Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

.Age: Babies under one

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: .Age: Babies under one
By Blue Sky on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 10:58 am:

Looking for somewhere to go with your baby, to meet other mothers and babies and just relax and chat? For babies under one year old, Blue Sky Little Angels mother and baby group meets on the first and third Fridays of the month in Setagaya-ku, only 4 stops from Shibuya. Only 500 yen, with refreshments available, lots of toys for the babies to play with and parenting books to browse through. Please email for details. blue.sky@gol.com

By Blue Sky on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 11:51 pm:

Just writing to advise the website for Blue Sky.
http://www.blueskytokyo.com Please visit for details of mother/baby playgroups, breastfeeding classes and baby slings.

By Mary Tokuhara on Wednesday, March 2, 2005 - 9:57 pm:

I have a 4 month old baby and looking for any other mothers and babies to hang out with, this is the second time I've posted this (shows how desperate I am !) : does anyone know of any playgroups near the Kasai area? Looking forward to meeting up with you.
Mary

By Katherin Higgins on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 10:46 pm:

I am looking to put together or join a playgroup for 2-10 month olds. I live within a 5min walk of Sangubashi station, Odakyu line, 6mins train from Shinjuku Station.

By Jennifer Okano on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 1:17 pm:

I would love to try to join the Blue Sky group, but I live in northeast Tokyo (Adachi ku) and it's a little too far on the train to be able to go regularly. Any other mothers in the Kita Senju area? My daughter is 3 months old.

By Chika on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 6:03 pm:

anyone in the tatebayashi area?!
have child, need playgroup! my daughter is 11months old and we live in gunma...

By kemi afuape on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 1:06 am:

i have a 5month old boy and would like to join a playgroup in the suginami-ku area. Please contact me if you have any information.thanks

By Stefan Riedl on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 1:38 am:

Hi,

my wife and I wil probably move from Munich, Germany to Tokyo at the end of October on a six month assignment (pretty short but still very challenging with a then six months old baby boy).
We are looking for some advice on how challenging it is going to be to get to know people with children in the same age. Which areas would you recommend for us to live in?
We are happy for each feedback we will get.
Thanks Claudia & Stefan

By Anja Holder on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 9:59 am:

Hallo Claudia and Stefan,
we are also a German family with two little girls (2 years and 5 month). We moved to Tokyo two month ago. So far we found it very easy to get to know people with children. If you would like more information, just send me an e-mail:
anja_holder@freenet.de
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Anja

By Tese on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 9:07 am:

Hi Anja,

My husband and I are moving to Tokyo in September. We have an 8 mo old son and are trying to get some information about the Kichijoji area - my hubby will be in language school there. Are you familiar with that area?

By Helen Kirby on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 6:36 pm:

Hi everyone,
I have a 6-month old daughter and am looking to meet any other mums with babies of a similar age who are based in or near to Morishita (Toei Oedo & Shinjuku lines). Or if anyone knows of a playgroup (Japanese-speaking is OK) in this area (Koto-Ku), information would be welcomed..

By Carin Smolinski on Saturday, September 3, 2005 - 10:52 pm:

Dear Parents,

The Fun House indoor play place in Azabu Jyuban is hosting "Great Beginnings" new moms group. It offers new parents an opportunity to ask questions, share experiences, and get support from a leader and from one another. A short video on different parenting subjects will be played, followed by chat time where food and beverage can be purchased (optional) It is on Mondays from 12:15-2:00 Free trial class on Monday September 19th, then 10 week class starts the week after. If you would like more information or to sign up for the trial, please e-mail: info@funhousetokyo.com

By Hana Grace on Wednesday, September 7, 2005 - 10:54 pm:

I have an 8 months old daughter and I'm looking for a playgroup with children around her age. Preferably, Japanese/English environment and around the vicinity of Yokohama line (Nakayama, Machida, Nagatsuda, Yokohama, Shin-Yokohama).

Looking forward to joining one these playgroups.

Thanks.

Grace

By Adrianne Poroslo on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 2:32 pm:

Hi everyone
(I posted this on another discussion so pls forgive the repetition)
I'm a very bored mama of a 7 month old "very" active son. I am looking for other English speaking Mums to get together and also out of the house occasionally. Any ideas of what kind of groups to join?I live in Hiroo san-chome and have been in Tokyo since a year.I am not much familiar with moving around further than central tokyo so would appreciate if like minded mothers living nearby could contact me.
Ciao
Adrianne

By May Ose on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 9:26 am:

hi adrianne
i can help you in anyway i love to talk! hehehe i got a 7 yr old kid myself, im almost 1 yr in tokyo but still got very few friends, i prefer someone who could speak english as well since all my nearby friends are japanese ( cant speak japanese still but im curremtly studying the language

By Adrianne Poroslo on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 10:46 am:

Hi May
Nice to hear from you.Just to clarify my son is only 7 months old.:-)
So let me know by private email on how we can get together.
My email is adriannef13@yahoo.com

By Tese on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 5:12 pm:

Hi Adrianne,

I have an 8 mo son and we will be moving to Kichijoji in about 1 week. Not sure how far you are from there...please e-mail me back: ajsmom0302@yahoo.com.

Tese

By Theodora on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 7:28 pm:

Hello,

I just arrived in Tokyo 3 weeks ago from London with my 10 months old baby girl and would love to meet up with others mums and babies or join playgroup in Setagaya-ku.I am French/Guinee-Bissau and My husband is Swedish-Sudanese.
I would love to meet mum's and babies from all nationalities.
Regards Théodora

By Katherin Higgins on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 11:37 pm:

On October 5th at 3pm a mom and tots class will be held for 0-18mo at Luna-luna, its website is http://www.lunaluna.jp/

The point is for mothers to sing/learn english children songs and nursey rhymes which they can then teach to their baby and tots. There will be activity time for the tots while the mothers can practice or just chat in english. It is geared toward mothers for whom english is a second language but all who are interested should give it a try.

The cost is 1500yen. It is a five minute walk from Sangubashi station on the Odakyu line. It is across from Maru Man supermarket in a babycare center that not only has babysitting but also offers programs like english/baby activity class, afternoon tea, cooking classes.

By Iris Collis on Tuesday, October 4, 2005 - 9:23 pm:

Hi everyone, english bird

recently given up being a social butterfly in tokyo, for an amazing son who is 2months. Looking for any fun mum and baby all nationality groups in the yokohama area. Or we could start up our own. Would really appreciate any advice and help on day care in the same area, as may be looking for some part time work. Cheers and babes Iris x

By Iris Collis on Tuesday, November 1, 2005 - 5:23 pm:

Hi this is Iris here again, still looking for mums with babies around the yokohama area. There seems to be a lack of any play groups and I really want my baby boy to start interacting with other babies. And I would love some pals who speak something other than baby giggles (as much as I love them) Please email me if you are interested in organising meetings, perhaps using our own houses and rotating each week. Come on ladies we don't have to be alone just because we aren't in Tokyo!!

By Gerald Vogt on Saturday, January 7, 2006 - 9:20 am:

We are looking for a playgroup for our daughter (just a bit over a month old now). We live in Tomigaya somewhere between the stations Yoyogi-uehara, Yoyogi-koen, Odakyu Yoyogi-hachiman, and Keio Komabatodaimae. English or German. We would join an existing group if possible or start a new one if there is interest.

By Grace Tanabe on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 9:00 pm:

Hi,
I'm a bored mom with a 8-month old son and am looking to meet any other mums with babies of a similar age in Kasai - Nishi-kasai, Edogawa-ku area. Hope to go out for a walk, lunch and maybe we can visit each other's house. I'm a Japanese but I do speak English OK.

By Michael on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 2:16 pm:

Adrianne or others,

We have a fairly active 9 month old daughter. I was reading your messages on this web site and wondering whether you found a play group? We are in the Mita area. We have just returned to Japan.

Yumiko and Michael

By Sunshine on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 3:23 pm:

Hi,

I am looking for a play group for my 11months baby girl in inagi,fuchu,chofu area,
i go to one its quite far for me and i cant often attend it so looking for a near by one where i can travel up to 20 to 30 min from my place.

By chika saisu on Thursday, July 6, 2006 - 11:18 pm:

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a playgroup for my 10 months baby girl in Shibuya or Komazawa area. Would like to either join an existing group or start a new one, if anyone is interested.
Look forward to meeting babies from all over the world!

Chika

By Laura Aoyama on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 11:56 pm:

Hi, am also looking for a playgroup or other mothers to form one with in the Maebashi/Takasaki area. My daughter is 8 months old tomorrow :-)

Laura

By Anolinde on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 3:46 pm:

Anyone around anymore? :-( I am looking for a playgroup or moms to form one in the Niigata/Shibata area. My daughter turns 9 months old on the 13th. Thanks a lot!!

By Lenemaia on Friday, August 3, 2007 - 12:54 pm:

Hi everyone,
I am searching for other moms and babies in the YOKOHAMA area! I am a housewife and married to a Japanese man. My daughter is now 6 1/2 months old and she could really use some playmates!
I am hoping and praying that there are just one or two other moms in Yokohama with the same problem I have...
I would like to meet somewhere, go to the park for a picnic, have lunch together, chatting, enjoy coffee... you know what I mean.
Please write me and let us figure out something!
Best,
Lene and Maia

By Hirokow on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 1:10 pm:

Hello
Are there any moms/playgroups out there that live in the Nerima/Ikebukuro area? I'm a Japanese American who just recently had a son who is a month old. I'm looking for English speaking friends who can share the parenthood experience.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Regards, Hiroko

By Hirokow on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 1:30 pm:

Hello
Are there any moms/playgroups out there that live in the Nerima/Ikebukuro area? I'm a Japanese American who just recently had a son who is a month old. I'm looking for English speaking friends who can share the parenthood experience.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Regards, Hiroko

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: