Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

.Age: 2-3 Year Olds

Japan With Kids - Forums: Playgroups and Pals: .Age: 2-3 Year Olds
By Lisa E. Sullivan on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 4:26 pm:

Please contact me regarding Polar Bear Club at 3952-4555.

By fatima nushrath on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 11:41 am:

hi!i would love to hear more about the 2 -3 yr old play group.my daughter is 3 yrs old. please do reply to me.

By Jun Morita on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 5:31 pm:

Hello!Tuesday playgroup is seeking new members again. The mothers from all over the world are highly welcomed. We go to various attractive spots in Tokyo with children every
Tuesdays. If you are staying in Japan and have no plan to do on Tuesdays, please join us and find more good things about Japan.

If you are interested, email me at tuesday_playgroup@hotmail.com

By Blue Sky on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 10:46 am:

Blue Sky Go Baby Go! is starting an extra music and movement class on Mondays for 2-3 year olds. We sing songs, dance and spin to music, jump on the mini trampoline, play with the finger puppets and the parachute, and have lots of fun in this active class for mothers and toddlers. Located in Setagaya-ku only 4 stops from Shibuya. Please email for details blue.sky[at]gol.com

By sunasezer on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - 1:26 am:

hello I am travelling to tokyo with my 2 year old daughter in July, we'll be staying in the komae city area. Does anyone know about any play groups or fun things for kids to do? Please email me i'd really appresaite any advice.

Thanks sunasezer[at]yahoo.co.uk

By Stefania Butler on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 1:42 pm:

Hi,
My family is relocating to Japan in the late summer (husband's job). I am currently a stay-a-home mom in San Francisco, CA with a 2yo girl and baby due in September. I have a very established group of mom friends here and we have playgroup 1x/week and outings usu. one other time per week. I am nervous about being isolated and alone once we
move to Tokyo. I'd love to be contacted to join any/all playgroups.
We hope to move to the Hiroo area. We are interested in meeting people from all over the world. We are very friendly and open people.

Thanks! Stefania Butler dearbutlers[at]mac.com
PS We are truly overwhelmed at the thought of moving so far with 2 small children. We welcome any advice!

By Alicia Dojillo on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 4:22 pm:

Hi! I live in kamata. And my daughter is 2.5yrs old. Does anybody knows an english speaking play group within kamata area or near kamata? Thanks in advance for your help..Pls email me at alicia_dojillo@yahoo.com

By Daniella Wong on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 5:10 pm:

Hi! A friend of mine lives in Chinzanso area of Tokyo and she has an 18 month old son. She is a foreigner looking for an English speaking playgroup in the Ikebukuro area. If anyone is also in that area can you please E-mail her to let her know of any playgroups around there. Her E-mail is rsofjan@hotmail.com
Thank you.

By Blue Sky on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 11:49 pm:

Just writing to advise the website for Blue Sky.
http://www.blueskytokyo.com Please visit for details of mother/baby playgroups, breastfeeding classes and baby slings.

By Cooperative Playgroup on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 9:17 am:

Cooperative Playgroup is an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi.

The Cooperative Playgroup is a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to noon, at the Franciscan Chapel Center in Roppongi. The group is run by its members and requires full participation of both parent and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this a great group for 2- and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one! Come and join the fun!

For more information, contact Caroline at caro@plb.co.jp or 03-3411-5707.

By Yuki Akiyama on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 4:51 pm:

Hi! I live in Saitama, Shiki I am looking for friends that live around this area. I have a 3 years old boy and I want him to speak Spanish and English.

By Indo mommy on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 5:48 pm:

hi Yuki san,

I have a 2 year old girl. I live in Wako-shi. I have a couple of friends but would like to make more, for me and my daughter.

You can mail me at 0375486803@jcom.home.ne.jp

take care,

By Steve K on Friday, November 12, 2004 - 3:48 pm:

Any other parents of three-year olds in Edogawa-ku (eastern Tokyo)?

Steve

By Tamami and Lorenzo Wyatt on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 2:14 am:

ICHIKAWA-SHI, CHIBA
(Eastern Tokyo area)

We moved to the area from NYC in October '04. We have a 2.5yr old daughter and 6mos. son.

In NYC, playgroups -- 2 to 3 days weekly -- with nice families and kids enriched the lives of both my daughter and wife. We would like to re-create that magic here in Japan.

We're looking for geographic desirables as transporting two babies to Western Tokyo by car or train can be chotto taihen ne.

We look forward to favorable replies.

Thank you.

By Steve K on Monday, February 7, 2005 - 12:15 pm:

Hi,

We're a bit southwest of you, in Edogawa-ku in Tokyo, but not too far. Our daughter is 3 years 7 months old. How far are you from Ichikawa station or Koiwa station?

Steve

By Jed Jones on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 7:24 pm:

My wife and I have a 3 month old and a 2 year old and are looking for playgroups in the Kawasaki/Yokohama areas for either or both children. We live in Kawasaki (off of the Nambu line) but can also travel to Yokohama. If you live in one of these areas we would enjoy meeting you.

By patrick heller on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 8:28 pm:

My wife and I have a two year old son, and we would like him to play with other English-speaking toddlers near Sakura-shinmachi, Komazawa (Denentoshi line). Free for outtings and the like on weekends.

By Blue Sky on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 9:47 pm:

Hi Patrick
Blue Sky has toddler music and movement groups in English for your son's agegroup, right here near Sakura Shinmachi station, and the Blue Sky community has events like our big Easter Egg hunt in Baji Koen, Halloween, Christmas and so on. Please see web site: http://www.blueskytokyo.com/ for more details.

By Aya on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 12:26 am:

I'm looking for Playgroups in the Yokohama Kawasaki area.(
KeihinTohokuLine)
I have 2month boy and 3years girl.
Please let me know about Playgroups around there.

By yoko sato on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 8:55 am:

Hello !! We are an American-Japanese couple with a 3-yr-old boy living in Machida. We would like to meet other English-speaking people with small kids on weekends for lunch, coffee, going to a park and etc etc. If you live in the area, please contact us !! Hope to hear from you soon.
Yoko

By Yuri Goda-Nomura on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 10:16 am:

Yoko

Hi, I have a playgroup every 1st and 3rd Friday near Machida, Nagatsuta-station. You can come by car or by train. We sing English songs, and play. If you are interested please e-mail me at yurigoda@hotmail.com

yuri

By Cooperative Playgroup on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 6:32 am:

Cooperative Playgroup is an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi.

The Cooperative Playgroup is a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to noon, at the Franciscan Chapel Center in Roppongi. The group is run by its members and requires full participation of both parent and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this a great group for 2- and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one! Come and join the fun! Check out our website at:

http://www.coopplaygroup.org

By Joanna Bennett on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 1:52 pm:

Cleverjelly is a playgroup for 2 going on 3's in Yoyogi Uehara.
Please contact Joanna Bennett for more details.

By nicole. on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 12:11 am:

Hello,im looking to communicate via emails with mothers with children living in Japan,Tokyo.
I have a 2yrs old.I would like to know people who are willing to go out ,have coffee,and let the children enjoy themselves while we can chat!
email{j00a@yahoo.com,j00a@yahoo.com}

By Hiromi Ishimoto on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:37 am:

hello, is there an english-speaking play group in the bunkyo-ku area for 2-3year olds?

By Maionuki on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 10:55 pm:

Hello. I'm looking for international children's playgroup around Kaminoge and Seta area.I'm Japanese and my daughter is going to 3 in August.Please e-mail to
h-onuki@cd6.so-net.ne.jp

By Joan Stewart on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 11:39 pm:

We just moved to Nagoya from Chicago last week, and I'm looking for a playgroup and/or activities for my 2.75 year-old son. Any ideas or leads would be very much appreciated.

Please e-mail joan@stewartnudo.com

By Jacqui Miyabayashi on Monday, May 9, 2005 - 10:32 pm:

Hi
Looking for playmates for my 3 1/2 year old in Osaka, pref central to south. Midosuji subway or Tanimachi subway. He's a bilingual English/Japanese speaker.

By Nami on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 4:52 pm:

Hi,

I am looking for mommy-and-
toddler pairs who would be
willing to appear in my article
in a magazine.
It's a new magazine, which will
first come out in July. The name
of the magazine is "Happy Mama
ETokyo-Yokohama edition". It's
a Japanese magazine for moms of
toddlers, containing local
information about everything
mommys want to know.

The article which I will be
writing is a 4 page article
titled "Let's go on a playdate!"
The main concept behind the
article is to promote early
English education to the
Japanese moms, in a positive,
fun way.
What I want to do in the article
is to bring 2 pairs of mommy&
child (one Japanese, one non-
Japanese) together in every
issue, and let the kids play
together, have the moms chat
together, and simply display the
fun of communicating across
different cultures.
In reality, I will be available
to translate to extinguish
language barriers.

If this is something you are
interested in, or if you know
someone who may be interested,
please contact me by e-mail.

Hope to talk to you more soon.

By Gary McLaughlin on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 11:18 am:

Playgroup for 3-6+,

I have started a playgroup in Tokyo. At first it started out with only one other parent. However, just recently we have expanded to 7 parents. Our first outing is next week. We hope to expand the group further. I have been meeting up regularly with another parent I met on this site. If you are interested please email me at dragonwisdom7@yahoo.ca Our group has children ranging in age from 3-6.5

By Elena on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 3:47 pm:

Looking for a playmate(s) for a 1.8 month old boy in Saitama near Higashi-Urawa station(Musashino line).

Any nationalities Ok if Mom speaks English.

I enjoy Montessori approach and "educating with brain in mind". If you familiar with these topics it would be fun to have a talk at some playground or other children friendly place.

Possible child care exchange.
Contact me at liepaya@yahoo.com
Elena.

By Elena on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 3:53 pm:

correction to the previous post:

my son is 1 year and 8 month old (not 1.8 month :))

Elena.

By yelena on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 7:29 pm:

The TUESDAY PLAYGROUP is looking for new members. We are a really active, international and multi-cultural playgroup. It is a great way to discover parts of Tokyo you may not normally find.

We meet every TUesday around 10am.

The location changes every week, as we try to visit interesting places aruond Tokyo.

The kids are aged between 2 and 4. There are about 10 regular members, including Australian, American, British and Japanese moms.

My personal note: this is a great playgroup. I have seen so much of Tokyo with these lovely ladies, a great community. Last week we went to Yokohama! Really fun. If you want to ask me any questions, email me at gumshoegluzman@yahoo.com.

If you want official information (including our plans for next week), email tuesday_playgroup@hotmail.com, or contact Yuki Yatani 03-5701-5725, 090-1668-6719.

By Gary McLaughlin on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 4:14 pm:

Playgroup for 3-6 year olds...

We just had our first playgroup meeting today (May 29/05) in Yoyogi Park. We went to the Yoyogi Pony Park and then to Yoyogi Park for a picnic. We had 12 families turn up with about 16 children ranging in age from 3 to 6.5 with a good balance of boys and girls. The outing was a great success and we will meet again in another 2-3 weeks. If interested please email me at dragonwisdom7@yahoo.ca

Gary McLaughlin

By Roxy on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 9:58 pm:

Re; Playgroup for 2-3 year olds

Hi,

We live in Jiyugaoka and we are looking for a playgroup or the like for our 2-year-old girl. She is very sociable and really enjoys playing with other little girls around her age- very good at sharing and taking turns. She enjoys all nationalities, but can only communicate in English. She loves music and the piano (which we would like for her to learn later on).

If anyone knows of or has any suggestions for a group that is near the Jiyugaoka area we would appreciate your help.

Regards,
Roxy

e-mail: jiyugaoka232@yahoo.com

By Diane Daly on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 4:32 am:

Hello...any playgroups or playmates in Kochi-shi? We will move there in late July; my son is just turning 3, and my husband may be the one showing up. Email didaly@hotmail.com . Thanks!

By taylin taylor on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 4:53 pm:

Playgroup in Hiroo

My son is 2 years old. We would like to join or start a morning weekday playgroup in the Hiroo or Roppongi area.

Please write to us if you are interested!

Taylin

By Melissa Woods Nelson on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 11:44 pm:

We are a Swiss-American couple with a very social 2 1/2 year old and a 13 month old (English- and German dialect-speaking). We have just arrived from Cairo, where we had a wonderful weekly play group and toddler music class. I would love to find something similar here, for the kids and for me, too! We are currently in Roppongi, will move to Shibuya in mid-July. Anyone know of anything in our area? If there is no group currently, I would be interested in setting one up... anyone interested? Please email me at melissawoods@hotmail.com, and mention "playgroup" in the subject line. Thanks!

By Melissa Woods Nelson on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 2:50 pm:

Two more questions: Anyone know of a casual play group in Roppongi (near Roppongi Hills) we could attend a few times before we move to Shibuya in mid-July? We have a 2 1/2 year old and an (almost) 14 month old.My son is missing his old friends and I'd love to meet some parents here. We are also interested in meeting individual parents with kids in the area for play dates (where is a good place to meet moms and kids here?).

Second question: Does anyone know of a Swiss German-language play group anywhere in Tokyo, or any Swiss German speakers age 2-4 looking for playmates?

I'd be grateful for any responses, please email me at melissawoods@hotmail.com and mention "playgroup" in the subject line so your message doesn't go out with the junk mail. Thanks!

By Akiko Kuramoto on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 5:48 pm:

Hi!
We just moved from NJ. I am looking for a play group for my almost 2 year old son (will turn 2 next month!). Anyone know of any play groups in the Okusawa/Jiyuugaoka/Deenchoufu area (I am close to all 3 stations)?
Please contact me at wadaak@yahoo.com
Thanks!

By Rie Obe on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 9:06 am:

I 'm a vegetarian mom and would
love my sons to be one, but I have a
lot of difficulies, and cannot
persuade even my husband. I'm
stuck. So I tried to start VEGGIE MOM
group to share the information and
study, but then I have a second
thought. I would love to create a veg
kid circle with mom who want to her
kids to be vegetarian. My boys are 2
and 6. If any mom who have child of
their age and have interest to be
into it, please contact me at
rie.obe@jcom.home.ne.jp

By Rie Obe on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 9:23 am:

I've got three reponses. Thanks. We
will get together in September( Two
families are going back to their
country for holiday). If anybody who
wants their kids to be vegetarian here
in Tokyo, please join us. Kids aged
(2-6) are welcomed. Contact me at
rie.abe@jcom.home.ne.jp

By anja holder on Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - 2:52 pm:

Hallo, we're a German family with two little girls (3month and 23month).We just moved to Tokyo.
I'm looking for a (international)playgroup (especially for our older daughter Hannah) in the Azabujuban/Roppongi/Hiroo-Area.
I'd be grateful for any responses. Please e-mail me:
anja_holder@freenet.de

By Cooperative Playgroup on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 8:48 am:

The Cooperative Playgroup is a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to noon, at the Franciscan Chapel Center in Roppongi. The group is run by its members and requires full participation of both parent and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this a great group for 2- and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one! Come and join the fun!

Check out our new website at:
http://geocities.com/cooperativeplaygroup

For more information, you can email us at cooperativeplaygroup@yahoo.com or contact Mary at 045-562-9236

By Hiro Tamura on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 1:20 am:

Playmates wanted in Sakura Shinmachi/
Komazawa area.

We are Japanese family with a 2 year old
daughter who is very sociable and can
communicate both in English and Japanese.
We are just back from NYC this summer and
looking for playmates in neighborhood. All
nationalities are welcome!

Hiro

By Helen Braithwaite on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 1:20 am:

We have just moved to the Atsuta area of
Nagoya.

I am desperate to find playgroups/music
groups/gym classes/anything that would
enable my 2 year old daughter to meet up
with other children (of any nationality).

Please email me on helenagg[at]yahoo.co.uk
Thanks.

By Elizabeth Yonetsugi on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 10:33 pm:

Hi, I am a British mum with a half Japanese 3 yr old dtr. My husband and I are coming back to Japan so that Lily can learn Japanese and we intend for her to go to a local kindergarden in Matsudo. But I would love to find a good English language playgroup in Chiba/East Tokyo so that she doesn't lose her English ability. If anyone knows anything could you e-mail me at EliYonetsugi@yahoo.co.uk

By Shima Guy on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 1:02 am:

I am looking for playmate/group
for my daughters to speak
English/Japanese.

I am Japanese mum and my
daughters are 3.8 and 1.7yr old
half British.
They understand both English/
Japanese.

We live in Katsushika but very
near to Ayase ST. Adachi Tokyo.

Please e-mail me at
garden-eel-
522@u01.gate01.com

By Angela Turzynski-Azimi on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 10:44 am:

Shima, your e-mail adddress doesn't seem to work anymore - my messages sent yesterday bounced back.

Angela

By Shima Guy on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 1:32 pm:

Angela

I am very sorry about that.
It seems that the PC provider
I use, has had some problems
for 2days.
Could you sent e-mail at
\mail
{uribowguy@hotmail.com,uribowguy
@hotmail.com}
please?

Shima

By Cooperative Playgroup on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 11:32 am:

FCC Cooperative Playgroup has a new web site!

Check it out at:

We are an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi. During playgroup sessions we enjoy free play, singing & dancing, snack time, reading and art.

For more information, you can also email us at cooperativeplaygroup@yahoo.com or contact Mary at 045-562-9236

By sanae kitazaki lindsey on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 7:40 pm:

Hello I'm looking for a playgroup/playmates for my 21 months old daughter(born Jan 2004). We've just arrived from London and we live in Shoto-Shibuya.Please e-mail me at sunnykt@hotmail.com
Thank you.
Sanae

By Tony Law on Wednesday, November 2, 2005 - 1:19 pm:

Adventurous Dads for camping

I am looking for adventurous type to go together on camping/hiking adventures for bonding with our children. My only daughter is 3 years old. I communicate only in English; however I can understand her Japanese.
Usually our inner city excursions are from Friday evening and Saturdays and usually include boat rides and "kodomo-no-shiro" etc.
I always carry flash cards on our outings and am focused on giving the children the basics (colors, shapes, drawing, and singing). I am looking for others that are educationally focused and would like to improve learning efficiency by adding a peer for their children.

Please contact me at westsan@gmail.com

By Tony Law on Wednesday, November 2, 2005 - 3:17 pm:

ŞBy the way I am in AZABU/ROPPONGI.

By Kiwi Mum on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 9:17 pm:

I have recently moved to Tokyo and have enrolled my 3yr old son in a new international preschool called ACORN. ACORN is very new and only has a handful of students. My son absolutely loves it there and we hope that more students enrol soon. The premises are small but a happy vibrant place filled with natural light. It is conveniently located in Moto-Azabu and the children go to the park everyday (weather permitting). The ladies running the school are lovely and my son is enjoying lots of attention. He is learning lots and having heaps of fun doing art, singing and dancing.

ACORN is VERY reasonably priced so perfect for expats who have to pay their own fees. I hope that more expats support the school and enrol their kids as this is what Tokyo desperately needs.

I have no connection with the school other than having my son enrolled there.

For those looking for a preschool it is worth checking ACORN out http://www.acorn-school.com

By Lisa Ramirez on Thursday, December 8, 2005 - 2:57 pm:

Hello. My family and I recently moved from the US in October. I am looking for a playgroup in the Hiroo/Azabu area. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and a 1 year old daughter who would love some playmates and I could use some adult conversation! Please email me at lisaraul@hotmail.com. Thanks!

By Cooperative Playgroup on Saturday, January 7, 2006 - 8:28 am:

Happy New Year Moms and Dads!
FCC Cooperative Playgroup is celebrating our 30th year anniversary in 2006!

Check us out at:

We are an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi. During playgroup sessions we enjoy free play, singing & dancing, snack time, reading and art.
For more information, you can also email us at cooperativeplaygroup@yahoo.com

By Jellund on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 1:49 pm:

My friend and I have just started a very active playgroup on Friday evenings from 5-6pm. This is aimed at children aged 3 and under. There is 30 minutes of action songs, dancing and very noisy activities as well as a small craftime and then 30 minutes of freeplay for the children while mums/parents relax with a glass of wine or cup of tea. This is non-profit, we charge 1000yen per parent and child and 500yen for additional children and this money goes towards room rental and children's craft equipment and games.
This is held at lunaluna kids room in Sangubashi on the Odakyu line. Please email me if you would like to join this group or if you would just like to come and try one session. Everyone is welcome.

There is more information about our group, TGI Fridays, on the lunaluna webpage here

http://www.lunaluna.jp/english/e_event/e_TGI%20Friday/e_tgi.html

By Cooperative Playgroup on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 7:23 am:

Now seeking members for summer and fall, 2007.
Cooperative Playgroup is an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi. We are a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to noon. The group is run by its members and requires full participation of both parent and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this a fun group for 2- and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one! Come and join the fun! Check out our website at: http://geocities.com/cooperativeplaygroup
Come for a visit and receive our welcome packet: lots of great information on surviving in Tokyo with toddlers. For more information or to schedule a visit, send us an email: Cooperativeplaygroup@yahoo.com

By Cooperative Playgroup on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 7:29 am:

Now seeking members for summer and fall, 2007.
Cooperative Playgroup is an English-language playgroup for two- and three-year-olds, in Roppongi. We are a private, not-for-profit organization, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to noon. The group is run by its members and requires full participation of both parent and child. With set times for song and dance, crafts, stories, snacks, and play, this a fun group for 2- and 3-year old English-speaking children whose parents are willing to contribute their talents and time to make their child's first group play experience a happy and positive one! Come and join the fun! Check out our website at: http://geocities.com/cooperativeplaygroup
Come for a visit and receive our welcome packet: lots of great information on surviving in Tokyo with toddlers. For more information or to schedule a visit, send us an email: Cooperativeplaygroup@yahoo.com

By Sari Helen Krassin on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 7:35 am:

New Family in Moto Azabu looking to start a playgroup! I would like to get a plyagroup going for children ages 2-4 and their younger siblings ages 0+ This is a free playgroup. We meet Mon. and Wed. or once a week. Each mother or nanny must host from 10-am12pm at home or a local park. We plan outings 1x month. It's about ENJOYING motherhood and letting our children play! Hosting involves only drinks and causal snack ie. crackers nothing fancy! Welcome all nationalities and languages please email Sari Krassin at kalikrassin@yahoo.com or call 03-3456-6027

By Shravanti Ghosh on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 1:58 pm:

Hi,

I have recently moved to Yokohama from India. I have a two year old daughter. I am looking for a playgroup in Yokohama. Please mail me at sonal_g@yahoo.com.
Thanks and regards,
Shravanti

By Sari Helen Krassin on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 3:29 pm:

Hi I'm a Moto Azabu mother and I want to start a playgroup similar to the one back home in the US. It is open to 2-4 year olds and their younger siblings. We can met Mon. & Wed. from 10-12pm. Each mother is responisble for hosting a playdate either at a park or their home. We plan monthly outings and best of all there no charge to anyone. The host only supplies drinks and small snacks like crackers something for the kids. It's for mother's who ENJOY spending time with their children and meeting other mothers. email me if interested in starting up Mothers at Moto Azabu (M.A.M.A.)all areas of Tokyo any language and nationality welcome. If interested please email me.
kalikrassin@yahoo.com

By Sari Helen Krassin on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 3:29 pm:

Hi I'm a Moto Azabu mother and I want to start a playgroup similar to the one back home in the US. It is open to 2-4 year olds and their younger siblings. We can met Mon. & Wed. from 10-12pm. Each mother is responisble for hosting a playdate either at a park or their home. We plan monthly outings and best of all there no charge to anyone. The host only supplies drinks and small snacks like crackers something for the kids. It's for mother's who ENJOY spending time with their children and meeting other mothers. email me if interested in starting up Mothers at Moto Azabu (M.A.M.A.)all areas of Tokyo any language and nationality welcome. If interested please email me.
kalikrassin@yahoo.com

By Sari Helen Krassin on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 3:31 pm:

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

By Sari Helen Krassin on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 3:32 pm:

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

By Sari Helen Krassin on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 3:44 pm:

kalikrassin@yahoo.com

By Kim Lian Takashima on Friday, March 3, 2006 - 1:20 pm:

Hello, I would like to know is there a chinese speaking playgroup somewhere near Oomiya, Saitama? I'm able to travel further if there's one. I am a chinese born in Malaysia and married to a japanese, so I can speak understandable japanese, english and chinese. My 3-year-old son speaks japanese, a bit of english and very little chinese too.

kymandryo@yahoo.com

By thenry on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 6:01 pm:

hello, we're a family of canadian/german background recently moved to the meguro area. i'm looking for playmates for my two year old daughter and some coffee company for myself. we also have a two month old daughter who's just learned to smile! love to hear from all. please email to thenryjapan@yahoo.com

By Tam on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 11:07 am:

Working mum would like bilingual son age 3
years to have English speaking playmates to
meet up on weekends to counterbalance
Japanese input from daycare. (Also have a 3
month old daughter.) Living in Kichijoji
willing to travel nearby to Mitaka, Inokashira
Line and Chuo line. Please email
tam@planet-tam.com

By Rachel Torimoto on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 11:09 am:

My son (2 1/2) and I are visiting Tokyo (Shinjuku area) for the next two months (until mid-June, 2006). Looking for playmates for my son (and mom company for me, too) if anyone has "open" playgroups in the area, or somewhat nearby. We know the subway and JR system, so are willing to travel a bit.
rtorimoto@gmail.com

By Nami on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 1:25 pm:

Hello all!
My name is Nami, and I'm a writer from "Happy Mama" magazine. I do an article for this magazine where Japanese and non-Japanese kids and moms play and chat and just showcase the fun of crossing over language and culture. I'm so pleased to have met so many great people through this site in the past months, and I'm expanding my list of moms&kids who would like to be in the magazine.
If you live in the Kanto area and your kids are 3 to 5 years old, and your primary language at home is NOT Japanese, please send me an e-mail!
I'll get back to you with more details.
Hope to talk to you soon!

takoyaki900@yahoo.co.jp

By Tomoko Bergan on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 4:15 pm:

Looking for a playgroup for my 2 1/2 year old daughter. She is bilingual (japanese/english). We live in Ebisu but willing to travel to near by stations.
Please email me if you are interested in getting together.
Thanks!

By Tomoko Bergan on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 4:19 pm:

Looking for a playgroup for my 2 1/2 year old daughter. She is bilingual (japanese/english). We live in Ebisu but willing to travel to near by stations.
Please email me if you are interested in getting together.

tkaku@yahoo.com

Thanks!

By madhavi on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 12:54 pm:

Hi,

I am an Indian mom (english speaking) living in the Azabu area in Tokyo. I have a 3 and half year old son. I am interested in meeting other moms who would like to have play dates with my son.

Thank you

By Mandy Sandy on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 11:50 pm:

I am looking for an english playgroup in Tokyo for 2-3 year olds. Is there any active one in town ?

By Enrico Savorelli on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 1:18 am:

Hello,

We recently moved to Tokyo from London. We're looking for english-speaking playgroups or playmates for our 3 and a half year old boy.

We live near to Meguro Station, suitable areas could be Ebisu, Shibuya, Shirokane, Shirokane-Takanawa, Azabu-Juban, Hiroo

Please call 03 5208 6390 or email savorelli@yahoo.com

Regards, Enrico

By Gillian on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 1:34 pm:

Hi! I am currently staying in Azabu Juban and looking for friendly playmates for my 20mth old son and someone to hang out with once or twice a week or so. We are having a great time exploring Tokyo but miss the company of other kids. We are Australian and am happy to meet with any nationalities - can you tell me about any appropriate palygroups, meetings etc. Thanks so much! Gillian and Harry

By Medved on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 3:03 pm:

Hi, I have 2,5 year old son and 8 month old daughter and I am looking for someone to play with. I live in Hiroo. If there is some playgroup or someone who wants to meet, please let me know. Hope to find someone soon. Lenka
l-p-kasicka@volny.cz

By Natural_water on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 12:31 am:

Hello, I am looking for a playmate or a playgroup for 2 years old son in miura city or yokosuka area
I would love to share information with other foreign parents living in the area and have our babies play together. If you have a baby of a similar age and would like to get together !Thank you

By Emmat on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 8:50 am:

Hi! I have a 3-year-old son and a 3-month-old daughter and we've just moved to Moriya, Ibaraki. I am looking to find some playmates/activities for my son in the area. If there are any foreign mums with babies that meet up around here though, I'd love to hear about that too! Thanks!

By Jbrodie on Monday, January 23, 2012 - 11:30 am:

HI! I have a 3 year-old son and we've just moved to Sendagi, Bunkyo-ku.I am looking to find some playmates/activities for him in the area as he's missing his friends. Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: