Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Tokyo: Chofu and Adjacent Areas

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: Tokyo: Chofu and Adjacent Areas
By francine fitzsimons on Tuesday, October 9, 2001 - 9:37 am:

hi , i have two daughters, one turned 3 in august, the other turned 1 in september, am looking for children of the same age to meet with regularly and perhaps form an organised playgroup. looking forward to hearing from anyone in or near chofu in the same situation, i can be e mailed at francine@gol.com

By Cali on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:09 am:

I have twin 13 month old boys and am interested in forming a play group. I live in Fuchu-shi. Please email if interested.

By Joanne Haynes on Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 6:29 am:

I am sure that you will be interested in the posting on this site - AT LAST! A fantastic new resource for your playgroup

By Cali on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 6:27 pm:

I have 2.5 year old twin boys and am
interested in forming a play group. I live
in Fuchu-shi. Please email me if
interested.

By M. S on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 8:29 am:

Hello chofu-mums!

I am a Japanese mum of 4yo girl, and I live near chofu station.

Looking for my daughter's playmate as well as mine! My daughter speaks fluent English and so-so Japanese.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

By Keith Lehman on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 1:44 am:

Hello all:

I am working here in Tokyo for about 4 months. My wife and 10 year old daughter will be visiting for 3 weeks. We are looking for:

(1) things for my daughter to do while/kids to meet and play with while they are here and

(2) a pen pal who is about the same age (9 to 11 as of Summer 2007) speaks english and some Japanese.

If anyone is interested in either, please contact me at hklehman@gmail.com

By Wendy Chan on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 6:39 pm:

Hi Keith

There are children's halls (Jidoukaian) in different wards which I think is free of charge or with minimal charge. Your daughter can play handcrafts/paint there. There is also a Children's Castle (Kodomo no Kuni) in Shibuya which charges about 500 yen (?) per kid and also some charges for the parents.

There other option is enrol a summer camp for her. The international schools offer different summer programs for different ages, but they are a bit costly, usually around 50,000 yen per week.

Then there is a art/craft centre called RBR in motoazabu. There's different programs of art/drawings/music/dance, etc.

Hope the above helps.

Wendy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: