogashira Line.

By Vicki on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 11:41 am:

I-Campus, an online educational company in Japan, is looking for an online math teacher for its Stanford EPGY program(Education Program for Gifted Youth). Each lesson is 30 mins. and certified math instructors can earn 2,000 yen per class (4,000 yen per hour) working from home.
Please contact Vicki at drop@bekkoame.ne.jp if interested and for more details.

By J Trade Inc. on Tuesday, November 2, 2004 - 1:25 pm:

Scanning Books - Part Time Job Offered for 950 yen per hour, URGENT REPLIES REQUESTED. This is a one time job that requires coming to our office near JR Suidoubashi station on weekdays 5 days a week until the scanning is finished, we project it will take three to four weeks. The job itself will be opening the page of some books we have and placing it on a scanner and pressing a button, this is a very simple computer job. Our office environment is very relaxed and we usually start around 10 and finish at 6 with a lunch break. Please contact chris@j-trade.com with a short description of yourself and maybe some of your background. All are welcome and please remember we will pay 950 yen per hour with transportation.

By Kaori Yamane on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 9:32 am:

"Yes! English School" in Toshima-ku needs ASAP a native English teacher for 2-3 year old children on Mondays and/or Fridays 11am-12am or two hours in the early afternoon on Tuesdays. We prefer teachers who like children and provide fun activities and songs. We pay 3,000-4,000 yen per hour. Email to: bkskink@hotmail.com
or call: 070-6655-8985/03-3918-7976.

By Amy Uehara on Monday, September 6, 2004 - 5:58 pm:

I have to agree with Jenny about this proof-reading job. Here again, it is evident the benefit of this website.
I worked hard for him years ago when I was stuck home with 2 pre-schoolers and it seemed like a good way to earn extra money and in the end, I was intimidated and my pay was withheld.
Forget the lawsuits because there was no contract, I had no money for a lawyer and still had the same small children to take care of so no time for court battles. However, I do regret thinking that I was the only "sucker." It is good that we make his "deeds" known so that others do not fall into his trap.
If we at times do not have the law on our side, at least we have the Internet!!

By Jenny on Monday, September 6, 2004 - 4:14 pm:

Sunday's Japan Times had advertisement saying: 15 Americans needed for proofreading by telephone. Excellent job for people at home. Lexington International. 03-3398-8545 (10:00am-5:00pm)
Be warned, this man is a difficult boss. His office is west of Shinjuku a few stops on the Chuo line. EXAMPLE: He will start an argument with you during the phone call, insisting that you are wrong and he is right, and then he will deduct the time used for the argument from your pay!

By Susan Phatsadavong on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 8:14 am:

Hello everyone,

My son and I will be moving to Japan this summer. Our primary language is English, but I am can speak Laos and Thai. If anyone wanted to learn how to speak english or help their children after school,please contact me, I would love to hear from you.
Your place or mine, either way I am willing to work it out.
Thanks, Susan Phatsadavong
current phone number: 404-396-2765

By michael hiroo on Thursday, September 2, 2004 - 4:32 pm:

Wanted: Japanese-Experts.com is currently searching for two additional members of our staff to assist people relocate to Japan. Your position is to help Americans, Candadians, Europeans, and people from other non Asian countries -relocate to Japan successfully. This position is client services advanced Management Career Level II. Individuals who may be interested in this postion must be willing to relocate to Japan if you are not already located in Tokyo, Japan, have a masters degree in Asian studies, have lived in Japan for 10 or more years, enjoy meeting people, speak fluent Japanese and English, have a love for life, able to assist people with housing, employment, and business needs. Be culturally aware of Japanese society, politics, and the economy. The rate of salary is $80,000.00 annually. Please contact customer service in Japan at the following address: Japanese-Experts@Consultant.com

By Tracy Okuma on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 5:22 pm:

Looking for a German teacher for business conversational German lessons for a Japanese businessman. Kichijouji area or at my home. Email me with price and experience. Weekend morning lesson wanted.

By Pato on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 5:46 pm:

Native English speaker preschool teacher sought, must have credentials and experience.
Yoyogi International Preschool/Kindergarten
Suzu Bldg. 2&3F, 1-15-12 Tomigaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0063
Tel: 03-5478-6714, Fax: 03-5478-6713
(ad listed in June 28 Asahi Shimbun page 22)

By Zan on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 9:54 pm:

American Woman of 35 plump- Excellent singer can sing a variety of styles of music looking for singing job. Very funny - can also act! email me at gifts@thatdutchgirl.com

By Caterina Yajima on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 9:20 am:

Are you looking for a japanese-italian/italian-japanese/english-italian translator?
Are you looking for an italian teacher?
Call me!
Karena 1i9t6a4l4i1a8@ezweb.ne.jp

By anugya on Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 7:39 pm:

for cheap yoga lessonsin Shinjuku by a 10 years experienced yoga instructor from nepal. please contact Nirmal in email anugya78@yahoo.com

By mateusz klejman on Sunday, April 4, 2004 - 6:04 am:

hi my name is Matthew
and i am looking for any kind of job in tokyo i am very kindly guy
i've been working 2 years as cheff in quality restaurant
i've got experience with kids and i speak english very well
this's my email skrybydyp@wp.pl

By Helen on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 8:34 pm:

Kaniz Akter, You should try a company called PIGEON KIDS WORLD. it is a day care centre. They employ people from all countries. they are based in tokyo.

By Kaniz Akter on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:57 pm:

Hi!I am Kaniz.Currently living in Tokyo but from 1st April I am moving to Honjo ,Saitama. I am a Bangladeshi female and married.I have work permit.So I want to do some part time job specially with kids.I like kids and also love to be with them.I was a teacher in my country.And the conversations with students (kids) are almost in English.So I want a job, specially in day care centers.I can teach kids English,play with them, sing songs.I can assure that they will like me.So I want such a job in a day care center as I love kids.

By Grace International Learning Center on Saturday, March 6, 2004 - 8:43 pm:

GRACE INTERNATIONAL LEARNING CENTER located in Seta, Setagaya-Ku Tokyo has an immediate opening for a qualifed native English Preschool teacher and a native English Preschool teacher assistant to join our dynamic teaching team. If you love children and enjoy working with them then you might be the right person we are looking for. Please send a cover letter, resume and photo to admin@grace-learning.com or fax us a copy of your resume at 03-5716-3100. Proper visa required.

By Midori Kasai on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 11:23 pm:

Seeking Part-Time native English-speaking teacher (preferably American) for a newly established,toddlers English group,Nerima-ku (Seibu Ikebukuro line) Tue and Thu am9:00-12:00. 3000 yen/hour. starting April, with bilingual assistant, English-language based activities via@song, music, dance, arts, crafts and early math. experience required. For further information contact Midori

E-mail:mkkktk@hotmail.com

By Yokohama Theatre Group on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 3:38 am:

Yokohama Theatre Group wants a lighting, sound operator and Front of House for its upcoming play "Black Comedy" at the Gaiety Theatre.

ALL are NON PAID VOLUNTEER Positions. The cast and crew are a lot of fun - and the post party will be big! So it won't be all work and no play.

Front of House are required performanace Nights

6.30-8pm     Wed 10 Mar     
6.30-8pm     Thur 11 Mar     
6.30-8pm     Fri 12 Mar

For Lighting or Sound Operators, experience is preferred but not essential.
Some competency with using lighting boards and sound decks would be great.
You would be required for the following times
6-8pm Mon 1 Mar
4-8pm     Sun 7 Mar           
6-9pm     Mon 8 Mar     
6-10pm     Tues 9 Mar     
6-10pm     Wed 10 Mar     
6-10pm     Thur 11 Mar     
6-10pm     Fri 12 Mar
Apply ASAP to admin[at]yokohama-theatre.com

By Vicki on Thursday, February 5, 2004 - 4:31 pm:

Online teaching positions available.
I-Campus, the Japan branch of the Stanford Gifted Kids Program, is looking for teachers and substitute teachers who can teach subjects such as Math over the Internet. Curriculum provided.
Please contact Vicki at drop@bekkoame.ne.jp
for more details.

By Susan Chikuba on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 11:24 pm:

Seeking TW0 qualified native English-speaking teachers for a newly established, at-home school for young speakers of Japanese aged 3 to 6 years. The two teachers will simultaneously teach a maximum class of 10 children. No experience required, but ideal applicants will have an interest in preschool/kindergarten education and be able to warmly engage the children in English-language based activities via music, song, arts/crafts, early math, dance and drama. (An upright piano, acoustic guitar, and accordion are available.)

Interested candidates please contact Maki Akazawa via e-mail at kitchen-mommyATMARKjcom.home.ne.jp, in English or Japanese. If you are able to speak in Japanese, you may call Maki on (090) 7407-7435. Further details below.

* Required hours: Daily Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 2:30 pm.
Lesson time is 10:00 am through 2:00 pm, with the exception of Wednesdays when lessons finish early at 1:00 pm. The remaining 90 minutes on Wednesdays is to be used for curriculum planning and meetings, etc.

* Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, and year-end/new year's holidays off. No lessons in August; only 10 days of lessons each in July and December.

* Location: Personal residence in Suginami Ward, a 12-minute walk from JR Nishi Ogikubo Station or 15-minute walk / 7-minute bicycle ride from Mitakadai Station on the Keio Inogashira Line.

By Kudos on Thursday, January 8, 2004 - 11:26 am:

A small marketing company in Shibuya with mostly foreign staff is looking for an Administrative Assistant. Applicant must currently reside in Japan, with Business-Level English and Native-Level Japanese ability.

Description of position:
Performs a variety of administrative and office duties, assists in coordinating of special projects, and supports the marketing team and overall operation.

Requirements:
•Minimum one year of administrative experience, ideally university educated
•Excellent PC skills (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access) with ability to create presentations, database, knowledge in Photoshop and Dreamweaver a plus
•Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
•Knowledge in marketing and/or publishing will be preferable

Responsibilities:
•Answers phones in a courteous and businesslike manner, and respond to callersEinquiries
•Assist with creation of spreadsheets and presentations as needed
•Continuously improve existing process and procedures to meet the changing needs of the company
•Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned

Compensation:
From 240,000 yen per month, based on previous working experience.

To apply, please send an e-mail and resume to info@jp-kudos.com

By Admin on Sunday, January 4, 2004 - 3:28 pm:

ESL (English as a Second Language) Teachers:
emphasis on Korea but growing internationally
http://www.eslteachersboard.com
You can post your own ad for free here as well.

By Gabrielle on Friday, January 2, 2004 - 9:48 am:

Native English speaker wanted for teaching position in Itabashi.

Approximately 6-8 hours per week. Weekend work.

3000 yen an hour.

Starting February.

For more information please email : saleofthecentury2003@hotmail.com

By Natasha on Saturday, December 6, 2003 - 9:37 am:

Tokyo Winter Career Forum 2003
December 22nd (Monday)and 23rd (Tuesday)
Ikebukuro Sunshine City

Japanese-English bilinguals, currently living in Japan or returning to Japan for the winter vacation are welcome to attend. This includes students as well as mid-career professionals.

For free online registration, detailed information regarding
the Tokyo Winter Career Forum, and a current list of participating companies, please go to http://www.careerforum.net/

By Yokohama Theatre Group on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 1:22 am:

YOKOHAMA THEATRE GROUP is seeking a webmaster to assist in web design (especially using Dreamweaver or Adobe Go Live software), who would like to offer their services voluntarily in return for complimentary tickets to our performances.

Please apply to admin[at]yokohama-theatre.com

By Natalie B on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 11:26 pm:

Part-time positions available from January 2004 for experienced English teachers. We are seeking native English speakers (preferably Canadian or American) who have a lively, energetic personality, a good work ethic, and have experience and an interest in teaching children (4yrs to high school). The school is located in Chiba near Narita City on the Narita line. We need someone now for Wed classes 3-8pm with more classes opening in the New Year. Must have valid working visa, currently reside in Japan and plan to continue residing in Japan long-term. Basic Japanese ability helpful. To the right candidates we pay an attractive hourly rate (3500 to 4000 yen plus transportation), depending on qualifications and experience. Send a cover letter and resume to globalchiba@hotmail.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.

By Ted Myers on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 1:13 pm:

Three teaching jobs available in Takasaki, Gunma:

(1) P/T or F/T Native English speaker w/exp. to teach all levels, infant to adult, starting December 2003. EFL teaching experience required.

(2) F/T Native English speaker w/exp. to teach kindergarten with bilingual assistant, starting March/April 2004. Teaching experience required. Experience teaching young children, BS/BA preferred.

(3) F/T Native Japanese speaker, proficient in English, to be assistant teacher for kindergarten, March/April 2004. Kindergarten teaching experience, license preferred.

Fax cover letter and resume to 027-353-3670, attention Ted Myers.

By Admin on Saturday, November 8, 2003 - 8:43 am:

This refers to the post below by Karen on 18 October.

near Hachioji -- half day job for native Dutch speaker to be scheduled sometime from 17 - 30 November.
Tomoko Sera
Career Planner & English Instruction Coordinator
Career Development
GLOVA Corp.
tel: 03-5348-2468 fax: 03-3363-8546

By sarah on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 12:48 pm:

looking for a keyboard player to accompany me in 2 days. Filipino or other nationality who can play any pop, jazz etc and x-mas songs in Zushi City Kanagawa ken. Will pay. pls. email or call 080-5076-6019 ASAP.

By Karen on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 1:47 pm:

Language Sound Data of German, French and Italian needed for one of the
major companies of precision instruments

If you know of any Native German, French or Italian friends, please
forward this e-mail.

Days/Times: Two hours only on any day of the week day with your
availability for two hours from 9:00 am - 17:00

Renumeration: 10,000 yen for two hours

Description:
The client is seeking Native German, French and Italian speakers for
language sound data to check their product operates properly.

How to Apply: Please e-mail Tomoko Sera at t-sera@glova.co.jp and state
suitable dates/times from Oct. 21 to November 7 for this position.

By Karen on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 10:20 pm:

I was given permission to post about a small research campaign being run by the major Japanese cosmetic company, KAO. They are looking for participants to take part in tests over three half days to check how Caucasian women's hair reacts to "straightening". Full details are below.

Participants Requirements:
1. Ethnicity: Caucasian
2. Sex :Female
3. Hair length: below jaw line, above armpit length
4. Hair Style: need to be a wavy or slightly curly
5. Hair color: No preference
6. Need to be able to communicate properly in either English or Japanese
7. Test Details: To check how Caucasian hair reacts to being curled

KAO's hair dresser will use their new "Hair Straightening" product and then various tests will be conducted e.g. testing to see how your hair reacts to humidity. and then Photographs , video and an interview will be taken.

After the test you need to set up your hair style on your own or if necessary the hair dresser helps you.
8. Location: Kao company office at Kameido station. on the Sobu line.
Direction will be provided.
9.Test duration: About 4 hrs a day for 3 consecutive days
10. Dates: 27th-29th Oct 03 9:30-13:30 1 person 14:00-18:00 1 person
30th Oct 03 - 1st Nov 03 9:30-13:30 1 person 14:00-18:00 1
person
- Times can be different each day

11. Compensation: 10,000 yen per participant per day plus commute fee.

12. Important Notes:
a) Due to the nature of this test it is extremely important that accurate
details of hair length/type are given. If discrepancies between the detail
supplied are evident, no payment will be made
b) .Confidentiality is required and a signed statement to this effect will
be required
c) .Participant and their direct family should not work for or be
otherwise
connected with the following
I) Advertisement,Consulting,Market Research company
ii) Broadcasting TV, News Paper, Magazine and Similar Media
iii) Personal Hygiene Maker , Logistic or Suppliers
d) The day of the test no hair product should be used.

1. The test will take place over three consecutive days, 4 hours each day.
2. The payment is Y10,000 per day, for a total of Y30,000.

If you wish to be considered for this research, please contact back by
email, including the following information.

Name:
Contact details:
Hair Details: Including colour, length, Type (curly, straight etc), style
(permed, dyed etc)
Availability on test date:

Masayuki Saito
CareerCross Japan
Email address: masa.saito@careercross.com

By English Program Manager on Monday, October 6, 2003 - 1:14 pm:

Love kids? ESC seeks native English speaking University graduates or experienced early childhood educator to fill a FT position teaching kindergarten classes in Chiba starting around October 27th. Visa sponsorship and accommodation available.
Email resume to emanager@jacpa.co.jp or fax 042-345-8088 (attn Leon).

By helene on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 1:20 pm:

Private Tutor Wanted
For British Curriculum homework support. 2 times/week after 16:30. Any profile suitable but serious with good child understanding. Hiroo Nisseki Hospital Area. Feel free to introduce to potentially interested person.

By J.Y.Vera on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 1:21 pm:

We are currently looking for Filipinos or other nationalities who posseses solid experience as dressmakers/highspeed sewing machine operators/cutters to make sports wear apparel. For further inquiries, kindly give us a call at
Box Office
Tel: 045-978-1846 /1847
Look for Tina

By mei mei on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 8:58 pm:

Hi, I am looking urgently for a native speaker to teaching English at home for a group of children age from 4 to 7,experience needed.20mins from Takatanobaba.
Pls call 090-6487-4840 or
0424-67-1282

By Stephanie Martin on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 6:11 pm:

Hello,

I may have a possible job for someone starting perhaps next week.

I might have to have knee surgery in Japan and will need someone to help me with my 2.5 year old daughter, my situation is a little complex.

I live in a very small apartment so its not really possible for someone to spend the whole day here looking after my daughter, they would need to take her to the park, childrens halls, or just out for walks.

I would need someone from 9am - 1pm, and then again from 5pm - 9pm. From 9 - 1 I would need her to be taken out, but from 5 - 9 it would be ok to just be at my apartment keeping her occupied with reading, drawing, and playing.

I would also need a little help around the apartment, maybe cooking dinner, and general tidying up.

This could be short term around 3 weeks, or if the operation is a little more complex it could be 6 weeks.

I understand this is short notice and only a short time period for working, with tricky hours, so I am open to any suggestions for wages, please e-mail me if you might be interested, and what sort of wages you would like.

Or if any one has any other suggestions as to what I can do regarding care for my daughter while recovering from the surgery, I would love to hear them.

Thanks
Steph
s_g_martin@lycos.com

PS> please be aware that I might still be going home for the operation, I will find out in the next couple of days hopefully, if I am to have it in Japan, I will have about a weeks notice, maybe two, depending on how soon I can book in for the surgery.

By Stephanie Martin on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 8:26 pm:

Hello,

I thought there might be someone out there with a son that might be able
to apply for this job.

Please don't contact me but contact Ryu (see his details at the bottom)

Thanks
Steph

Good day to you all!

We're now looking for Caucasian male teenager for a potential
regular extra role for TBS show. Please kindly check below for
details and if you are/know a suitable & interested person,
please kindly let us know!

* Show: a variety show on TBS (New Show)
* Content: Extra / Ornamental Role, opening doors, pushing a cart,
drawing a lotto, etc... Can be a constant regular role.
* Required Personnel: Caucasian male teenager who are not
very tall (height under 170cm). either English or Japanese speaking
ability preferred for communication
* Deadline for application: TOMORROW, 24th-July (Sorry...)
* Filming Date: 29th-July (Tue)
* Tentative Filming Hours: T.B.A. but tentatively all day
* Payment: undecided, T.B.A.
* Filming Place: Central Tokyo
* Paper selection & audition is held. Photo (digital or print) required.

This is all the information we have now at the moment. Should you have
any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Thank you and warm regards,

Ryu Yamagishi
OSPlanning Co., Ltd.
Tel: 03-5956-2991
Fax: 03-5956-2950
E-mail: yamagishi@ospweb.com
Web: http://www.ospweb.com

By Ryu Yamagishi on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 8:55 pm:

Wanted: Bus Tour Participants in HIROSHIMA - 17th
of July for a TV show

We have another interesting Bus Tour job opening now for
people in their 40's and up in Hiroshima area. Please kindly check
below for details and if you are/know a interested person, simply
reply stating your/your friend's name, gender, contact #,
nationality & age. It would be a good treat for yourself/your
friend(s). (If you could kindly forward this message to your friend,
please kindly let him/her mention your name when they contact
us.) Sorry, no previous bus tour participants with SmaSTATION
cannot apply for this one...

* Show: SmaSTATION-2 - Special segment studying Japanese
culture from a different perspective together with Bus Tour
participants.
* Theme: Filming a Bus Tour With a Japanese Celebrity
* Date: 17th-July (Thu)
* Hours: T.B.A. but tentatively booking one of the actual whole
day bus tour (from morning till late afternoon)
* Payment to you: JPY10,000 & JPY3,000 for transportation/
meal per day plus free tour (equivalent of 2,000yen)
* Deadline for application: 11th-July
* Content: attending a famous Bus Tour in HIROSHIMA with a
Japanese celebrity, acting as if you're a tourist who just arrived
in Japan . Your job is to enjoy the tour.
* Requirement: Responsible individuals of any nationality besides
Japanese in their 40's, 50's or older, a couple is a big plus, new
to Japan is a plus, inexperienced & not well known persons
preferred, English ability required to communicate with the
celebrity, No Japanese ability required: Japanese cannot be
spoken during the this tour (We're trying to gather 30 people
of many different nationality), cooperative & pleasant personality
preferred, Able to commute to Hiroshima
* No audition is held
* Paper selection might be conducted at the SmaSTATION side,
so please kindly e-mail us your photo with your information or
send it by post to "OSPlanning Co., Ltd. - Attn: Ryu Yamagishi -
Minamiotsuka 3-6-5 2nd Ichikawa Bldg. 4F, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
170-0005".

Should you require any clarifications, please do not hesitate to
contact us!

E-mail: info@ospweb.com
Tel: 03-5956-2991 (Mon thru Fri, ask for Ryu or Keiko)

OSPlanning Co., Ltd.

By Ryu Yamagishi on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 8:53 pm:

Wanted: Bus Tour Participants in OSAKA - 12th & 13th
of July for a TV show

We have another interesting Bus Tour job opening now for
people in their 40's and up in Osaka area. Please kindly check
below for details and if you are/know a interested person, simply
reply stating your/your friend's name, gender, contact #,
nationality & age. It would be a good treat for yourself/your
friend(s). (If you could kindly forward this message to your friend,
please kindly let him/her mention your name when they contact
us.) Sorry, no previous bus tour participants with SmaSTATION
cannot apply for this one...

* Show: SmaSTATION-2 - Special segment studying Japanese
culture from a different perspective together with Bus Tour
participants.
* Theme: Filming a Bus Tour With a Japanese Celebrity
* Date: 12th-July (Sat) AND 13th-July (Sun)
(Filming all day on the 12th and there may be an dditional filming
on the 13th if necessary, so we need you to be able to clear the
said two dates.)
* Hours: T.B.A. but tentatively booking one of the actual whole
day bus tour (from morning till late afternoon)
* Payment to you: JPY10,000 & JPY3,000 for transportation/
meal per day plus free tour (equivalent of 2,000yen)
* Deadline for application: 7th-July
* Content: attending a famous Bus Tour in OSAKA with a
Japanese celebrity, acting as if you're a tourist who just arrived
in Japan . Your job is to enjoy the tour.
* Requirement: Responsible individuals of any nationality besides
Japanese in their 40's, 50's or older, a couple is a big plus, new
to Japan is a plus, inexperienced & not well known persons
preferred, English ability required to communicate with the
celebrity, No Japanese ability required: Japanese cannot be
spoken during the this tour (We're trying to gather 30 people
of many different nationality), cooperative & pleasant personality
preferred, Able to commute to Osaka
* No audition is held
* Paper selection might be conducted at the SmaSTATION side,
so please kindly e-mail us your photo with your information or
send it by post to "OSPlanning Co., Ltd. - Attn: Ryu Yamagishi -
Minamiotsuka 3-6-5 2nd Ichikawa Bldg. 4F, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
170-0005".

contact us!

Tel: 03-5956-2991 (Mon thru Fri, ask for Ryu or Keiko)

OSPlanning Co., Ltd.

By Pato on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 5:44 pm:

The MRI test job, you must be right-handed and they want only "caucasions", (whatever that is).

By Karen on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 1:00 pm:

I participated in this study last week and it was a pretty interesting experience. He only needs about five more volunteers so don't delay in booking an appointment if you want to participate. The doctors that run the research are extremely nice.
We are researching the recognition process of face picture stimulants in the human brain. The study takes about one hour including lying down in the functional MRI tunnel machine (only about twenty minutes), and writing short self-reported questionnaires. If you are interested in the experiment, please call us.

Day and Time: Tuesday 9-17 p.m. Thursday 9-12 a.m.

Place: Musashi Hospital, Kodaira City, Tokyo

Conditions: Right-handed healthy persons with no glasses (contact lenses are O.K.); no panic disorder; no iron materials with/within the body (ex. tattoo etc.)

Payment: 10,000 yen

047-375-4751 komaki@ncnp-k.go.jp
Dr. Komaki, Division of Psychosomatic Research, NIMH, Ichikawa City

By Linda Gondo on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 5:40 pm:

Japanese nanny wanted for two and a half year old girl. Part time. 1500y per hour. 3 mins walk from Harajuku station.Please email family_gondo@yahoo.co.jp

By Karen on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 3:43 pm:

Dear Pat,
Check out the forum archives on Entertainment: Kid Parties. Here is the link to the discussion:
http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/8/676.html
There's also been a discussion on magicians and clowns for hire at:
http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/8/760.html
Hope this helps and I hope your kid has a great birthday party!

By Pam on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 11:06 pm:

I'm a housewife looking for a professional clown to do a show and stay for 2 hours at my son's birthday party. July 6 Sunday in Hachioji. If interested, please e-mail me at baalchini@nifty.com

By Ryu Yamagishi on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 7:43 pm:

I'd like to revise the job date of the below message. It is not held in Oct...

* Date: 11th-Apr AND/OR 12th-Apr, Friday AND/OR Saturday
(Filming all day on the 11th and there may be an
additional filming on the 12th in the morning/early afternoon
if necessary, so we need you to be able to clear the said two
dates.)

Thank you!

By Ryu Yamagishi on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 7:36 pm:

Good day to you all!

We have another interesting Hato Bus Tour job opening now for people
in their late 30's and up in Osaka/Kyoto area. Please kindly check below
for details and if you are/know a interested person, simply e-mail us stating
your/your friend's name, gender, contact #, nationality & age. It would
be a good treat for yourself/your friend(s). (If you could kindly forward
this message to your friend, please kindly let him/her mention your
name when they contact us.)

* Show: SmaSTATION-2 - Special segment studying Japanese culture
from a different perspective together with Hato Bus Tour
participants.
* Theme: Hato Bus Tour With Katori Shingo-san
* Date: 11th-Oct AND/OR 12th-Oct, Friday AND/OR Saturday
(Filming all day on the 11th and there may be an
additional filming on the 12th in the morning/early afternoon
if necessary, so we need you to be able to clear the said two
dates.)
* Hours: T.B.A. but tentatively booking one of the actual whole day bus
tour (from morning till late afternoon)
* Payment: JPY10,000 (JPY11,111 minus 10 %tax) & JPY3,000 for
transportation/meal per day plus free tour: equivalent of
12,000yen
F.Y.I., the transportation from Osaka to Kyoto is JPY540 on
JR Tokaido/Sanyo Honsen Shinkaisoku Line taking about
30 min. Last train from Kyoto to Osaka leaves at 0:37midnight.
* Deadline for application: 9th-Apr, MORNING
* Content: attending a famous Hato Bus Tour in Kyoto as a tourist who
just arrived in Japan with Mr. Shingo Katori of Smap. Your job is to
enjoy the tour. Hato Bus Tour is one of the Tourists' MUST DO's F.Y.I.
* Requirement: People of any nationality besides Japanese
in their late 30's and older, a couple is a big plus, new to Japan
is a plus, inexperienced & not well known persons preferred, English
ability required to communicate with Shingo-san,
No Japanese ability required: Japanese cannot be spoken during the
this tour (We're trying to gather 25 people of many different
nationality), Responsible, cooperative & pleasant persons preferred.
* No audition is held
* Paper selection might be conducted at the SmaSTATION side.
If not, we will book in time order mixing different nationalities.

contact me!

Ryu Yamagishi
OSPlanning Co., Ltd.

By Shinobu Kichise on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 7:48 pm:

Naive English teacher needed for
Japanese kids and mothers.
Wednesday morning,Touyouchou Tozai-Line. Please e-mail to
zip_splash@yahoo.co.jp

By Winnie on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 10:44 pm:

A rush job need a Japanese designer who can lay out a
9-page Japanese document in Quark. They have a template and are doing the same document in English but need someone who can do the Japanese version. This is in Toronto, though I suppose it could be done from anywhere. I'd appreciated hearing from anyone who can do this or knows someone who can.

Please provide the timeline and expected payment in CAN$.
For your info, the usual hour rate will be CAN$50.00 to $70.00

9 pages should take around 9 hours.

Anyone interested, please email me.

Thanks,
Winnie

By Admin on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 11:36 am:

Subject: Patagonia

Dear All,

Sorry for the mass e-mail.
I hope this finds you well and that you are not too affected by the spring allergies!

I am writing to announce that Patagonia Japan has an opening -- the Assistant to the General Manager/Interpreter position. We are looking for someone who is bilingual, can handle all the GM related assistant type work, loves the outdoors, cares about the environment, and is a people-oriented person. Having interpreting skills/ experience is a MAJOR PLUS, but not absolutely necessary.

If any of you are interested or know of anyone who might enjoy working at Patagonia, please please please forward this
e-mail to them and ask them to send me their resumes (both E/J). For questions, please have them contact me at noriko@patagonia.co.jp. We are looking for someone to fill the position relatively soon, so, I would appreciate your help in getting the word out.

By fam on Wednesday, March 5, 2003 - 10:51 pm:

I am looking for a female teacher for my non japanese 4 year old, who is an english speaker and needs to improve conversation and prononciation skills, no reading or writing practise required. Please email me your details

By Ryu Yamagishi on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 11:25 pm:

Good day to you all!

We're urgently seeking people who are in the late 30's and
over to be interviewed by SmaSTATION THIS FRIDAY, 21st,
February. Please kindly check below for details and if you
are/know a interested person, simply reply stating your/your
friend's name, gender, nationality & age. We'd appreciate any
type of help that you can offer us on this....

* Show: SmaSTATION-2 - Special Segment
* Theme: Interviewing 15 Foreign Persons To Ask About Their
Own Culture
* Date: Feb-21st, THIS FRIDAY
* Place: Ark Hills, Roppongi

* Hours: 1 to 2 hours, sometime between 2:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.
(Will be decided shortly...)
* Payment: JPY10,000 (JPY11,111 minus 10 %tax)
* Content: SmaSTATION will ask you a few questions about
your own culture(s) being filmed.
* Requirement: People of any nationality besides Japanese
in their late 30's and older, a couple is a big plus, new to Japan
is a plus, some English ability required to communicate,
No Japanese ability required: Japanese cannot
be spoken during the interview, hopefully NOT those people
who were interviewed on the Hato Bus Tour Shoot (We're trying
to gather 15 people of many different nationality)
* No audition is held
* Paper selection might be conducted at the SmaSTATION side.
If not, we will book in time order mixing different nationalities.

contact me!

Ryu Yamagishi
OSPlanning Co., Ltd.

By Ryu Yamagishi on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 8:36 pm:

Good day to you all!

We're auditioning Russian male & female around 40 years old
for acting roles for SmaCLINIC, SmaSTATION-2, Asahi TV.
Please kindly check below for details and please reply if
you're interested or if you know a interested person.

* Show: SmaCLINIC on SmaSTATION-2 (Asahi TV: Ch.10)

* Content: Filming a short documentary/reproduction of a
Russian couple
* Requirement: Russian male or Russian female, both around
40 years old, must have some acting skills,
experience is a plus
* Shooting Date(s): Feb 25th & 26th, Tue & Wed - can be
finished in one day if filming goes well on the
first day. (Please apply if you're able to clear
the above two dates.) Held in central Tokyo.
* Tentative Audition Date: Feb 20th or 21st, this Thu or Fri
(Please apply even if above AD date does not
work as there might be an option... It usually
takes less than an hour...) @ Ark Hills, Roppongi
* Payment: will be decided as soon as shooting hour is
finalized - F.Y.I., MIN 14,000yen & Up / day

This is all the info we have now but should you require any
clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Ryu Yamagishi
OSPlanning Co., Ltd.

By CMA on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:08 am:

Sorry 2/18 help no longer needed (see my posting below). The shoot was delayed to a day when my husband can accompany me. I may need similar help again in the future if you have a flexible schedule and are interested in earning some extra money. Feel free to email me at balmond@email.msn.com
Thanks.

By CMA on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 11:50 pm:

Help needed 2/18... I urgently need someone to accompany me (American female) and my almost 2 year old twins on a modeling shoot they have been selected to go to this Tuesday 2/18. I don't think I can handle it by myself... we have to leave about 7:00 in the morning and then take a 2 hour bus ride to the shoot location. The shoot is scheduled to take 2-3 hours then there is the 2 hour bus ride home.

I would really like to find someone who has the day free to join/help me. Only thing needed is that you speak English, are hopefully young, energetic, patient, and like children.

I will definitely pay transportation costs (within reason) and will pay more for your time. Like I said... this is urgent since the shoot is TUESDAY 2/18. Please call me at 03-3442-5022 (can call between 7:30am and 10pm) as soon as possible if you are interested and for more information. I live in Minami-Azabu near Arisugawa Park and would most likely ask you to meet me at my apartment.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

By Stephanie Martin on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 7:54 pm:

Another job offer from Ryu at OSP. Please reply to the e-mail address at the bottom if you are interested.

Thanks
Steph

Hello, ladies!

We have an opening for Japanese speaking Caucasian ladies for
below position. If you're interested or know a interested person,
please kindly reply by Wednesday! (12th-Feb)

* Position: Promotion Lady/Demonstrator/Narrator
* Event: IH Cooking Stove Promotion/Demonstration (Imported
from France) at a major department store in Tokyo
& Osaka
* Tentative Date: One day in Mid-May in Tokyo & one day in
End-May in Osaka (to be announced as soon as finalized
to potential candidates)
* Hours: Undecided yet but should not extend to more than 8 hrs
* Requirement: able to narrate in Japanese (does not have to
be perfect but must be able to memorize some script),
cheerful/outgoing personality, basic cooking skills,
25ish years old to 40ish years old, experience in
speaking/narrating or interpretation job is a plus
(If you have not submitted your photo to us, please e-mail
us!)
* Payment: JPY20,000 minus 10% tax = JPY18,000
* Transportation: round trip btw Tokyo & Osaka provided
(Transportation within Tokyo area, not provided)
* If required to stay one night in Osaka, accommodation provided
* Process: basically will be selected by paper selection, a meeting
might be held upon client's request

This is the info we have now at the moment, so if you're interested
in the job content on this condition, please reply! Should you have
any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ryu Yamagishi
OSPlanning Co., Ltd.

By MK on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 9:42 pm:

Looking for a part time job in tokyo, starting April. Possibly in customer service related job or helping in kindergarten and Pre-School.
28 yrs old Japanese. Speak Japanese, english, french, thai and a little bit of spanish. Have a 3 years old child.
Lived abroad for a long time and moving back to Japan mid march.
Please email me
vativa70@hotmail.com

By Hisako Ikeda on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 12:45 pm:

PRE-SCHOOL teacher wanted! Must be a NATIVE English speaker and have had experience working with toddlers/children (ages 2-6). Part-time only, best if able to work on weekends.

For further information call HISAKO at

045-650-4388
OR
E-mail: hisako@dj8.so-net.ne.jp

Yokohama Park Avenue Pre-School
52 Nihon Oodoori
Naka-ku, Yokohama 231-0021

By Stephanie Martin on Wednesday, November 6, 2002 - 12:45 pm:

Hi, I am registerd with this promotions company that is looking for a boy and girl to do a TV segment tomorrow. See below, thanks, Steph

Good day to you all!

We're urgently looking for Caucasian boy & girl for video
shooting a scene for SmaClinic of SmaSTATION-2. Please
check below for detail and revert to us if you know suitable
personnel. As per kid selected & introduced, we will pay
you 1,000yen commission.

---------------------------------------------------

* Program: SmaCLINIC - SmaSTATION-2
(segment discussing on medical treatment problems)
* Shooting Schedule: 7th-Nov (Thu)
(1) Boy: 9:30a.m. - 3:30p.m.
(2) Girl: 1:00p.m. - 3:30p.m.
* Payment: (1) Boy: 15,000yen(tax included)
(2) Girl: 10,000yen(tax included)
* Place: (1) Boy: Shinjuku & Ikebukuro
(2) Girl: Ikebukuro only
* Content: Shooting a scene reproducing a medical incident
happened to 7 year old boy, Ben Calve (not sure
about the spelling....), in the U.S. Will be shooting a
surgery scene with below casts
* Cast needed & requirements:
(1). Ben: Caucasian boy, approximately 7 y.o.
with light brown hair to blonde
(2). Ben's Sister: Caucasian girl, around 8 - 15 y.o.
* Not many lines to speak but some acting skills required
* Process: Please reply to this e-mail if you know someone
suitable providing his/her responsible person's
contact info (tel #). Then we will send his/her profile
to Asahi TV for their selection. Please have an
availability of digital photo if possible!

Contact Person:

Ryu Yamagishi @ 03-5956-2991 or 090-8354-3645
@ yamagishi@ospweb.com
(in English or Japanese)

Further info will be announced to the casts as soon as it
becomes available.

Ryu Yamagishi
OSPlanning Co., Ltd.

By Robyn Mukae on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 9:23 pm:

Foreign Executive Women of Japan's 12th Career Strategies Seminar
Temple University Japan
Saturday, November 23
Time: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

FEW is a non-profit organization whose aim is to help foreign women in Japan achieve their full professional and personal potential. The Career Strategies Seminar is by foreign women for foreign women seeking to establish or enhance a rewarding career in Japan. Come be inspired by lectures by foreign professional women who have made their mark in the Japanese business world and flex your own career management muscles in the hands-on workshops.

For information and to register: email: fewcss2002@yahoo.com, visit http://www.fewjapan.com or call 03-3443-6808.

By Karen on Wednesday, October 2, 2002 - 7:27 pm:

Showa English School - in Showa, Saitama (next to Kasukabe City) - is looking for a foreign female English teacher for children on Friday and Saturday afternoon. This position is available immediately! Please contact Mrs. Watanabe if you are interested at 048-745-2233.

This position has not been advertised yet, they contacted me privately. Contact them soon if you're interested.

Good luck!

Karen

By susie flores ranalan on Wednesday, October 2, 2002 - 3:03 pm:

i am a filipina caregiver looking for a job in different country . if you are interested please dont hesitate to drop a line on my email address. suepisces20@yahoo.com

By Natasha on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 6:37 pm:

Seeking a full-time English teaching job in Japan (for a
woman or a couple) any location?
Check out the following:
http://kiccworld.com/www-jobcontract/
Click on the "Latest ad" link on the left navigation bar to get more info.

By Kevin wright on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 2:02 pm:

One of the largest market research companies in Japan, is looking for a selection of non Asian foreigners currently living in Japan, who would be prepared to participate in various market research campaigns on an ongoing basis. Relevant individuals will be paid for their time and/or opinion, depending on the project.

Both men and women may be asked to participate, depending on the project. Please fill out the form below accurately in order to be chosen for the right project and to be paid accordingly.

Current Project: A large Japanese mobile phone manufacturer, wishes to conduct a survey with men and women. The survey will be held on Saturday September 7th and Sunday September 8th in central Tokyo and will take approx 30 minutes.

How to Apply : Marketing Research

By Alex on Monday, August 5, 2002 - 8:15 am:

I am looking for someone in the special ed field with knowledge and experience in ABA and PECS to provide one on one home program for an autistic child. 10 hours weekly, 2,500 yen per hour. Anyone interested please send email to ieptokyo@yahoo.com.

By Karen on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 7:18 pm:

This would be a great job for a parent at home. Finally put your Japanese skills to good use!! Please contact the company directly; I don't work for them (though I'll vouch for the fact that they seem very friendly).

Report International - Freelance Media Analysis
Reading Japanese media titles; selecting relevant articles and summarising and analysing them in English. Working from home 4 hours a day with strict daily deadlines. Approximately 2000 yen/hour. PC with e-mail and some understanding of technical terminology required. 100% reliability needed. E-mail your CV to nadin@reportinternational.com

By Natasha on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 6:36 am:

Seeking attractive woman between 20 and 25 to sing on TV. Call Ms. Sachiko Murata at 090-3332-8250

By shumshad on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 2:30 am:

hai everyone .anyone tell me how can i find a job in tokyo
iam 22 years(female)willing to work any where pls infoam me-
ssfmrs@hotmail.com

By Megumi Yamamoto on Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 5:33 pm:

We are looking for two kids who can be model for catalogue.
The photos will be only used for promotion or advertisement of the Japanese companies of Camera or lens maker like Canon.
Brother and sister are much better(5 to 9 years old)
Estudio Gu
mobile : 090-9245-2231

By fathima shumshad mohamed on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 3:06 pm:

srilankan female (22),speaks english holds a diploma in pre-school seeking part/full time work.preschool,kindergarden
daycare,babysitting and also tutoring under 10years contact-ssfmrs@hotmail.com

By Irena Dean on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 3:37 pm:

Part time housekeeper is needed. Work once a week 3-4 hours. A house located near to Ueno St. Please contact me by e-mail.

By mahesh on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 10:09 pm:

Looking for car driving teacher. Myself and my wife, we are having IDP, but need some practice. I can speak Japanese/English. We are also interested in making Friendship with Japanese Family. Please send me e-mail. mahesh_575@yahoo.com

By Admin on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 11:57 pm:

THIS JOB HAS BEEN FILLED 27 May 2002 -- THANK YOU

West Tokyo Preschool needs to fill the Head Teacher Position to start on 1 September 2002:

Requirements:
Native English speaker
Early Childhood Development/Education degree
Sponsorship possible.
Interviewing to be concluded by 15 June or earlier if possible.

Please fax or mail resume to:
West Tokyo Preschool
2-5-5 Tama-cho, Fuchu, Tokyo 183-0002
Tel/fax: 0423-63-8419
Stephanie Kadowaki, Administrator

By Arlene Ogata on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 11:03 pm:

Hello there! I'm in need of a baby sitter for my 2yr.4mos.old daughter starting in August. It's just for about 2hrs 3times a week. The job is to pick up my daughter from school and bring her home and just wait for my arrival. I will pay for the fare expense of course. I pay for 800 yen/hr but will surely increase in three months if you're good.

If you're interested or if you want to know more about the details, please email me at rikapyong@yahoo.com. The applicant should be fluent in English, friendly, cheerful and caring for children. He/she should be residing somewhere in Nakano or in Harajuku area. Those who are interested, pls.email me ASAP. Thanks a lot!

By Cali Gregory on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 4:17 pm:

I am looking for a Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy or Recreational Therapy student who is English speaking to come to my home to play/work with my 5.5 year old daughter a couple of hours a week. This would begin after June 12 and be an indefinite position. Salary is negotiable. References needed. Please contact by email for more details. gregorys@bg.wakwak.com

By Karen Kondo on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 1:57 pm:

ALC Education Inc., Yokohama Branch is recruiting experienced teachers for part time evening corporate classes.

Companies are located in ** Odawara ** Fujisawa ** Musashi Kosugi ** Aiko Ishida.

Applicants should reside in Kanagawa and have their own
visa and business teaching experience.

Competitive rates, transportation and completion bonus.

Please e-mail your resume to karenk@alc.co.jp or fax to 045 317 7938.

By Karen on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 1:06 pm:

Just passing this along....

Here are the details:

* Full-time, in-house editor at a huge American
manufacturing company's Japanese division. You
will be rewriting all types of business documents
destined for all parts of the world.

* 100% American English (client's demand and isn't
negotiable). The editor must also be a simple English
advocate or a willing convert. See this page for some
info on the topic: http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/
(And yes, I have noticed the contradiction in asking for
American English and referencing a British web page.)

* No Japanese language required. (We'd actually prefer it
if the editor wouldn't speak Japanese. If they do speak
it, we'd want them to hide it or the position will turn
into a translation desk, which is not the client's goal.)

* 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday

* Starting date: sometime in June--we're somewhat
flexible.

Shintamagawa Line)

* Computer skills required:
- Windows OS (in English)
- Word
- PowerPoint
- Excel
- FileMaker Pro (a plus)
- LotusNotes (intranet e-mail system)
- Internet E-mail

* We're willing to hire someone with little experience,
but you must have a very strong English writing
background. Business experience is a plus.

To apply, please send a resume in the body of an e-mail (no
attachments) along with a cover letter and salary requirements to
recruiter@eight13.com.

Thanks,
Rod
--
Rod Holmes
Eight13 LLC
p/f: +81.3.3708.7240
e: rod@eight13.com
w: http://www.eight13.com

By Nina on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 2:22 pm:

Hi! I'm looking for a library position in Tokyo. I majored in Library Science and Education minor in English back in college. I have a some MA units of Library Science. Furthermore, I have extensive experience working in school libraries. If you know any job opening in this field, please e-mail me at ninacordon@hotmail.com Thank you!

By Karen on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 1:36 am:

Just passing this on...unfortunately I don't qualify...

Attention expats. Are you proud of your beautiful home? Would you enjoy seeing your apartment, mansion or house in a TV commercial or movie? If your home is 85 sq m/800 sq ft plus, please call 090-8431-8977.

By Sahira Iqbal on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 10:47 am:

Komazawa Park International Preschool/Kindergarten is looking for a HEAD CLASSROOM TEACHER for 3 - 5/6 year-olds starting May 2002.

Candidates must be qualified in Early Childhood Education and have sufficient experience with 2 - 6 year-olds in a preschool/kindergarten setting.
Serious and responsible individual sought.
Salary depends on qualification and experience
Preferably someone residing in Japan and can make a commitment for more than a year.

Fax/e-mail resume and other relevant documents to
03-5707-0979 or kpip@nn.iij4u.or.jp

By Lalit Choraria on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 5:25 am:

I am 37 years old collage graduate from Sikkim, India looking for a suitable assisgnment for work anywhere in Japan on fulltime. I am proficient in English Office correspondence and accounts and administration as well as english teaching to kids. Also have Computer skills.
Looking forward for offers that can sponsor my Working Visa.
Please reply to:
Magicway71@hotmail.com

By Karen on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 3:17 pm:

Forwarding this..
Teaching/Marketing Position

Aim English School, is looking to hire full time and part time native
English Instructors.

Both positions require English teaching experience and offer an exciting
opportunity to be a part of the School's development and marketing
activities. Japanese ability would be preferable.

Aim is conveniently located in Yoyogi, less than 1 minute from the JR
Yamamote Line and Oedo Line stations.

Please send your resume and cover letter to info@aimltd.co.jp or Fax
03-5304-7801.

By Karen on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 7:22 pm:

I came across this today. I don't know how old it is. Shows start on April 5th. Might be interesting (and a great way to meet Shingo!)..

Karen

Caucasian Children TV Extras Wanted For SmaSTATION!!

Are you interested to put your kids on TV? Urgently seeking Caucasian 4 - 8 year old boys & girls to appear on "SmaSTATION!! - Asahi TV" starting on April 5th. It's a very fun show hosted by Shingo Katori of SMAP!!!

Please contact Ryu Yamagishi for more details either in English or Japanese at 03-5956-2991 / 090-8354-3645 or e-mail: yamagishi@ospweb.com

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/broadcast/ss/
Email: yamagishi@ospweb.com

By Admin on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 9:59 am:

Game Testers Wanted

Type: Full to Part-Time/Temporary
Company: KOEI Co., Ltd.

Job Description: Test-play French and German versions of one of our upcoming titles and look for errors in the written text, spoken audio and actual game-play. Light translation may be involved.
Qualifications: Native French or German speaker. Conversational level English or Japanese also necessary (to communicate with staff).
Experience or interest in playing video games helpful. Proper visa required. ­ Must at least possess student visa that would allow candidate to work 21+ hours/week.
Period of work: 2 week period from Monday, April 1st 2002 to Friday, April 12th 2002.
Hours: Negotiable, but generally Monday to Friday, 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
(1 hour lunch break = 7 hours total work hours/day). Candidates must be available for at least 4 days a week. Overtime hours also negotiable.
Wages: Y1100 per hour. Overtime pay is hourly wage x 1.25 = Y1375 per hour. Transportation expenses paid to and from workplace. Wages and expenses are paid on the 25th of the following month of the work period.
Work Location: KOEI head office. 5 minutes from Hiyoshi Station on the Tokyu Toyoko Line(Yokohama area).

Interested candidates should contact Robin Kodaira at
Kodaira@koei.co.jp or call (045) 565-3161 and ask for Robin to set up an interview.

By Karyn Robson on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 8:41 pm:

NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHER NEEDED:

A friend of mine is looking for someone to teach in her school. The school is on the Chiyoda line. The classes are in the evening. You will be teaching both children (lower elementary and toddler playgroup) and adults. Materials and curriculum are provided. Classes usually begin around 3:30 and may run until 9:00 depending upon the day of the week.

For more information please email
kar3212@yahoo.com

By Eri Takeyama on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 3:36 am:

Part-Time English Teacher for Young Children
We are looking for Native English Teachers for a new international pre-school in Nerima-ku, Tokyo ( Nerima Station of Seibu Ikebukuro Line), opening 1st Sept, 2002.
We need chearful and friendly teachers to conduct creative classes in English, including phonics, songs, and craft activities. The hours are from 10:00 - 14:00 or 15:00-18:00 Mon - Fri.
Having teaching experience is preferred.2000-2600yen /h(depending on numbers of students)
House wife or no experience also wellcome as an assistant.
1000yen/h.
Please contact for more details.
03-3557-3727
takeyama@dearmarks.com
Erin Takeyama

By Karen Kondo on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 3:45 pm:

Part-time Teacher
ALC Education Inc., Yokohama has a part time vacancy at a senior high school
in Yokosuka, near to JR Kinugasa Station (Yokosuka Line).The teacher will
mainly teach first year students, alone, for approximately 18 hours a week.
A valid visa and experience are required. Please only apply if you live
within one hour (i.e in the Yokohama area). Please send resume and cover
letter by fax 045-317-7938 or e-mail: karenk@alc.co.jp
Karen Kondo
Senior Corporate Consultant
ALC Education Inc., Yokohama
Tel: 045-317 7935

By Katrina Bartolata on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 4:22 pm:

Hi! Are you in need of an ENGLISH TUTOR for your child? Then you've found her! I am Trina Bartolata, currently working as a Head Teacher in an international school in the Setagaya Area. I am usually off by 4PM and also whole day during weekends. I am available for tutoring any kind of subject matter. I have also experience in teaching ESL (English as a Sencondary Language), especially for preschool children.

If interested, please contact me through my cellphone: 090-6032-2023, or through my home number: 03-5314-2578. You may also email me through: kbartolata@yahoo.com.

Tutoring can be done in my home (convenient for those living in Setagaya-ku), but I am also willing to travel to your house. Hope to hear from you soon.

By Mohammed Siraj uddin on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 4:03 am:

HONARABLE SIR.

I, Mohammed siraj uddin, age 45 years, an Indian citizen, life member of red-cross society Hyderabad branch and registered volunteer in IYV2001 of united nations volunteers programme. I am propagating anti tobacco, drug abuse and AIDS awareness among school students and addicted youth, through displaying posters of cancer effected persons, distributing pamphlets and oral talks on voluntery basis from last 4 years in Hyderabad and surrounding cities.

Though I could have registered a voluntery organisation to manage and mis-manage the same and enter the NGO world, but I am allergic to go in the name of charity to fullfil personal financial needs and also hate to spend luxurious life at the expence of other people's sufferings.

From last few months I am observing and studying through media and inter-net the social situation of japanese youth regarding usage of tobacco tobacco and drug abuse, I felt that there is an urgent need of real volunteers to work dedicatedly in the same field.

Through this message I request the managements of corporates and all the social consious japanese emlpoyers to provide me a job, (of any least catagory) in your organisation, So that while fullfiling the financial needs I can propagate the above causes among japanese youth. Even after attending the job, I vow that I could dedicate 3 to 4 hours daily and full time on holidays to propagate the said causes among students, youth and addicts.

On receipt of your positive reply, I would send my bio-data and details of the programms I have already conducted.

Awaiting for your possitive and early responce.

Your's Sincerely, Mohammed Siraj uddin

Email: sirajm123@rediffmail.com or no2tobacco_drugs@yahoo.co.in

By Username on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 12:37 am:

Marinerblue.com presents the Professional guide to Acting in Tokyo. For the complete details, please visit:
http://marinerblue.com/acting

By Ellen Motohashi on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 12:24 am:

In need of native speaking educator for a new international preschool opening in Kichijoji, Musashino-shi. This a wonderful opportunity for a teacher trained in early childhood education to become involved at the ground level in working to establish an English language content-based curriculum.
Experience in ESL is not required but would be helpful.
More importantly is the desire to work in an atmosphere that will enhance the natural creativity and curiousity of young children through child-centered activities, drama, music and art.

Please contact Ellen Motohashi for more details at (0422)21-6557 or (0422)21-7057

By CaribbeanMom on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 4:49 am:

The MOM Team is looking for moms and dads in Japan who would like to have a wonderful home based business in Japan with an International, 16 year old company. If you would like to have a home based business that you can try out for 3 months with 100% guarantees.....with the option of doing your business online...with full training and support from our wonderful team please visit our website... http://roxanne.themomteam.com

By Takako Iimori on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 4:53 pm:

We are seeking native and Japanese English instructors who are living in Kohriyama-city (Fukushima-pref) for company's classes. Please contact me for more information.

By parent on Saturday, January 5, 2002 - 9:04 am:

Need sitter on Mon, Tues, Wed evenings from 6:30-9:30 pm for 5 year old child near Kasai (Tozai Line). Student OK. English not essential . Please email Jun799@netscape.net or phone 090-3241-6602 .

By C B on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 2:20 pm:

A friend of mine who runs a small English School in Ninomiya in Kanagawa prefecture (between Odawara and Fujisawa on the Tokaido line) is looking for someone to teach in her school. The website of the school is http://www.e-4u.co.jp/. She is a very reliable and responsible employer and a lovely person, too. If you are interested, please contact the school directly.
Email: info@e-4u.co.jp

By sherry ha on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 10:46 am:

We are looking for a native English teacher for our classes. We pay JPY4,000/hour. Initially it will be 2 hrs a week starting Feb 02. The classes will be held in Myogandani, 2 stops away from Ikebukuro on subway Marunouchi line. If you are interested, pls call Sherry 090-98190460 or Karoi 090-60479910.

By Lea on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 6:44 am:

FABULOUS opportunity in the countryside near Narita City. Excellent wage for someone who has experience teaching children. Part-time or full-time.
Also, the possibility of a very nice 2-story house in a quiet, serene neighbourhood. Reasonable rent and the classroom is seconds away. The job is best suited to those with energy and imagination. Must already
possess a valid visa. Fax resume to 0476-97-7004 or email
chocolateparkjapan@hotmail.com

By Teacher on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 1:22 am:

Native english teacher wanted in
Shiroganedai at an insurance company. Once a week from 8-9am, day of the week is flexible but preferably Mondays. Also Wednesdays from 6-7pm. For more
information, please
email genki@eurosport.com

By Takako Iimori on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 1:11 pm:

NATIVE ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR(S) WANTED for Komatsu Ltd. at Tameike-sanno(Ginza line), Tokyo. Tuesday thru Friday:8:30-9:55 am/Tuesday thru Thursday:6:15-7:40 pm.(or any 2days of the week) starting January 7th. 7,600 yen per lesson (Incl.10% tax)+transportation. College Degree, Proper Visa Required. Comprehensive teaching manuals provided. Send Resume with photo/photocopy of visa/Note mentioning your desired position availability by mail(not e-mail) by December 17th./ Mr.S.Hayashi, KSB, Komatsu Bldg.2-3-6 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8414

By Matt on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 1:45 am:

For the complete guide to Acting and Modeling jobs in Tokyo, check out
www.vitaquality.com/acting

By Betty on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 7:34 am:

Temple U looking for someone to teach Financial Planning

Sharon Rasul, who runs the Executive MBA program at Temple University (located in Azabu Juban, Tokyo) is looking for someone to teach a financial planning course. If you are interested, please e-mail me directly for more information.
alexis.alvarez@morganstanley.com

By Betty on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 3:24 pm:

Another place to post jobs offered http://www.jobseekjapan.com

relatively new, not sure how helpful it will be

By John Bayles on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 8:16 am:

Tengu Natural Foods a organic food home delivery service needs a warehouse and retail order packing person.
Open to anyone, as long as they have a "basic understanding of simple Japanese. We had a home schooler years ago working for us and we look back on it very positively.

We are on the Seibu line an hour from Tokyo or a half hour from Kawagoe.

Could be a 3-5 day a week job. If the person was a school leaver already then job could be five day week.  Check out Tengu at http://www.tengufoods.com
or contact Jack Bayles at
0429-82-4811 or at alishanj@gol.com

Tengu Natural Foods,
Komahongo 185-2, Hidaka-shi, Saitama-ken 350-1251

By Matthew Parr on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 5:41 pm:

Trumpet/Brass teacher WANTED for work with small groups of International students at a school in Yokohama. Lessons will begin in September at a rate of 5,000 Yen per hour. Teacher will be required for one afternoon a week (3.00-6.00pm) in the first instance. Email matparr[at]email.com if interested.

By KONDO on Saturday, July 10, 1999 - 12:37 am:

NATIVE english speaker wanted for part time positions, A desire and ability to teach english to children at our small Montessori shool in Yokohama, classes starts on September
3.000 yen / hour, plus transportation reimbursement
House wife with little or no experiences also welcome,
Call Mrs.Kondo at (045)341.6267 or email : hok[at]bigfoot.com