Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Carpet cleaning

Japan With Kids - Forums: Consumer Reports: Carpet cleaning
By sherry ha on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 8:38 pm:

Can someone recommend any detergents for carpet cleaning at home?
Our house is fully carpeted, and I have been longing to look for cleaning detergents as it gets very dirty now with the kid learning to use spoon on her own.
Would appreciate any advice.

By Sherry Ha on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 4:13 am:

I found a good carpet cleaning shop offering services throughout Japan. The price is reasonable (by Tokyo standard). It costs me Y18,000 for an apartment size of about 100 square meters (2 rooms and 1 living room).
The company name is called T.S.P. Co Ltd, phone number 0120-666-370, web site http://www.tsp-service.co.jp. The owner speaks some English but he prefers you write him mail with questions and requests.

By mahesh on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 1:39 pm:

Thanks Sherry for usefull information.
But normally how much does it cost for Carpet Cleaning more than 20,000 ?
I am staying in 2DK house where I have 2 carpets of size 6 tatami.

By Nancy on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 3:29 pm:

I called TSP for a price on cleaning area rugs. The person who answered the phone spoke very little English but the manager called me back. The quote was higher than Carpet Doctor.

By Nancy on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 3:30 pm:

Here is the link to Carpet Doctor's website.http://www.e-carpetdoctor.com/. Carpet doctor has a bilingual website, and bilingual staff (not just the manager but the crew that come to your home). The price I was quoted per square meter is 1,500. That is for just one side of the carpet. To clean the underside, in case of very soiled carpets, the price is also 1,500 per sq m. All carpet cleaning is done in the home. I was told that area rugs are considerably more expensive to clean than wall to wall carpet.

By Cornelia on Tuesday, September 6, 2005 - 2:53 am:

Is it possible to rent a carpet cleaning machine and do it yourself like I've done in the USA?

By Linda Gondo on Tuesday, September 6, 2005 - 8:52 am:

After researching the cost of carpet cleaning over here I decided to buy my own carpet cleaner from the US which we organised through the Foreign Buyers Club. We bought a `Dirt Devil Platinum Force`since it seemed to be one of the most reliable according to people`s opinions on Amazon. Despite the ridiculous name it works really well and we have saved a fortune in carpet cleaning. The down side is that once the machine leaves the country the warranty becomes void, so if you end up with a dud you have no recourse with the manufacturer.
It`s been two years, but if I remember correctly,the cost of the machine and shipping from the US came to a total of about $400.

Just as an aside, I have ordered lots of large items through Foreign Buyers Club, even a king sized mattress, and the service has been outstanding. Emails were answered promptly and the person who co-ordinates all the special request imports from the US was very polite, friendly and helpful.

(PS I am not affiliated with FBC in any way!)

By Loueze on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 9:09 pm:

New member here...hello! I came across this old thread during a search for carpet cleaners near Tokyo, and thought I would pass on a company I found called "The Carpet Butlers" -

http://www.carpet-butlers.com/

Two very kind lads from the UK came and moved the heavy stuff around and did the whole place in about 3 hours from start to finish. Amazing the filthy black water (gulp) their equipment sucked up. They charged Yen 1,350-/meter sq. and the carpets looked great!

Lou.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: