Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

.Age: 1 year olds

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: .Age: 1 year olds
By summer wilson on Thursday, April 13, 2000 - 7:41 am:

Hi, Im returning to Tokyo in 3 weeks with my 9 month daughter and would be really interested in any groups that get together with their babies. Any info? let me know -
summer_wilson[at]hotmail.com

By Admin on Friday, March 5, 2004 - 4:34 pm:

Dear Yuko Masuda,
Your post has been moved to:
http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/54/371.html
and your duplicate post has been deleted.
Admin

By Marie Sato on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 2:44 pm:

Hi, I am looking for playmates or a playgroup for my 16 months daughter in the surrounding area. Though we are Japanese, I am hoping to give her some international experience. I myself had studied in the States and Canada, and worked for an American firm for several years. So I speak English.

We live in Adachi-ku. If you live nearby and interested, please email me at mre.st@nifty.com.

By Jun Morita on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 4:30 pm:

Hello!Tuesday playgroup is seeking new members again. The mothers from all over the world are highly welcomed. We go to various attractive spots in Tokyo with children every
Tuesdays. If you are staying in Japan and have no plan to do on Tuesdays, please join us and find more good things about Japan.

If you are interested, email me at tuesday_playgroup@hotmail.com

By Blue Sky on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 9:41 am:

Still some spaces available for the Blue Sky Go Baby Go! music and movement class on Wednesdays for 1-2 year olds. We sing songs, dance, jump and spin to music, play with the finger puppets and have lots of fun in this active class for mothers and toddlers. Located in Setagaya-ku only 4 stops from Shibuya. Please email for details blue.sky@gol.com

By Jenny Fujiyasu on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 1:44 pm:

Hi, I'm looking for any English speaking mothers with young toddlers. I have a 1 year old son. We are living in Kichijoji area.

By Inson Hong on Friday, July 2, 2004 - 10:57 pm:

Hi, Our 21 month old daughter wants English speaking playmates
around the Nakano area for fun and games. I am Korean Japanese and can speak English as well. My husband is Australian.
Please email insongee@hotmail.com
if interested.

By Daniella Wong on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 6:37 pm:

Hi, a friend of mine, a foreigner has an 18 month old boy. She is looking for a playgroup in the Ikebukuro area. If you are in the area please E-mail her to let her know that there is an English speaking playgroup. Her E-mail is rsofjan@hotmail.com

Thanks.

By Blue Sky on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 10:48 pm:

Just writing to advise the website for Blue Sky.
http://www.blueskytokyo.com Please visit for details of mother/baby playgroups, breastfeeding classes and baby slings.

By Samantha Zoe Aso on Thursday, October 7, 2004 - 8:54 pm:

Hi, my name is Sammy & I'm a British mum with 1 year old fraternal twins!
I'm trying to meet up with other english speaking mummies who live around Asagaya. Anybody interested instarting a casual playgroup up where we can just hang out & exchange gossip?
Thanks for reading, Sammy
My email is zippyninski[at]yahoo.co.uk

By Dennis Frost on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 9:30 pm:

Hi, my wife and I are looking for a playgroup and/or playmate for our 9 month old son. We live in the Waseda/Takadanobaba area. I am a visiting researcher at Waseda and my wife is a librarian with NY public library, who is currently taking maternity leave to care for our son while we are in Japan. Please email dennisjfrost@yahoo.com if you are interested or know of anything in the area. Thanks

Dennis Frost

By arvind on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 8:27 pm:

Hi,
We have a 10month old daughter and we are looking for a play group or somebody with 1yr old kid or of similar age group. I am a doctoral student and we live in Shin-Misato area, Saitama. Please email if you are interested or know somebody in that area. Non Japanes and Japanese with little english knowledge are welcome. Thanks, Arvind

By April Sugimoto on Saturday, January 8, 2005 - 9:08 pm:

Hi I am returning to Japan next month with my husband and 1 year old baby. I would love to find other mums nearby or at a convenient distance to meet up with. We are moving to Kamata in Otaku.

By Edita on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 1:35 pm:

Hi, I am looking for a playmate/playgroup (English or Japanese) for my 1 yr old son in Chiba area. I am willing to start one up at my home if anyone is interested. We are from NY. I am a librarian and my husband is an attorney. Please email me at chiba_playgroup@yahoo.com Thanks.

By Moemi & Ririka on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 3:03 pm:

Hi April

I have a 7 month and 19 month old babies and we live near Rokugodote station (2 stations away from Keikyu Kamata).We usually attend the Koala Room once a month.This is a group for foreign mothers and their children. It includes games and exercises and free talking about health and living in Japan. It is free of charge, held at Ota Minami District Administration Office 2nd Floor. About 10 minutes walk from kamata Station.10-11:30 am. Tel. No is 03-5713-1702.Next schedule will be on january 28 and February 25. See you there !

Priscila

By Jed Jones on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 6:23 pm:

My wife and I have a 3 month old and a 2 year old and are looking for playgroups in the Kawasaki/Yokohama areas for either or both children. We live in Kawasaki (off of the Nambu line) but can also travel to Yokohama. If you live in one of these areas we would enjoy meeting you.

By Mary Tokuhara on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 7:56 am:

I have a 3month-old daughter and looking for playgroups in the Kasai, Tozai line area. If you are in the area, or know of any playgroups, please let me know. I am looking forward to meeting you and sharing conversations... Thank you.
Mary.

By April Sugimoto on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 10:23 am:

Thanks Priscila, I will try and get to the February session. Is there anything I need to take?
April

By April Sugimoto on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 7:06 pm:

Dear Jed,
The koala room that Priscila mentioned is just one station from kawasaki and the next session is tomorrow morning if your wife can make it.
If you would like to meet up some other time please e-mail me at april-louise@lycos.com

April

By allybaby on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 10:51 am:

Hi I have a 15 month old daughter and looking for a playgroup (actually a "playgroup" for mom) around Ofuna Station in Yokohama / Kamakura area. I already participate in a Japanese playgroup but would really like to meet up with other English-speaking moms and just have a chat over coffee, etc. Also, has anyone participated in the playgroup located at Sakuragicho Stn? Any reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Marie

By Christina Vogdes on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 8:49 pm:

Will be arriving in Tokyo in June to live. I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old. Looking for playgroups mainly for my 1 year old. We will be living in the Gotanda area but I will be driving as well. Please email me at dcvogdes@yahoo.com.sg

By Tatiana Cordero Karlsson on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 9:09 pm:

Hi! I'm looking for a playgroup for my 18 month old daughter in Hiroo area. We live close to Arisugawa park and we moved to Tokyo about a month ago. Please e-mail me at niklastatiana@yahoo.com Thanks.
Tatiana

By Katherin Higgins on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 10:35 pm:

On October 5th at 3pm a mom and tots class will be held for 0-18mo at Luna-luna, its website is http://www.lunaluna.jp/.

The point is for mothers to sing/learn english children songs and nursey rhymes which they can then teach to their baby and tots. There will be activity time for the tots while the mothers can practice or just chat in english. It is geared toward mothers for whom english is a second language but all who are interested should give it a try.

The cost is 1500yen. It a five minute walk from Sangubashi station. Across from Maru Man supermarket in a babycare center that not only has babysitting but also offers programs like english/baby activity class, afternoon tea, cooking classes.

By Janine Parker on Saturday, October 8, 2005 - 1:03 pm:

Hi,

does anyone know of any classes in English for toddlers close to Ikebukuro? We are also willing to travel to places near Shinjuku or Shibuya.

Also I heard there are classes (maybe music classes) for toddlers at the Tokyo Union Church. Does anyone have information about this?

Thanks

By Cooperative Playgroup on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 4:46 am:

Cooperative Playgroup is an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi.
The Cooperative Playgroup is a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to noon, at the Franciscan Chapel Center in Roppongi. The group is run by its members and requires full participation of both parent and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this a great group for 2- and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one! Plan ahead! We have a waiting list, so check with us early to get your child's name on the list!
For more information visit our website: http://geocities.com/cooperativeplaygroup or email us at cooperativeplaygroup@yahoo.com

By sanae kitazaki lindsey on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 6:43 pm:

Hello I'm looking for playgroup/playmates for my 21 months old daughter(born Jan 2004). We've just arrived from London and we live in Shoto-Shibuya.Please e-mail me at sunnykt@hotmail.com
Thank you.
Sanae

By Cooperative Playgroup on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 6:50 am:

Seeking new members for Spring 2006!
Cooperative Playgroup is an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi.

The Cooperative Playgroup is a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to noon, at the Franciscan Chapel Center in Roppongi. The group is run by its members and requires full participation of both parent and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this a great group for 2- and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one! Come and join the fun! Check out our website at: http://geocities.com/cooperativeplaygroup

By Dan Johnston on Monday, December 5, 2005 - 5:17 pm:

I am a Canadian man married to a Japanese. We live in Kawasaki. We have a 15 month old daughter and are looking for other International or English speaking couples with a child or children about our daughter's age for play time in English at our home. Contact me if you are interested.
djohnston76@hotmail.com

By Cooperative Playgroup on Saturday, January 7, 2006 - 7:38 am:

Happy New Year Moms and Dads!
FCC Cooperative Playgroup is celebrating our 30th year anniversary in 2006!

Check us out at:
http://geocities.com/cooperativeplaygroup

We are an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi. During playgroup sessions we enjoy free play, singing & dancing, snack time, reading and art.
For more information or to schedule a visit, you can email us at cooperativeplaygroup@yahoo.com

It is recommended to contact our group well in advance as there is a waiting list (sometimes it takes as long as 6 months to join). Looking forward to hearing from you!

By Jellund on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:50 pm:

My friend and I have just started a very active playgroup on Friday evenings from 5-6pm. This is aimed at children aged 3 and under. There is 30 minutes of action songs, dancing and very noisy activities as well as a small craftime and then 30 minutes of freeplay for the children while mums/parents relax with a glass of wine or cup of tea. This is non-profit, we charge 1000yen per parent and child and 500yen for additional children and this money goes towards room rental and children's craft equipment and games.
This is held at lunaluna kids room in Sangubashi on the Odakyu line. Please email me if you would like to join this group or if you would just like to come and try one session. Everyone is welcome.

There is more information about our group, TGI Fridays, on the lunaluna webpage here

http://www.lunaluna.jp/english/e_event/e_TGI%20Friday/e_tgi.html

By Tyng Battista on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 8:21 pm:

Kids with special needs, there will be an free autism seminar on 27 Mar , at the Ebisu Kumin Kaikan from 1-5 pm interested to learn more please contact: kozuematsuda@gol.com

By Kimmy Chang on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 6:37 pm:

I'm looking for playgroup/playmates for my 9-month-old son near Iidabashi. Does anyone know about it? Please contact me at klepicard[at]gmail.com.

By Keiko Koda on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 10:31 am:

I have a 14 month girl, living in Naka-ward, Yokohama. I try to let her learn both English and Japanese and play with English speaking babies. If you know any playgroup/playmates in english, on weekend near my residence, please let me know. Also if you are interested in making such a playgroop in Yokohama, let's do it together! Looking forward your contact me. keiko.koda.405@gmail.com

By chika saisu on Thursday, July 6, 2006 - 10:52 pm:

Hi everyone,

I am a Japanese mom of a 10 month old daughter.
Would like to join an existing playgourp or start a new one near Shibuya or Komazawa area, if anyone is interested.

Hope to hear from you soon,
tcsais@p02.itscom.net

By Kurumi Fujita on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 12:57 am:

Hi, I organize an international play group including American, Philipino, Indonesian and so on in Otsuka, Toshima-ku and Enokicho, near Kagurazaka area on Thur. The kids' ages are 1 - 2, mainly. Now, we are looking for a couple non-Japanese members since we are a rather small group. If you are interested in, pls contact me.

By Madoka on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:51 am:

Hi there,

I'm a 22 years old mom, living in Hachioji, Tokyo. I have a little son who just turned 1 year old and I'm looking for a playgroup or playmate for him. He is very healthy and too outgoing but a little shy sometimes. He's learning both Japanese and English. I would be happy if I could learn English through talk as well because I have been rusty on English since I moved back from Canada.

Please email me anytime!
phat-free56@hotmail.com

By Badrinathramya on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 11:33 am:

I have recently relocated to Aichi (Chiryu) from India and I have a 1 year old baby girl..

Any useful info on playgroups for her will be great. I can be contacted at badrinath.ramya@gmail.com.

i am ok to come to Nagoya for the playgroup.

Thanks

By Cutiemommy on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 11:26 pm:

Dear Badrinathramya

Hello. I am also looking for a playgroup for my 11 months old baby boy in Mie or Aichi area. I currently live in Kuwana, Mie but it just takes 30 mins to come to Nagoya.

I hope we will get together and share the info about English playgroups or anything if you want.

E-mail address: yamamm930@hotmail.com

By Sandya on Friday, June 6, 2008 - 10:45 am:

Hi

I am from india and in the Kasai (Gyotoku) area. I have a 3 year old son. Please let me know if there are some children play areas in and around this place.
Please mail me at aarthi_sandhya@yahoo.com
Thanks
Sandhya

By Dewidennis on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 3:23 pm:

Hi, my name is Dewi, I'm from Indonesia. I have 13months- son and interested in making new friends. Is there a mom with kids live around minatomirai- yokohama area? Maybe we can have fun together with our kid?
I believe my son need interaction with other to improve his motoric skill as I need to socialize too. We can share information each other :-).
Pls drop me an email: dewi_pd2003@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Cheers,
Dewi

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: