Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Air Purifiers and Humidifiers

Japan With Kids - Forums: Consumer Reports: Air Purifiers and Humidifiers
By Robert Clarke on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 7:12 pm:

I have just arrived in Japan and I am beginning to navigate my way around an issue that I have never had to consider, viz. the purchase of an air purifier and/or humidifer. My family are coming to join me in a little while and I am abit concerned about the air quality around where I live. I wonder if there is anyone else with experience in purchasing these items in Tokyo who could give me some tips.

Thanks in advance
Rob

By Scott Hancock on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 8:00 pm:

The big electronic stores such as BIC in Yurakucho or Yodobashi in Akihabara (both have other branches, too) carry a large variety of these. Quite a range of size & function. Go with a Japanese speaker and hear the details to decide.

I bought two, just taking the salesperson's recommendation on "best at any price". Probably translated to "best commission". If you are the kind of person who wants to know all the details, have to take a fluent speaker.

Don't forget to sign up for the point card. You'll be back.

By Scott Hancock on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 8:03 pm:

The big electronic stores such as BIC in Yurakucho or Yodobashi in Akihabara (both have other branches, too) carry a large variety of these. Quite a range of size & function. Go with a Japanese speaker and hear the details to decide.

I bought two, just taking the salesperson's recommendation on "best at any price". Probably translated to "best commission". If you are the kind of person who wants to know all the details, have to take a fluent speaker.

Don't forget to sign up for the point card. You'll be back.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: