Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Good Physiotherapists

Japan With Kids - Forums: Health Topics: Good Physiotherapists
By Juliana Davies on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 11:17 am:

Can anyone recommend a good English speaking Physiotherapist? I have put my back out and am desparate!

thanks

By Natalie on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 11:51 am:

I posted the information you are seeking on this site in October 2002. Hope you get better soon.

By Natalie B on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 10:11 am:
A few years back I went to Dr. Kazuhiko Suto in Motoazabu. He studied in the US (I think Chicago) and he speaks English well. His clinic is called Holistic Chiropractic Center
3-6-19 Motoazabu, Minato
03-3402-1654 (open 9-7pm Tue-Sat).

I also went to a massage therapist. I highly recommend Hiroko Yanagida. She studied neuromuscular therapy in California before moving back to Tokyo. She is at;
5-18-19-608
Roppongi, Minato
03-3584-7670.
Her place is on the 6th floor above Zest Mexican Restaurant on Gaien Higashi Dori(about a 7 minute walk from Roppongi Station).

I also recommend an acupuncturist/massage therapist in Roppongi.
Azabu Roppongi Oriental Therapy Studio
5-18-20 Roppongi, Five Bldg, 3F
03-3586-1329 (open 9-9pm).
http://www.egbok-massage.com/

Here is list of different massage clinics in your area.
http://www.metropolis.co.jp/HealthandBeauty/381/healthandbeautyinc.htm

By Suzanne on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 11:25 pm:

Juliana,

Sorry I'm so late in replying, I'm out of the country at the moment.

I went to a great Physio Therapist. They are Australian and really helped my back. I saw Beven, but I've heard good things about the other therapists there.

You can find them online at www.tokyophysio.com or call them at Tel: (03) 3443-6769 Fax: (03) 3443-6762

They are about a 5 minute walk from the Hiroo station on the Hibyia line.

Suzanne

By SAW on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 12:19 am:

Another great option for you is to see Mari Gish at the Tokyo Clinic Rehabilitation Office located near Hiroo (03-3446-1682). Mari is the only physiotherapist catering to the foreign community who is licensed and insured here in Japan (as well as the US). She has been practicing here for over 10 years and has a long history of providing excellent treatment for her patients. She has helped me on a number of occasions, and I highly recommend her.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: