Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Tokyo: Minato-ku, Motoazabu/Hiroo/ Arisogawa Park Area

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: Tokyo: Minato-ku, Motoazabu/Hiroo/ Arisogawa Park Area
By Ann Bybee on Monday, July 24, 2000 - 8:05 pm:

My name is Annabel and I am interested in a playgroup in Motoazabu area (I live near Arisogawa park). My son Noah is just over 2 yrs. old. I work all day so I am interested in weekend toddler tiring sessions.
e: ann.bybee@notes.mr.toyota.co.jp

By Andrea and Paul Clifford on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 2:08 am:

Hi,
My family and I just moved to Tokyo from Canada. We are living in an apartment nearby the Jewish Community Centre and Rainbow Montessori School. I have two sons (Thomas just turned 5 and Simon will be 2 at the end of May). I am interested in any information in regards to playgroups, Mums and Toddlers groups, etc in the Hiroo area. Also if there is any other Mom with similar aged children in the Hiroo area interested in getting together for playdates and chats please call or email. Andrea 3797-1710 or email andrea_t_clifford@yahoo.ca
Thanks!

By Yukari Heron on Wednesday, April 18, 2001 - 6:31 pm:

Hi,
I will be moving to Moto Azabu area in June (few minutes away from Nishimachi International School) and would like to join a playgroup around the area. My son, Daniel will be 18 months old in June. We currently live in Hong Kong and take part in so many children's activities & play groups and keeping us busy throughout the week. I'm worried if I can maintain the same level of activities in Tokyo.

If there isn't any playgroup running in the area, I would like to start one. Based on my experience, I can come up with all sorts of ideas for the children's entertainment / play at home.

By Lori King on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 4:56 pm:

My name is Lori and I am looking for a playgroup for both of my children: My son will be 4 in June. He will be attending school every day until 2pm so maybe an afternoon playgroup would be best for him. My daughter is 15 months and anytime is fine for her. I live in Nishiazabu and have only been here for 4 weeks. Anyone interested please email me.

By Chieko van Herik-Nishimura on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 11:07 am:

Hi.
I'm looking for playmates for my 10-month-old daughter. If there is any other Mom with similar aged children in the Meguro, Shinagawa, Minato, Setagaya areas interested in getting together during the weekdays for playdates and chats, please email me at beezller@yahoo.com

By chris on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 10:27 pm:

Hi,

I just moved to Tokyo and living in Nishiazabu. My 2 1/2 year old son and I would like to meet other moms and kids. If any of you are interested please send us an email at rmoulard@hotmail.com

By Juliet Rogove on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 2:55 am:

Hi All,
There is a new posting on the discussions forum (please look under 'Playgroups, Akasaka Roppongi') that may interest you.
For furhther details check out my website at;
http://www.kspace.to/
Thank you,
Juliet

By heather on Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 10:20 am:

I will be moving to Motoazabu Hills in late August (from the US) and have a son who will be 4 in Sept and a daughter who will be 2 in December. I am very close to Arisogawa park and would love to get involved in a playgroup. Any ideas?

By Ann Etienne on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 2:36 pm:

Hi,
I have moved to Tokyo (Minami Azabu / Arisugawa Park / Hiroo) from Paris with my husband and 8 month year old son and would like to join a mother-toddler group in the area. I am Irish and my husband is French. Please contact me at etienne@mc.rosenet.ne.jp

By Kiwi Mum on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 11:48 am:

I have recently moved to Tokyo and have enrolled my 3yr old son in a new international preschool called ACORN. ACORN is very new and only has a handful of students. My son absolutely loves it there and we hope that more students enrol soon. The premises are small but a happy vibrant place filled with natural light. It is conveniently located in Moto-Azabu and the children go to the park everyday (weather permitting). The ladies running the school are lovely and my son is enjoying lots of attention. He is learning lots and having heaps of fun doing art, singing and dancing.

ACORN is VERY reasonably priced so perfect for expats who have to pay their own fees. I hope that more expats support the school and enrol their kids as this is what Tokyo desperatly needs.

I have no connection with the school other than having my son enrolled there.

For those looking for a preschool it is worth checking ACORN out http://www.acorn-school.com

By Sari Helen Krassin on Wednesday, March 1, 2006 - 1:30 pm:

Hello, I am currently, forming a playgroup in the Moto Azabu, Hiro, Roppongi, and surrounding areas. So far I have 5 mothers who are interested. Toddlers mostly ages 2-4 and babies are welcome too. There are no fees or costs. Just mothers that want to get together and have fun. All nationalities are welcome. email me kalikrassin@yahoo.com Hope to hear from you a couple more mothers should suffice.

By Medved on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 3:15 pm:

Hi, I have 2,5 year old son and 8 month old daughter and I am looking for someone to play with. I live in Hiroo. If there is some playgroup or someone who wants to meet, please let me know. Hope to find someone soon. Lenka
l-p-kasicka@volny.cz

By Yuan on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 5:06 pm:

Hi I am 30 years old japanese woman with 14 months old daughter. I live in Ebisu and want to make a friend from other countries.
I'd been to the US for 5 years so I think I can still speark English but not like native.
If anyone who wants to meet or have caffee, or play, please contact me.

Hope to hear from you!

By Nikki on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 6:00 pm:

Hello Yuan

I am an Indian having a 2 years old girl . I would verymuch like to meet anywhere where children can play .I live in toyocho .how about you ? Please let me know what you think ?

By Anna_nomis on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 2:24 am:

Hello Yuan,
I am Thai with 13 month old daughter. We will move to Tokyo mid November, living in ota-ku area.
Please keep in touch and look forward to meeting you and others. You can reach me on my email address for the time being.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: