Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Caterpillar Rash

Japan With Kids - Forums: Health Topics: Caterpillar Rash
By Laura Actor on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 9:32 pm:

Does anyone have any experience with the Caterpillar rash? My son's skin is being eaten away by it and I just want to make sure that we are following the correct protocal. Does anyone have any experience with this?

By Natalie on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 7:46 am:

I too would like to know the best treatment. I had it a few years ago and it took over a month for the blisters to stop spreading. My doctor gave me a steroid gel but it seemed to increase the spreading so I ended up using pink Calamine Lotion to 'dry' up the blisters. I bought it in a Japanese drugstore.
Natalie

By Sandy on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 7:18 pm:

Tokyo is home to the Tsubaki caterpillar (May to June) that can infest the Camelia trees and hedges very common in Tokyo. This caterpillar induces an itchy rash that can propagate itself if rubbed or scratched, and can be very unpleasant. I found the instructions at this link to be useful:
http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-a-Caterpillar-Sting

I had one fall inside my collar on the back of my neck. It took a couple of weeks to be comfortable again and not want to scratch anymore.

If you have these caterpillars in your garden, you can buy a spray poison that kills them within about 20 seconds, and helps stop them from multiplying. You'll never get rid of them completely though. There will always be some high up that you can't reach. When you spray them they curl and drop. Make sure they don't drop on you!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: