Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Kanagawa-ken: Kamakura City

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: Kanagawa-ken: Kamakura City
By Simon Avenell on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 12:24 pm:

Hi, my wife and I live in Fujisawa city beside Kamakura. We have a 3 year old and a four month old. We a particularly looking for a group for our three year old to intereact with. Have you managed to start a group?

By Regina M. Splees on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 10:47 am:

SEEDLINGS is a 0 - 3 year old playgroup that meets on Tuesday mornings at Fujisawa Shimin Kaikan. It is a bilingual playgroup--music time, story time...are in English, discussion amongst mothers is whichever language is most comfortable. Circle time consists of an excellent music together session (babies can participate easily), one or two stories, and occasionally a game. Sometimes mothers are given the option of crafts or toys to make, but play time consists of mostly wooden toys in a montessori style setting. During snack time we discuss parenting skills, living values for our children and what stores have the best clothes to buy...! Mothers take turns with bringing snacks, attendance taking, planning...
Please call 0466-54-5755 for more info. Or check the website: www.gatewayinternational.org

By Sayaka on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 9:30 pm:

Hi, I have a 2 yrs old son, and is looking for an English speaking playmate/group around Kamakura area. He speaks both English and Japanese.
Please contact me by posting or by e-mail.
Thank you in advance.

By Thekubos on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 10:40 pm:

Hi Sayaka,

Wow! I am in the process of forming an English
playgroup in Kamakura. So far, I have about 8 English/Japanese speaking children interested (including my own two children: son: 4 & daughter: 2). I suppose now we need to decide on a day/time
to meet. I'm new at this sort of thing, but if this sounds like something you and your family would be interested in being a part of, please let me know. I will try to organize maybe a party in the near future so that parents and kids can get to know one another.

Hope to meet you guys soon,

Mike

By Thekubos on Monday, November 5, 2007 - 7:13 pm:

"PLAYGO" is a friendly but committed, non-profit, Kamakura-based playgroup still in the developmental stages of planning. If you are interested and would like to join the mailing list, please send me you email address or reply to this message on this forum. Currently we have 9 families and 13 bilingual (English/Japanese) children interested (a mix of boys and girls aged 2 to 6, Average age: 4). The collective input of the group will determine the time/place/frequency/duration of the playgroup schedule as well as other concerns, so your hopes and concerns will be a factor in the development of our group.

(For those already on the mailing list, I will be sending another "playgo!" email in about a week.)

Contact person: Mike Kubo
thekubos@yahoo.co.jp

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: