Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Psychologists in Japan

Japan With Kids - Forums: Health Topics: Psychologists in Japan
By Phides Nunez on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 3:32 pm:

Hello! I have a 6 year old boy enrolled in a hoikuen and he has problems listening to the teachers. The teachers then end up spending more time with him. He understands Nihongo very well; it`s just that he doesn`t pay attention especially when the sensei`s are giving instructions. They`ve suggested that I bring him to a child psychologist.
I`d appreciate any feedback regarding child psychologists in Japan. I know that the Japanese culture and educational system are so unique in that they give a lot of emphasis on group harmony and all that. We`re leaving for Canada in two years and I`m afraid that he might find it difficult to adjust if the psychologist will be successful in making him behave and think more like a Japanese kid. Not that I find that offensive. I won`t mind if he will be educated in Japan, but at the most, he`ll just be spending one year in elementary school and then we`re off to Canada.
To anyone who has ever had any experience with a Japanese psychologist, please give me some information. this is a totaly grey area for me.

thanks a lot!

Phides Nunez

By Amirtha on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 11:48 pm:

Hi Phides Nunez,
I am a Speech-Language Pathologist n Psychologist by profession. In which area do u live? so that I can give u more details...
U can also write to me to varshinimj[at]yahoo.com

By Mackykudo07 on Monday, December 2, 2013 - 7:57 am:

Hi i have daugther 6 years and 10 months old now she is grade 1 now here in japan she was born 24 week only shies phisycal ok but about a study in class room the teacher said she is the the late in all subject i understand the teacher said i know that but how and what can i i do my best for my daugther ..the teacher said my daugther is goin to hospital he want to blood check up or if brain check up but i dont know for what hospital i go.. Im sorry my english i not ok im a filipina i can speak a little japanese word im bother my daugther give me some idea pls.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: