Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

.Age: 4-5 Year Olds

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: .Age: 4-5 Year Olds
By Nancy Doell on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 1:00 pm:

Wanted: Playmates for 4-5 Year Olds
Hi, I noticed that most playgroups available are only for toddlers. Any moms out there with 4-5 yr old kids living in Akasaka/ Roppongi/ Hiroo/ Shibuya/ Omotesando area who would like to meet up sometimes for our kids to get together. My son is 4 years and 8 months old, and since we just arrived in Tokyo, it has been hard on my boy having no one his age to play with. Please email me or call 090-6942-8687, Nancy Doell nancydoell[at]yahoo.com

By Admin on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 12:32 am:

The following message was mistakenly sent directly to the Discussion Forums Admin:
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:38:20 +0900

Hi!
I have a boy of 4.8 years old and a girl of 6 . We will move from Cambridge-Boston this coming Thursday. My husband found an apartment in Kameari. It is not too far from Tokyo. Maybe we can see you any time soon. My telphone will be 03-5616-2909
Natalia

By Lisa E. Sullivan on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 3:25 pm:

Please contact me regarding Polar Bear Club at 03-3952-4555.
(meeting at Ikebukuro station Jidokan on Tuesdays).

By Trupti Gandhi on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:04 am:

Hi!

I am from India and looking for playmates for my 6 years old son and 3 years old daughter in Meguro area... We speak Enlish and are learning Japanese... Feel free to reply directly to my email address truptigandhi@yahoo.com and I can get in touch with you...

By J Sagawa on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 4:34 pm:

I would like to find or start an English playgroup for 4-6 year olds. I have a 5 year old son and we live in the Ikebukuro area, but would be willing to meet further afield. Please contact us at 03-5241-3464 or email us: lanovami at ybb.ne.jp Thank you.

By Gauri Sathaye on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 12:04 pm:

I am from India and looking for a playgroup for my 2 boys, 4 yr old and 2 yr old. We live in Jiyugaoka. Do we have any such playgroups nearby ?

By Gary McLaughlin on Friday, March 4, 2005 - 9:07 pm:

Hi,

Wanted playmates from 3-6.
I live in Itabashi-ku, Tokyo. This is about 25 minutes from Ikebukuro. We have started a small playgroup and want to expand. My son just turned 3, but loves older kids. The other playmate is a 5 year old boy. We may also be adding a 5 year old girl shortly. So, things are slowly growing and it would be great to add more members. You can email me at brandanryu@yahoo.ca
Gary

By Gary McLaughlin on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 1:06 pm:

Hi,

Wanted playmates from 3-6.
I live in Itabashi-ku, Tokyo. This is about 25 minutes from Ikebukuro. We have started a small playgroup and want to expand. My son just turned 3, but loves older kids. The other playmate is a 5 year old boy. We may also be adding a 5 year old girl shortly. So, things are slowly growing and it would be great to add more members. You can email me at brandanryu@yahoo.ca or you can email Jeremy at lanovami@ybb.ne.jp

Thanks,
Gary

By Steve K on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 3:02 pm:

Any weekend playgroups for 3 to 4 year olds out there? We live in eastern Tokyo, but there don't seem to be many parents who want to join a playgroup in this area.

Shinjuku is only one train line away, so anywhere relatively close by could be suitable.

Steve

By Nami on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 4:05 pm:

Hi, I'm a freelance writer/editor and I am looking for mommy-and-toddler pairs who would be willing to appear in my article in a magazine.
It's a new magazine, which will first come out in July. The name of the magazine is "Happy Mama ETokyo-Yokohama edition". It's a Japanese magazine for moms of toddlers, containing local
information about everything mommys want to know.

The article which I will be writing is a 4 page article titled "Let's go on a playdate!" The main concept behind the article is to promote early English education to the Japanese moms, in a positive, fun way.
What I want to do in the article is to bring 2 pairs of mommy&child (one Japanese, one non-Japanese) together in every issue, and let the kids play together, have the moms chat together, and simply display the fun of communicating across different cultures. In reality, I will be available to translate to extinguish language barriers.

If this is something you are interested in, or if you know someone who may be interested, please contact me by e-mail.Hope to talk to you more soon!

By Gary McLaughlin on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:20 am:

Playgroup for 3-6+,

I have started a playgroup in Tokyo. At first it started out with only one other parent. However, just recently we have expanded to 7 parents. Our first outing is next week. We hope to expand the group further. I have been meeting up regularly with another parent I met on this site. If you are interested please email me at dragonwisdom7@yahoo.ca Our group has children ranging in age from 3-6.5

By Gary McLaughlin on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 3:16 pm:

Playgroup for 3-6 year olds...

We just had our first playgroup outing today (May 29/05)in Yoyogi Park. We went to the Yoyogi Pony Park and then to Yoyogi Park for a picnic. We had 12 families turn up with about 16 children ranging in age from 3 to 6.5 with a good balance of boys and girls. The outing was a great success and we will meet again in another 2-3 weeks. If interested please email me at dragonwisdom7@yahoo.ca

Gary McLaughlin

By yvette takizawa on Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - 11:02 pm:

hi!Nami,
I'm interested in your proposal.please contact me...

yvette

By Yvette Takizawa on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 7:34 pm:

Hi!Im looking for an english speaking parents with kids from 3-5 years old who could join us and help us organize an international playgroup.I can offer our place for the kids to play together.We live at Taito-ku,Tokyo-to very near Asakusa and Sumida Park.Please contact me through mail.

By Angela Turzynski-Azimi on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 11:12 am:

I am looking for opportunities for my almost 4-year old son to play with native English-speaking children. He is Australian/British. We live in Matsudo (Tokiwadaira)but are willing to travel a little way. Please contact me if you are interested in meeting up, even on an occasional basis.

By M. S on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 7:17 am:

I am looking for playmate/group for my daughter to speak English/Japanese.

She is 4yrs old half-Japanese and British. We recently came back to Japan, so she doesn't speak much Japanese.

I could only do on the weekend as I work during weekdays. However I am available for weekday evening if you'd like a mum-drinks leaving kids to hubby!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

By Angela Turzynski-Azimi on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:09 am:

By the way, my son also speaks Persian so if there are any native Persian speakers out there with similar-aged children it would be good to hear from you!

By Steve K on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 3:05 pm:

M.S.

Did you see the earlier post from Gary about a weekend playgroup? If you're interested, please e-mail Gary or me. Our next meeting is this Saturday morning at Shinjuku Gyoen.

By BinHoriuchi on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 6:58 pm:

We are looking for playmate/group who speaks English for our daughter and son.

They are 4yrs and 3yrs old Janese, but were born and grew up in USA.
We just came back from USA to Saitama-shi this September.

So it is confortable for them
to speak English with playmates.

For myself and my wife, there are no international preschool in
this area, so we also needs English plamates for our kids.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Bin Horiuchi

By May Ose on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 9:58 pm:

helloo everyone..
il be 1 yr in japan next month..hoping to meet an english friends here coz i cant speak japanese still though im studying the language already, i got a 7 yr old son..pls email me if you got free time ..

By May Ose on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 10:00 pm:

helloo everyone..
il be 1 yr in japan next month..hoping to meet an english friends here coz i cant speak japanese still though im studying the language already, i got a 7 yr old son..pls email me if you got free time at maytatsu@aol.com

By amy long on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 9:56 am:

Hello Everyone

My husband and I run a playgroup for bi-lingual kids in Saitama-city. About 10 families with kids between the ages of 6 months and 3 years participate. If you live in Saitama and speak English at home, please feel free to join us on Thursdays from 11:00 to 12:30.

Dave, Amy and Alfie (1 year)

By Katherin Higgins on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:54 am:

4-5 year olds build their English vocabulary in a fun environment on Tuesday afternoons.

Email me for more inforlmation.

By Helen Matsuo on Tuesday, November 1, 2005 - 8:58 pm:

We arrived in Ichikawa City two months ago from the UK.My husband is Japanese and I speak enough to get me by.(Having lived in Japan 12yrs ago for two yrs)We have three boys 4,8 & 11.They speak very little Japanese.

We would like to meet other English speaking families in our area. My two older boys are at Japanese public school and my youngest is awaiting a place at kindergarten.Got a lot of time on our hands. I would enjoy some "coffee and conversation", my youngest would love an english speaking playmate.

Please contact me by email.

By Daniel Dahl on Monday, December 5, 2005 - 2:50 am:

My almost 5 yr old bilingual daughter would love a English speaking playmate.We live in Yokohama,Tsurumi-ku.Thanks
Please email daniel.dahl@fe.navy.mil

By Junko KY on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 11:29 am:

I'm looking for playgroups/playmates for my daughter to maintein her English. We live in New York now and plan to move into Setagaya in Tokyo in July. I'm Japanese from Tokyo and my daughter was born in NY and speaks both Japanese and English. She will be four in August.

By Nami on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 12:29 pm:

Hello all!
My name is Nami, and I'm a writer from "Happy Mama" magazine. I do an article for this magazine where Japanese and non-Japanese kids and moms play and chat and just showcase the fun of crossing over language and culture. I'm so pleased to have met so many great people through this site in the past months, and I'm expanding my list of moms&kids who would like to be in the magazine.
If you live in the Kanto area and your kids are 3 to 5 years old, and your primary language at home is NOT Japanese, please send me an e-mail!
I'll get back to you with more details.
Hope to talk to you soon!

takoyaki900@yahoo.co.jp

By Joanna Terashima on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 12:53 pm:

Hi there, I'd like to organise an international playgroup in Chiba, hanging out once or twice or more often monthly. If you are interested, pls contact Joanna via e-mail:
fuioi@hotmail.com

Thank you^ ^

By Jenny on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 5:42 pm:

Dear Joanna,
I've gotten 5 copies of your post for international playgroup in Chiba. I think once would be enough, don't you? I'm not sure but I think the admin for the site has asked us not to SPAM everyone with multiple posts on the same topic.

By Joanna Terashima on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 9:45 pm:

Dear Jenny and all,
I'm terribly sorry that I seem to have spammed you, I really didn't see my ad on the forum that's why I gave it a few tries. Sorry again.

By Kikiorg on Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 5:10 am:

Hello all! My daughter (age 6yo) and I are visiting Japan for the summer and would love to meet some other kids her age. We are staying in a HomeStay in the Sumida area, but are willing to travel for play groups. (We are very close to the SkyTree also, if you want to join us for fun here.)

I'd also love to find some fun things to do with a 6yo. Meaning, temples and museums have limited attention for her. Parks and playgroups are more our style. (Esp cheap/free things to do.)

Her Japanese is so-so and mine is near non-existent!

Thanx!

Kiki & Charlotte

PS Charlotte is in a summer camp next week in the Minato area, so I'm hoping to connect for playdates after that (July 7-25th, 2012.)

By Alisa on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 10:54 am:

Hello for everyone! Please help me, i need native english speaking teacher for kids!! Please mail me if u interested marsi81@inbox.ru

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: