Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

MRI Scan

Japan With Kids - Forums: Health Topics: MRI Scan
By Annmaree & Owen on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 5:48 pm:

Does anyone know how I would get an MRI scan on my knee? My Aussie doctor needs it when I get back so I can get quicktime knee surgery (sorry, just prefer to get my treatment back home rather than here). If I could organise this bit it will save me time in Australia. Any advice appreciated.

By Karen on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:32 am:

Just to clarify, you want an MRI scan on your knee done here so you can take the results back to your doctor in Australia?

Do you have Japanese National Health Insurance or some other type of health coverage?

Karen

By Annmaree & Owen on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

Hi Karen,

Yes, exactly as you stated. I only have a few days in Australia so I am trying to make sure I have any prelims done so the orthopod can diagnose asap and put me under the knife (if that is the outcome).

I have company-provided health cover.

Regards,

By Karen on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

I'd visit a doctor here and have an MRI arranged. They can fax your results to your doctor in Australia.

Dr. Leo King is a surgeon/physician who works in Harajuku. He'd probably be able to figure something out for you or give you a referral to a hospital. He's great at "thinking outside the box", an ability that most doctors here are sorrily lacking in.

The King Clinic
Tel: 03-3409-0764/3400-7522
http://member.nifty.ne.jp/the-king-clinic
Olympia Annex 4F, 6-31-21 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
Dr. Leo A.T. King (Jikei University School of Medicine, United Nations examining physician, Japan Medical Association certified doctor of industrial medicine)

Fluent in English and he takes both Japanese and private health insurance.

Good luck! Karen

By Cornelia on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 4:05 pm:

The Tokyo City operated Otsuka hospital listed under the hospitals/clinics topic is famous for having the first MRI machine installed in Japan. It has an oupatient department. You might start there. http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/35/751.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: