Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

.Age: Teens?

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: .Age: Teens?
By Gina Miller on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 10:47 pm:

Hi- My 16yo daughter will be doing a homestay with a family in Sayama (by Kawagoe) next month. Our family may also be moving over in September. I am wondering if there are any teens in the Tokyo area who would be interested in pen-pal with her and possibly meeting next month.

She is interested in anime and manga and has been selling her artwork at anime conventions in the US. She has been studying Japanese and been to Tokyo twice, visiting Yokohama, Hakone & Nikko.

If anyone has a teen that would be interested in pen-pal please email me.

Take care, Gina Miller g_m_miller[at]yahoo.com

By Cornelia on Friday, March 4, 2005 - 2:49 pm:

Dear Gina or anyone else who has a teenage daughter or son who might be interested,
My daughter is very keen to find a teenager as a friend (though she is eight)! She speaks English and Japanese well, loves her Gameboy, dogs, her scooter, her friends, her violin, sports, and could use a good role model for reading! Maybe this sounds a bit strange but she doesn't have any siblings and like a lot of girls really is in some ways older than her "age". We live in Tokyo 23 wards (center) near Ikebukuro station.

By Yuko Kubota on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 5:44 pm:

Cornelia and Gina, unfortunately my teenage son is too shy to be friends with your daughters, but if you contact your local ward office or city hall, they may be able to guide you to non-profitable recreation groups where teenagers or college students will act as leaders to younger children.

I myself used to attend YMCA summer and ski camps from Tokyo when I was young, and the members would be free to gather on saturdays to play games or just chat with other kids from different schools. I'm sure this sounds familiar even to people who grew up outside Japan.

I think cross-age communication is very important. Give it a try.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: