Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Kanagawa-ken: Fujisawa City

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: Kanagawa-ken: Fujisawa City
By Simon Avenell on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 12:15 pm:

Hi,
Is there anyone who lives in the Fujisawa area that would like to start a playgroup? I am from Australia and my wife is Japanese. We have two sons, one is 3 years old and the other is four months old. At the moment I am their only English-language source, so we really want to find some other avenues of interaction--especially for the three year old. Contact me at the following email:
saa@uclink4.berkeley.edu

By Regina M. Splees on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 11:20 pm:

I recently opened an international center in Fujisawa. We are called the Gateway International center and I am applying for NPO status. Of our many programs we run a toddler group for 0 - 3 year olds. We have a craft time, snack time, and circle time. Basically I ask that everyone be a member of the center (\1000 per year) and each visit is \350. Members need to bring their own suplies for craft (glue, scissors, paper, crayons...) I try to alternate between easier crafts for the 1 and 2 year olds and crafts for 3 year olds. Sometimes we may just work on drawing. Other times I work with the mothers on toy making etc. We are fairly new, but enjoying ourselves while working out a rhythm that works best for the group (children)! Please give us a call 0466-54-5755 or cal my home 0466-28-6915. You can come see us at our Autumn Festival, Oct. 26 at the Fujisawa Meiten building 6F. That is a 1 minute walk from the South exit of Fujisawa St., just above the Yurindo bookstore. Rene Bosman will perform at 12:00.

By Regina M. Splees on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 10:44 am:

SEEDLINGS is a 0 - 3 year old playgroup that meets on Tuesday mornings at Fujisawa Shimin Kaikan. It is a bilingual playgroup--music time, story time...are in English, discussion amongst mothers is whichever language is most comfortable. Circle time consists of an excellent music together session (babies can participate easily), one or two stories, and occasionally a game. Sometimes mothers are given the option of crafts or toys to make, but play time consists of mostly wooden toys in a montessori style setting. During snack time we discuss parenting skills, living values for our children and what stores have the best clothes to buy...! Mothers take turns with bringing snacks, attendance taking, planning...
Please call 0466-54-5755 for more info. Or check the website: www.gatewayinternational.org

By Kenzo_and_kaiya on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 2:57 pm:

Hi! We are a Canadian family living in Chigasaki. We are hoping to start an English playgroup for our two kids aged 4 and 1 and a half. Anyone interested?

By Beach_is_best on Monday, November 5, 2007 - 4:38 pm:

Hi! Following up on Kenzo and kaiya's message. Did you ever get it happening? We are in Fujisawa. Kids are 4 and two (though birthdays for both are around the corner).

By Mikeandmayu on Friday, November 9, 2007 - 4:30 pm:

Hi
We're moving to Fujisawa from Tokyo next week, and have kids 5 and 2. Would be very interested in Kenzo and Kaiya's playgroup.

By Gateway on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 2:57 am:

Hi We have an English Playgroup in Fujisawa. Please have a look at our Website which is in English and Japanese for more information. We also have a Kindergarten and other programs for all age groups. Please contact us if you want to come and observe!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: