Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Tokyo: Akasaka/Roppongi

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: Tokyo: Akasaka/Roppongi
By Erika on Tuesday, July 6, 1999 - 6:46 pm:

Hi, sorry, but kind of hard to contact "Anonymous". How about an e-mail address if for some reason a phone number seems too invasive?

By Yvonne Everett on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 6:57 pm:

Hi!
We'll be moving to Akasaka from California in January, 2000. I have a 1 year old daughter. Would like to join or start a playgroup.

2002 -- email changed to:
yeverett at mb.rosenet.ne.jp

By May Johnson on Saturday, July 1, 2000 - 5:46 pm:

Hi All,

Playgroup In Roppongi/Azabu Area

We have just arrived from Australia (Brisbane) with a 1 year old daughter and are looking for a playgroup or any similar age kids who would like someone to play with in the Roppongi/Azabu area.

I can be contacted at z_mxq@hotmail.com

By Avril Sartori on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 1:50 pm:

Hi there
I have twin 14 month old babies and would love to join an existing playgroup or participate in forming a new one. I live in Minato-ku and was hoping to find 4 or 5 other mom's with toddlers around the same age who would be interested in getting together once a week, either at each others homes or at a fun place like Shiokase park in Odaiba. Please contact Avril at TEL 5479-0516 or e-mail me at aprilekuku@yahoo.com

By Yukari Heron on Wednesday, April 18, 2001 - 6:21 pm:

Hi,
I will be moving to Moto Azabu area in June (few minutes away from Nishimachi International School) and would like to join a playgroup around the area. My son, Daniel will be 18 months old in June. We currently live in Hong Kong and take part in so many children's activities & play groups and keeping us busy throughout the week. I'm worried if I can maintain the same level of activities in Tokyo.

If there isn't any playgroup running in the area, I would like to start one. Based on my experience, I can come up with all sorts of ideas for the children's entertainment / play at home.

By Chieko van Herik-Nishimura on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 11:05 am:

Hi.
I'm looking for playmates for my 10-month-old daughter. If there is any other Mom with similar aged children in the Meguro, Shinagawa, Minato, Setagaya areas interested in getting together during the weekdays for playdates and chats, please email me at beezller@yahoo.com

By tracy watkins on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 9:28 pm:

Hi,
I am looking for playgroups, other mums in the shibuya area. I have a 10 month old son who loves other children. Please contact me if interested or if you know of exsisting group, my e mail is:
gauthierro1@aol.com

By Karen on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 9:42 pm:

The Tokyo Classified magazine (now Metropolis) ran this ad this week:

"Playgroup, run by moms in Roppongi for two and three year olds. Come and join this nonprofit group on Tuesday and Thursday 10am -12 pm. Set times for song and dance, crrafts, stories, snacks and play. Call 3454-0961 or 5376-0666 or see http://www.coopplaygroup.org"

Karen

By janette thompson on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 10:41 pm:

Hi
My name is Jan, just arrived. Living in the Azabu area. Would like to meet other mothers to form playgroup/do playdates/outings. My son is 2years 9 months.
janthompsonjp@yahoo.com

By kavitha rao on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 10:53 pm:

I am a freelance journalist working from home and have a two year old daughter. I would like to trade child care with other work at home moms who don't want to see all their earnings go to the babysitter.I live in Yoyogi Uehara but would be willing to travel. Please excuse my posting in this area; the childcare exchange seems to have been deserted for some time.
English speakers preferred since my daughter only speaks English. Please call me at 34855569 or email me at kmohanrao@yahoo.com if you are interested in discussing this.

Thanks
Kavitha Rao

By Juliet Rogove on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 3:51 pm:

Hi to all Parents and Children,
If you are within travelling distance of Hiroo, please READ ON.
By way of a huge "THANKS!" to all at TWK for your support and excellent work we are posting this very special offer........
Kspace (Baby Gym and Play Centre, Hiroo) has a very special promotion running throughout JUNE & JULY, 2002.
Based in the heart of Tokyo we have a beautiful play gym based in the J.C.C Building, Hiroo. Our programme of activities was designed by phsycologists and physiotherapists, endorsed by the ACEI (Association for Childhood Education International), the Pre School Learning Alliance (UK) and tested by the world's best....our babies! A beautiful centre with great Staff, great family atmosphere and true dedication to promoting international understanding.
Conducted in English (by native English speakers) our classes aim to stimulate all of your child's senses through a magical blend of pure fun, song and organised activity.

OUR SPECIAL OFFERS!!! (JUNE & JULY 2002 PROMOTION)
If you have just had a baby then we would like to help you get out of the house and escape the isolation. Let us offer you a place to come and share with other new mothers and enjoy your baby in a relaxed and interesting environment.

1. The FIRST TWO Tokyo With Kids parents to contact us (and reserve a place) will receive a TOTALLY FREE placement in the Kspace 'Lookers' class. Your prize will entitle you to attend a once weekly class (Wednesday, 12.00) up until your baby reaches its four month milestone. No need to pay a penny!
(We will be announcing names of the winners and posting a progress update via this forum.)
2. For ALL babies under 12 months we have completely dropped the Membership Fee!This is a big saving in initial outlay and you need only pay for your Session Fees.

3. Of course we could not exclude all of our other parents, so for children aged 1 to 3.5 years (our cut off point) the Membership Fee has been sliced in half....just 50% of cost! Session Fees remain as usual.

NEWS FLASH
Read on for other developments at Kspace....
all clients are entitled to one Trial Session, completely free of charge. Come along and see what we have to offer.

We have a Father's Day planned for June 23rd. A great chance to come along with your family, join in the activities and visit our community.

We are delighted to announce that the swimming pool (Tokyo's best kept secret!) is now open. We have both baby and adult pools, full changing facilities, snacks/drinks menu and planned events to follow later in the year. This is not a public pool and offers much needed privacy and seclusion for you and your family.

Baby Massage classes are now running (0-12 months) with full instruction for parents on how to massage and sooth your baby.

Aerobics classes for mothers-to-be and new mothers are held once weekly.

Mothers Discussion Groups held monthly with varying topics, largely member driven. We also have a Book Club and often have visits from speakers within the childcare field.

Outdoor activities and picnics are planned throughout the summer/early autumn. We choose Tokyo's most beautiful sights and 'wow' an amazed audience of passers by whilst our beautiful children play, dance and sing.

Are we for you?
Are you new in Tokyo and need to meet other mums?
Is your child in need of a more challenging, structured environment where freedom of expression and creativity are key?
Are you a Japanese mother who wishes her child to learn English language amongstinternational friends?
Are you a working mother looking for a place where you can send you child and carer, with full confidence that they will both have a wonderful time?

Kspace has something for everyone, so much for all!

Don't forget, ALL clients are entitled to one Trial Session,
completely free of charge. Come along and see what we
have to offer.
Thank you so much for giving me some of your time.
I look forward to meeting you,
Juliet Rogove (Principal)
Please contact us at;
e-mail: juliet@kspace.to
or, click below to view our homepage
http://www.kspace.to/
telephone:03-5774-6059
03-5774-6089

Our postal address is:
Kspace JCC
8-8 HIROO 3-CHOME,
SHIBUYA-KU,
TOKYO 150-0012
END

By Lardy on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 5:49 pm:

Minato-ku
Hi
I'm a french mother (27)and have twins 5 months girls.
I am looking for playgroups, other mums with babies, even japanese because I can speak currently japanese. I live at shirokane takanawa.
my mail adress is lardy@sakura.email.ne.jp
Marie

By Yoko Takei on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 12:24 pm:

Hi
I am a Japanese mother and have a 1 and 10 month year old girl. I lived in California for 10 years. I returned to Japan last October. I am looking for playmates in Bunkyo-ku area.
Please e-mail me at yokos73@hotmail.com

By Yoko Takei on Saturday, February 8, 2003 - 12:11 pm:

I posted a message regarding looking for playmates in Bunkyo-ku area. I'm sorry I gave you a wrong e-mail address. The correct one is yokos1973@hotmail.com
And also, My name appears as Yoko Takei. This is wrong,
too. It appeared as Takei automatically, even though I only typed as Yoko.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you !
Thank you.

By Jina Hong on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 11:23 am:

Hi, we have a 7 month old baby boy and are looking for playmates/groups in minato-ku area. English, Chinese, and Korean languages are all okay. If you have any info or are interested, please call: 03 5545 1337 or email me at: scrabbytoo@yahoo.com
thx

By Mariko on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 11:55 am:

Good news for mothers who look for a good play hall in Minato-ku for their children.
A newly opened in April 2003 Minato municipal play hall for kids (Akasaka kids-to-teens hall) is just an ideal spot to visit.
There is a gymnasium, craft room, library, computer room, TV game room (25 min/day per kid), and a room for babies and toddlers with ball pool, blocks, picture books etc.
Entrance fee is free and it's open from 9:30 to 20:00, 7days a week except national holidays.
The location is Ex Hikawa elementary school, 5 minutes walk from Akasaka Station (exit 5B and walk toward Ark hills and you'll find it on your right hand).
For further information, please send a mail to marikoshin@aol.com.

By Siv Watle on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 2:45 pm:

Hi I have just moved to Tokyo, Roppongi with my 1 year old son and would very much like to join a playgroup. If you know one in the area, please send an e-mail with details to sivwat@hotmail.com.

Best regards
Siv

By Joanne Haynes on Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 6:28 am:

I am sure that you will be interested in the posting on this site - AT LAST! A fantastic new resource for your playgroup

By Cooperative Playgroup on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 7:44 am:

Cooperative Playgroup is an English-language playgroup for two-and three-year-olds, in Roppongi. We are a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every TUESDAY and THURSDAY, 10 am to noon, at the Franciscan Chapel in Roppongi.
The group is run by its members and requires the full participation of both parents and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this is a great group for 2-and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one ! For more information, or to contact us, visit our website
http://www.coop-playgroup.org
Come and join in the fun !

By Cooperative Playgroup on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 9:31 pm:

The cooperative playgroup has a new website! Please check us out at:

http://geocities.com/cooperativeplaygroup

By Cooperative Playgroup on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 7:06 am:

Now seeking members for summer and fall, 2007.
Cooperative Playgroup is an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi. We are a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to noon. The group is run by its members and requires full participation of both parent and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this a fun group for 2- and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one! Come and join the fun! Check out our website at: http://geocities.com/cooperativeplaygroup
Come for a visit and receive our welcome packet: lots of great information on surviving in Tokyo with toddlers. For more information or to schedule a visit, send us an email: Cooperativeplaygroup@yahoo.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: