Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Tokyo: Yoyogi Park/Tomigaya/Komaba

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: Tokyo: Yoyogi Park/Tomigaya/Komaba
By Lorraine Sandford on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 12:37 am:

Hi I moved to Tokyo a month ago. I have 2 sons 3 and 1 years old and would be interested in having a toddler tiring session at my house and garden on a Tuesday or Thursday. I live in Tomigaya nearish to Yoyogi Park. I'm English and a nurse but don't let that put you off. Weak tea and coffee supplied. Lorraine Sandford-Charlie and Myles

By Fred Fishman on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 11:53 am:

Looking for playmates for our son who just became 5 last month. I am a native New Yorker and my wife is Japanese. Our son speaks Japanese and understands some English. We live in Shibuya near Yoyogi Park. I can be reached through e-mail or at 070-6401-6120. Thank you.

By Fred Fishman on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 10:23 am:

Our son is 5 1/2 years old. He is a very friendly, energetic and considerate child. He speaks Japanese but can understand English. We are looking for either individual playmates, an established playgroup, or people interested in forming a playgroup. We live near Yoyogi Park in Shibuya and are from the US and Japan.If you are interested please send a message to fhfkla@twics.com

By kavitha rao on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 1:37 am:

Hi,

I can't seem to post this message in the Yoyogi area, so I am starting a new conversation here. I live in Yoyogi Uehara and have a three year old daughter who is desperate for English speaking playmates, especially girls her own age. We would like to meet English speaking children in the Yoyogi/Komaba/Tomigaya areas, (or anywhere within Shibuya) for after school walks in the park, or at my place.

Please email me at kmohanrao@yahoo.com

By Katherin Higgins on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 10:51 pm:

I am looking to put together or join a playgroup for 2-10 month olds. I live within a 5min walk of Sangubashi station, Odakyu line, 6mins train from Shinjuku Station.

By Tese on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 9:28 am:

Hi Katherin,

My family and I will be moving to the Kichijoji area in September...we have an 8 mo son. Did you ever get the playgroup going? If so, please share info on meeting times. Also, about how far is Kichijoji to your area?

By Katherin Higgins on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 11:33 pm:

On October 5th at 3pm a mom and tots class will be held for 0-18mo at Luna-luna, its website is http://www.lunaluna.jp/,http://www.lunaluna.jp/}

The point is for mothers to sing/learn english children songs and nursey rhymes which they can then teach to their baby and tots. There will be activity time for the tots while the mothers can practice or just chat in english. It is geared toward mothers for whom english is a second language but all who are interested should give it a try.

The cost is 1500yen. It is a five minute walk from Sangubashi station on the Odakyu. It is across from Maru Man supermarket in a babycare center that not only has babysitting but also offers programs like english/baby activity class, afternoon tea, cooking classes.

By Katherin Higgins on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 11:52 am:

0-18 month mom and baby class every Wednesday from 2-3. Sing, learn games to interact with your baby and chat with other moms in english.

18-3 years learn nursery rhymes and fun songs in English. Wednesdays 10:30-11:30

4-5 year olds build there english vocabulary in a fun environment on Tuesdays

Email me for more information.

By Gerald Vogt on Saturday, January 7, 2006 - 8:57 am:

We are looking for a playgroup for our daughter (just a bit over a month old now). We live in Tomigaya somewhere between the stations Yoyogi-uehara, Yoyogi-koen, Odakyu Yoyogi-hachiman, and Keio Komabatodaimae. English or German. We would join an existing group if possible or start a new one if there is interest.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: