Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

.Day 2: Tuesdays

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: .Day 2: Tuesdays
By Chieko Nishimura on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 1:17 pm:

We are a very active playgroup visiting zoos, museums, playgrounds, aquariums etc. in Tokyo area. We are meeting the 1st Tuesday of the months and the 3rd Wednesday around 11 a.m. at different places. Our kids are between 10 months and 4 years old and the number of members we try to maintain is maximum 15 . Check out our webiste if you're interested.
http://groups.msn.com/TuesdayPlayGroup/_homepage.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

By Lisa E. Sullivan on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 4:09 pm:

Hello! We are looking for children and their English-speaking parents to join Polar Bear Club, which meets every Tuesday for songs, crafts, activities and free play in the Nishi Ikebukuro Jidokan (Children's Hall), which is near the Metropolitan hotel and the fire station on the east side of Ikebukuro station.

By Jun Morita on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 5:19 pm:

Hello!Tuesday playgroup is seeking new members again. The mothers from all over the world are highly welcomed. We go to various attractive spots in Tokyo with children every
Tuesdays. If you are staying in Japan and have no plan to do on Tuesdays, please join us and find more good things about Japan.

If you are interested, email me at tuesday_playgroup@hotmail.com

By Yelena Gluzman on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 9:24 am:

Hi everyone. I have been part of this great playgroup for almost a year. Through it,
my son and I have discovered most of what we know about Tokyo, made great friends and had a lot of fun. It is low key (ie if you are busy one tuesday and can't make it, it's not a big deal), and genereally you get as much out of it as you put in. Many members are in transition now (some leaving Japan, others - like me - about to have new babies, some starting school), so the group is again seeking new members. Every week, a different mom (or dad or guardian) thinks of the meeting spot. In this way, the group discovers new places instead of being stuck in the same old park or children's hall. Anyway, below is the official info for the group. I recommend it to any active parents with a lust for toddler-friendly adventure.

best, Yelena
(if you have private questions about the group, feel free to email me)

Come and explore Tokyo with us!!!

The Tuesday Playgroup is looking for new members. We are a really active,
international and multi-cultural playgroup. It's a great way to discover parts of Tokyo that you may not normally find.

Get together/ Every Tuesday from about 10:00

Place/ It will change every week. we visit various places in Tokyo.

Kids age/ around 1-4 yrs old.

Regular members / There are about 10 members made up of Australian, American, British, German and Japanese mums. All nationalities welcome.

Contact / please email to tuesday_playgroup[at]hotmail.com
Yuki Yatani 03-5701-5725 Mobile 090-1668-6719

By Cooperative Playgroup on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 7:50 am:

Now seeking members for summer and fall, 2006.
Cooperative Playgroup is an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi. We are a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to noon. The group is run by its members and requires full participation of both parent and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this a fun group for 2- and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one! Come and join the fun! Check out our website at: http://geocities.com/cooperativeplaygroup
Come for a visit and receive our welcome packet: lots of great information on surviving in Tokyo with toddlers. For more information or to schedule a visit, send us an email: Cooperativeplaygroup@yahoo.com

By Mimi_x on Thursday, February 7, 2008 - 1:32 am:

Hi! Bunkyo English Circle is now seeking new members!!! We have 2 classes, for mothers and 0-2 year old babies and for 3-4 year old kids.

We meet at 10:30 in Bunkyo-ku for songs, dances, crafts, games etc in English. After the circle, we often have lunch together and enjoy chatting.

We are also seeking an English speaking mother who can help us to run the circle as an assistant teacher. We already have a main teacher and would love to share our teaching method, so even if you have no experience, you can lean and be the assistant teacher(or maybe you can get a chance to be a main teacher). Teachers can bring their kids and let them join their own classroom.

To get more details, please contact:
bunkyoenglish@yahoo.co.jp
Thank you! :-)

Mimi x

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: