Help
Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Alternative Medicine (Chinese, Herbal, Homeopathic, etc.)

Japan With Kids - Forums: Health Topics: Alternative Medicine (Chinese, Herbal, Homeopathic, etc.)

Related discussion is at Shopping in Japan: Herbal Medicines/Remedies http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/333/540.html
By Patrice Lancien on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 11:17 pm:

After dealing with the US and the UK for homeopathic items I found that I highly recommend Helios. They are prompt, fair priced, have good communication, and just out service the other places as far as selection.

http://www.helios.co.uk/

As for herbal and even mineral, vitamins, etc. I use Emerson Labs. They have a wide selection, deliver in Japan by express mail, and offer products for those with allergies like gluten, corn, casein, etc. They are not cheap, but again I feel comfortable recommending them.

http://www.emersonecologics.com/

By Cornelia on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 3:22 pm:

I had to type this up for a friend in the USA (copied off the package), so I thought I'd share it here as well. This is a highly popular over the counter treatment for bowel problems. The secondary usage for tooth decay pain is interesting. Comes in an orange box with a red trumpet logo. There is also another cheaper brand that is presumably the same (also in an orange box).

Seirogan gastrointestinal pills --
composition per 9 pills:
wood creosote 400mg
Powdered Gambir 200mg
Powdered Phellodendron Bark 300mg
Powdered Glycymrrhiza 150mg
Powdered Citrus Unshiu Peel 300mg

Indications:
Diarrhea, Diarrhea due to indigestion, Food poisoning, Vomiting and purging, Water poisoning, Loose bowels, Soft stool, Pain caused by dental caries.
Dosage:
Take orally the following dose 3 times a day after meal:
15 years and over: 3 pills
11-14 years: 2 pills
8-10 years: 1.5 pills
5-7 years: 1 pill
For pain caused by dental caries, fill dental cavity with .5 - 1 pill.

By Sraboni Dutta on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 11:25 am:

Hello,
Of late, I am hearing one term quite often - "Kanpo Medicine" . Could anybody throw some light here - what exactly is Kanpo medicine, where from can I buy it and also how can I find a kanpo practitioner?
Regards, Sraboni

By Scott Hancock on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 10:28 pm:

Doing a Goolge on "kanpo medicine", you can see many hits leading to information. "Kanpo" seems to be the Japanese term for Chinese herbal medicine.

I had been wondering about this term, too because there is a large shop/center for kanpo medicine near Shinagawa station; on the big road that runs in front of it, maybe 2-300 meters away from the station in the direction of Shinbashi. Same side of the street. Sign on the shop is in big English, so easy to find.

By Linda Gondo on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 10:31 pm:

Regarding the earlier posts about kanpo. Yes "kanpo" literally means Chinese medicine in Japanese. The main difference between kanpo and that used in China is that kanpo uses fewer drugs. Our family's experience with kanpo has been extremely positive. My father-in-law, a diabetic for years, no longer needs to take his diabetic medication and only needs to takes kanpo medicine. My husband had a annoying persistent cough that just would not go away for months and months and had tried everything including antibiotics and allergy tests to no avail. Since he has been taking his kanpo medication he is more or less cough free, he has however noticed that it tends to comes back if he doesn't take his medicine.
My father-in-law goes to Otsuka Hospital (Tokyo Toritsu Otsuka Byoin) which is located in Minami-Otsuka Toshima-ku.PH 3941-3211.There are doctors there (two I think) who are regular medical doctors, as well as being qualified kanpo practitioners. Medication is very reasonably priced.
In contrast, my husband went to the big kanpo "shop" on Aoyama dori near Bell Commons and while he was accurately diagnosed, was made to pay a fortune. He was also not that impressed with the service. When my husband's medication ran out, he was able to get the exactly the same medication for about half the
price at a pharamcy in Shibuya (sorry I don't know the name.)

There are many listings for kanpo medicine practioners and kanpo pharmacies in the Japan Health Handbook.

By Cornelia on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 12:17 pm:

Chinese Medicine in English:
I personally have not been but have received a good recommendation.

Manomedica
Shirokane 1-28-9, Shimizu Building 501, Minato-Ku Tokyo 108-0072
Tel: 03-3441-7789
http://www.manomedica.com/contact/index.html
Located in front of exit #3 at Shirokane-Takanawa station (2 stops on the subway from either Meguro or Roppongi) on the Namboku and Mita lines

Chiropracty, manual and herbal therapy (Chinese medicine), Crainopathy available.
English, Japanese, French (and Dutch?)

Also, I think there might be a 15% discount available on the initial evaluation if you read about it on the Tokyo American Club website.

By Momof1 on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 7:40 am:

Can anyone recommend an acupuncturist and/or an herbalist in Tokyo specializing in fertility/reproductive health and women's health? Many thanks.

By Von Nguyen on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 8:02 am:

Hello,
I was actually considering taking some Chinese herbs for fertility as my cycle is very irregular. My mother's good friend is a Chinese herbalist and recommended something for me. It is a very light version to regulate one's menstrual cycle. I, luckily, got pregnant before I even trying them so if anyone is interested, you can
have them. They are still boxed and with instructions.
V. Nguyen

By Rebecca Feyrer on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:23 pm:

I know a wonderful acupuncturist near the Meguro station (Tokyo, Yamanote line). Yuko Sugeta does a lot of work with infertility. Her english is wonderful, and she is very caring.
Shirokanedai Sugeta Acupuncture Clinic
Tel: 03-3447-4189
Daigo-Matsushima Bld.101, 3-17-2 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0071
http://www.geocities.jp/sugeta4189/english.htm

By Admin on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 9:26 pm:

4 March EVENT - Tengu Natural Foods and the Alishan Organic Center
Komahongo 185-2 , Hidaka-shi, Saitama-ken, Japan 350-1251
cafe tel: 042-982-4823 office tel: 0429-82-4811 fax: 0429-82-4813
email: work bayles[at]alishan.jp
http://www.alishan-organic-center.com
Hi,
I hope all of you are fine. We have been finishing off the second floor of our second barn and will have our first seminar in the new event space (80 sq m.). So busy finishing the space we have been slow to promote our first seminar there. This weekend on Saturday March 4th we are offering a seminar by a Japanese Chiropractor and a Indo-Japanese spice professional. The two will lead a seminar on body type from their distinct perspectives.

Before lunch we will discuss:
Knowing your body and what body type you are from a chiropractic view.
Given that type how to better choose exercises and stretches to maintain a balanced body

We will break for a special veg plate lunch served at the Alishan Cafe.

In the afternoon:
From an aryuvedic perspective what type of spices are suitable for each body type. Characteristics and usage of spices. How cinanmon, chillies, vanilla etc affect the body. Experiment on making spice teas for different bodies, especally your body type.

The cost is 4,500 which includes lunch. I feel this event is one of the best we have offered. Though it is being billed as a Japanese language based seminar one of the teachers is bilingual. Also much of the seminar will be body work centered where verbal is secondary. I urge you to consider the event and also tell anyone you feel might be interested. This Saturday from 11 to 3:30
Thanks, Jack Bayles

By A.Roy on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 6:12 pm:

Can anyone recommend of any good TCM (Traditional chinese medicine) practitioner specializing in frtility treatment in tokyo. Also is there some place where I can get chinese herbs for fertility in tokyo. Thanks

By Fakedoc on Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 8:02 am:

Purchase real and Novelty Passports,id cards,visas,drivers license ,Permits for all countries

Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need work papers ? do you want travel ? do you need papers you cant have

?if yes , then you are in the right place at the right time

We are an independent group of specialized IT professionals and data base technicians who are specialized in the production of quality documents such as passports,drivers license,id cards,stamps,visas,diplomas of very high quality and other products for all countries: USA, Australia,UK, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italian, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, ETC. To get the additional information and place the order just contact us via email or Skype.

Contact ( fake.doc.experts100@gmail.com )

General Support : ( fake.doc.experts100@gmail.com )

Skype Name : ( fake.doc.experts100 )
----------------
Canada Cards
United States Cards
Student Cards
International Cards
Private Cards
Adoption Certificates
Baptism Certificates
Birth Certificates
Death Certificates
Divorce Certificates
Marriage Certificates
Custom Certificates
High School Diplomas
G.E.D. Diplomas
Home School Diplomas
College Degrees
University Degrees
Trade Skill Certificates
Social Security
Validate SSN Number
Driver License Search
Spy Products
Voice Changers
Listening Devices
Invisible Ink
DMV Record Inquiry
Background Check
Investigate Anyone
Passports of any country

Contact ( fake.doc.experts100@gmail.com )

General Support : ( fake.doc.experts100@gmail.com )

Skype Name : ( fake.doc.experts100 )

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: