Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Babysitters, Approaches and Experiences

Japan With Kids - Forums: Consumer Reports: Babysitters, Approaches and Experiences
By Treena Smith on Friday, September 9, 2005 - 3:57 pm:

We live in Gohongi, a 4 minute walk to the Yutenji stn, we are looking for a local person to do some babysitting.
Do not mind if they are western or asian just want someone local with some english. Prefer a student, someone flexible with time, they could bring over their study while children sleep... Is 1000 yen acceptable per hour?
Please let me know if you know of anyone near us.
Thanks

By Monica S. on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 11:13 pm:

I don`t now anyone around your area, but wanted to share my experience.
I contacted a professor of child education in my university (I`m a student) and had an interview with him, explaining that I wanted him to recommend me 2 students to take care of my son while I`m out.
It was great idea, cause he introduced me to 4 students, just in case the first 2 won`t meet my expectations, or in case they`re bussy when I need them.
I found to be great that they didn`t have any child care experience, but were willing to learn and practice, so I tought them "my way", and they didn`t have trouble doing what I expected from them. (which would`ve been impossible in a daycare).
Plus, now they feel very confident with my baby and feel so much prepared for working as child educators than before.
Great experience for all of us.
Good luck!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: