Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Tokyo: Shibuya Area

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: Tokyo: Shibuya Area
By Tracy Okuma on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 12:07 am:

British mum, married to Japanese, with 18 month old girl would like to meet up with other foreigners, with children about the same age, in Shibuya.
To go to Shibuya Kids castle, Tokyo To-Jidokan and other places, once a fortnight (or more!) for fun playtimes. Contact Tracy on tracy[at]phone.ne.jp.

By Victoria Newton on Sunday, October 6, 2002 - 8:44 pm:

Hi
My name is Vicki, I'm British and have a 5 month old baby daughter. I'm keen to meet other Mums with babies to meet up with in and around the Shibuya area.

By kavitha rao on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 1:31 am:

Hi,

I live in Yoyogi Uehara and have a three year old daughter who is desperate for English speaking playmates, especially girls her own age. We would like to meet children in the Yoyogi/Harajuku/Tomigaya areas, (or anywhere within Shibuya) for after school walks in the park, or at my place.

Please email me at kmohanrao@yahoo.com

By Katherin Higgins on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 11:58 am:

0-18 month mom and baby class every Wednesday from 2-3. Sing, learn games to interact with your baby and chat with other moms in english.

18-3 years learn nursery rhymes and fun songs in English. Wednesdays 10:30-11:30

4-5 year olds build their English vocabulary in a fun environment on Tuesdays
Located in Sangubashi on the Odakyu line.
Email me for more information.

By Gerald Vogt on Saturday, January 7, 2006 - 8:58 am:

We are looking for a playgroup for our daughter (just a bit over a month old now). We live in Tomigaya somewhere between the stations Yoyogi-uehara, Yoyogi-koen, Odakyu Yoyogi-hachiman, and Keio Komabatodaimae. English or German. We would join an existing group if possible or start a new one if there is interest.

By Melissa Moore on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 9:41 pm:

Hi, I am new to tokyo, I have two daughters aged 18months and almost 3yrs. We are living in Shibuya and are looking to join a playgroup. My eldest daughter misses her friends and we would all enjoy some new company. I am also looking for music and movement classes. We used to attend Gymboree, is there anything like that in Tokyo.

By Jellund on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 4:03 pm:

Parent-child events in Sangubashi, Yoyogi!

TGI Friday - Fridays 5-6pm
For children aged 3 years and under and their parent/s.
30 minutes of song, dance and extremely noisy activities, including parachute play, tunnel time and bubbletime! Followed by 30 minutes of freeplay in the lunaluna playroom while parents relax with a glass of wine or coffee.
1,000 yen, this includes any craft materials and drinks and snacks.

ATGI Friday (Almost TGI Friday)
Thursday 25th May 7-8pm
A later version of TGI Friday for those waiting at home for a spouses return. Why not go on an after dinner adventure to lunaluna and use up some energy before bedtime?
The same schedule as TGI Friday. 1,000 yen

OMG It's Monday - 8th May, 29th May 10.30-11.30am
30 minutes of song, dance and extremely noisy activities, including parachute play, tunnel time and bubbletime! Followed by 30 minutes of freeplay in the lunaluna playroom while parents have coffee and chat.
1,000 yen

Mothers Day Brunch - Friday 12th May 10.00-12.00am
Spend a relaxing 2 hours celebrating Mothers Day.
3,000 yen (includes food, drinks and a Mothers Day gift)

Fathers Day Arts and Crafts - 14th June 4.30-5.30pm
An hour of crafts, make something nice to give to Papa on fathers day.
Fee tbc

Luna Luna International Kids Club
TEL 03-3469-4000
Shibuya-ku Yoyogi 5-53-9
http://www.lunaluna.jp/index.html

By Robin McFarlane on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 5:39 am:

my 3 year old son would love some English speaking playmates from in and around the Shibuya/Yoyogi/Settagaya-ku area, especially week days.

By Kasumi_ss on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 4:17 pm:

New English Playgroup "Meerkat" will start on Friday 30th November in Hatsudai. If you are looking for a place to let your kids play, make friends, chat and relax, then join us!

Time: Every Friday morning from 10-12.

Activities:
free play, snacktime (coffee will be provided for parents), crafts, story time, parachute time, songs etc.

Place: Hatsudai Seinenkan (Hatsudai Youth Centre) 4th Floor, 1 -33-10 Hatsudai, Shibuya-ku. (Nest to Hatashiro Primary School)

Fee: 500yen/month per parent to cover costs
for coffee and supplies for the kiddies.
The first 500 yen will cover Nov and Dec and the group will start up again on Jan 11th.

Number of membership is limited because of the rooms size (approx. up to 20 parents and 20 children) and Shibuya-ku residents have priority as we are using local Youth Centre.
There is stroller access, a lift and a changing area.

We'll bring some toys, materials and coffee but we'd like to ask each parent to bring:
- some toys your little one wouldn't mind sharing
- your own cup for coffee
- a snack for your child

If you're interested and would like directions to the first get together on 30th November, please le me know (10eaton-neutralbay@ezweb.ne.jp) If you cannot come on 30th, don't worry. You can join us from December or January. But please let me know in order to keep your place.

This is a non-profit organization and the group is run by volunteers who are also members of the group.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kasumi

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: