Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Auction X-mas 2004 to Benefit JapanWithKids.org

Japan With Kids - Forums: General Discussions: Auction X-mas 2004 to Benefit JapanWithKids.org
Auction ended midnight Wednesday (Dec. 15)!
By Admin on Wednesday, December 1, 2004 - 10:02 pm:

Christmas Fundraiser Auction 2004

*** RBR Arts Center has donated a spot in your choice of one of the following classes both of which have Saturday as an option (well, the Dad and Me is only on Saturdays...) To learn more about their location please visit the RBR web site http://www.rbr-art.com/rbr_e/index_e.html. The bidding starts at Y7500.

Dad & Me! (for ages 2 - 6)
Class for children accompanied by their Dad or Mom!
Imagine this... Spending quality time with your child while you experience the adventure of free-hand scissor cutting in a creative, happy, nurturing bilingual setting! This class provides a chance for Dads to communicate with their child and prepares both for the cutting edge technology that lies ahead.
Teri's Scissor Magic classes will alternate with a Creative Music Program introducing the Pace Method of Piano.
Father and child will experience rhythm and beat, tone and melody, and dance the morning away!
Please bring an apron and make sure the children are wearing clothes they can get dirty during the art classes.
Saturdays | Dad & Me 10:00-11:30 AM |JPY 13,650/4 sessions
Instructor: Teri Suzanne

Fun with Color (from ages 3 to 12, younger kids might require a parent to be there with them)
The mystery of color will be unraveled in this fun class. After the children get comfortable with using paints and brushes, they will learn to mix the three primary colors to create as many as 80 different colors! Once they can mix and create with ease, the children will begin learning how to paint what they see. The emphasis in this class will be on recreating any color, in every shade and hue, as realistically as possible.
Please bring an apron and make sure the children are wearing clothes they can get dirty.
Fridays | 3:00-6:00 PM | JPY 2,625/hour | JPY 12,600/5 sessions
Saturdays | 10:00-11:00 AM | 11:00-12:00 PM | JPY 12,600/5 sessions
Instructor: Erina Oba

Dancing Santa stands 35 cm tall (about 12 inches) and twists to "Jingle Bells" He is dressed for the work shop with his spectacls and green vest over red work pants. A bit used, but already my daughter has declared that she wants it, so I have no choice but to start the bidding on this myself with Y500 (Cornelia).

Two sets of 150 mini-X-mas lights (colored red, blue and green) for in-door or outdoor use, instructions in English and Japanese printed on the box. Totals 300 lights! New and still in the box. UL listed (UL file number E167352) Weighs approximately 3kg. Opening bid please start at Y650.
Colorful Benetton backpack, large capacity, in new condition but out of the bag. Sturdy sewing, and high quality material. Lightly padded bottom and three storage spaces. Starts at Y1500
InSTEP brand combination backpack/stroller. Model SB 105. Light weight, nave blue and hunter green in good shape, with directions for use in both Japanese and English. The perfect solution for hiking or travel Ea stroller that converts into a backpack. The stroller features swivel wheels and rear parking brakes for easy maneuverability and safe stops. A canopy protects your little traveler from wind and sun, and a large storage basket holds all your necessities. When you want to use the stroller as a backpack, you can cover up the wheels with booties so your clothes do notb get dirty. A padded belly bar adds comfort for you while your little one is in the pack. This is the ideal piece of equipment for families on the go! For child up to 30 lbs. Retails for between $75 and $90 USD in the USA. Starting bid at Y2500.
Japan for Kids by Diane Wiltshire, 2nd edition. NEW. The book for parents when they first arrive in Japan, or decide to start having kids in Japan ;-) Starts at Y2000. Here is a picture of the cover.

Koala "bear hug" backpack. The arms and legs of the bear form the straps that go around your kid's arms. So it really looks like a little koala bear riding piggy back. Bids start at Y750.

All starting bids include shipping. More items may be added. Keep your eyes open! Auction will close at midnight on 13 December, winning bids must transfer money before items will be shipped. Here are some pictures and I will get the rest up soon. IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR PASSWORD send me an email explaining and I will set a new password for you.
picture of stroller model and of Benetton backpack.

By Shibuya on Wednesday, December 1, 2004 - 11:36 pm:

I'lll bid 7,500 on the "Fun with Color" RBR class!

By Anne Bergasse on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 8:38 am:

I'll start the bid with 650 yen for the christmas lights.

By Kit on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 11:33 am:

Okay, I'll up that "Fun with Color" bid to 8,000 yen (sorry Shibuya-san, and I'll understand if you outbid me right back!) Cheers all!

By Shibuya on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 2:29 pm:

I will raise my bid to Y 8500 for the RBR "color" classes!

By Joy Grace Salcedo on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 5:50 pm:

I'll bid 1,000 on the Dancing Santa.

By Admin on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 1:04 pm:

Here's a picture of Christmas Lights and Dancing Santa. http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/8/1040.html

Thanks for all the bids so far! Now do we have anyone who will make a starting bid on the bright and cheerful and well-made Benetton back pack?

By Lisa on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 7:19 pm:

I'll up the bid on the christmas lights to 1,000 yen.

Lisa

By Admin on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 10:38 pm:

NEW ITEM added to the auction (donated by the Lancien Family):
Leap Pad Plus Writing -- First Grade Reading & Writing

Description from the Manufacturer:
"With this LeapPad Plus Writing activity book, you'll really make your mark in first grade. Phonics and other language arts are brought to life with writing activities and tons of music. With fun games like Bingo, this book is one you'll come back to time and time again to really show what you know! "1st Grade Reading & Writing" teaches short vowels, consonant blends, long vowels and "silent E", vowel combinations, compound words, beginning parts of speech, spelling patterns, and prefixes.

Product Description
The LeapPad Plus library teaches writing and features exciting new ways to learn important reading and math skills.
Prepare for success in school with the LeapPad Plus Writing Library 1st Grade Reading and Writing Book and Cartridge. Learn essential skills for 1st grade: reading, spelling, addition, subtraction and much more. For use with your LeapPad Plus Writing System (sold separately)."

Starting bid at Y400 (to cover postage).

see a photo of this Leappad book item by visiting the auction thread

By Anne Bergasse on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 10:11 am:

I'll increase my bid to 1,200 yen for the christmas lights.
cheers, anne

By Anne Bergasse on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 12:26 pm:

I'll bid 800 yen for the Leappad writing book.
cheers, anne

By Trupti Gandhi on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 4:48 pm:

i'll bid 1000yen for the leappad writing book.
trupti:)

By Jpnally on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 5:43 pm:

I'd like to bid 1,500 for the lights.
Ally

By gooddad on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 7:50 pm:

I bid 2500 yen for the backpack stroller.

By Anne Bergasse on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 9:41 pm:

I'll bid 1,800 for the lights and 1,200 for the Leap Pad Book
cheers, anne

By Letitia Verschoore on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 10:38 pm:

I'll bid 1,500 yen for the Leap Pad Book.

By Lisa on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 10:51 pm:

Ok, 2,000 yen for the lights.

By Emily Homma on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 1:07 am:

2,000 yen for the Leap pad book.
Emily

By Trupti Gandhi on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:35 am:

:) 2,300 yen for the leap pad book.
Trupti.

By Admin on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 4:18 pm:

Thanks for all the bids on the Leap Pad book. Just remember it is the book only and you need the Leappad itself to put the book into.

Below is a picture of the KOALA BEAR HUG back pack. I think this is most popular with about age 2-5. There are still more new items coming in so keep checking back!

NEW ITEM:
Iona Macnab is donating a brand new Maya Wrap baby sling (value of 8,500yen). It's the perfect gift for new or expectant parents. The fabric is number 51. You can see all information about the slings and some photos at http://www.blueskytokyo.com/babyslings.html
Bids start at Y2100. Here is a picture of the color swatch (smaller than scale) and how one would wear a sling AND finally a picture of the KOALA BEAR HUG (modeled by my daughter):
www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/8/1040.html

By Kit on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 1:09 pm:

My son is "on me" to get those art classes--is even willing to forgo aikido classes?! -- so enter my new RBR class Fun with Color bid, 9,000 yen.

By Tara on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 11:26 am:

3500 yen for the Maya Wrap!
Tara

By Admin on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 11:52 am:

! Traditional English Fruitcake ! donated by Charmaine Minami

Offering for auction a mini traditional English Christmas cake. Size 10cms diameter, weighs approx 500g. Packed with dried fruit and containing brandy; the perfect way to round off your Christmas day dinner!

INGREDIENTS Raisins, sultanas, currants, cherries, orange and lemon peel, flour, eggs, margarine, brown sugar, molasses, mixed spice, brandy, marzipan, apricot jam, icing.
(There are no nuts in the cake, but the packet of mixed spice states that it comes from a factory where sesame seed and other nut products are made. Also, marzipan contains almonds.) I can supply the cake either with or without marzipan and icing.
Starting bid 800 yen.
look here for a picture of the cake: www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/8/1040.html

By Admin on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 7:30 pm:

OK everybody, I've received a request and an advice to extend the auction's ending until Wednesday (15th). I had thought maybe a noon deadline would work well, but since I've got to go to a parent/teacher conference on Wednesday from 13:00 to 14:00, I'm going to stick to a late deadline of midnight on Wednesday.

Here is a summary of the high bids so far:

*** RBR Arts Center class Y9000, valued at about Y14,000
*** Dancing Santa Y1000
***Two sets of 150 mini-X-mas lights (colored red, blue and green) Y2000
***Colorful Benetton backpack, Starts at Y1000, no bids yet
*** InSTEP brand combination backpack/stroller. Model SB 105 Y2500.
***KOALA BEAR HUG back pack Starts at Y750, no bids yet
***Japan for Kids by Diane Wiltshire, 2nd edition. NEW. Starts at Y2000, no bids yet
***Leap Pad Plus Writing -- First Grade Reading & Writing Y2300
***"Maya wrap" baby sling -- Y3500, valued at Y8500
***Christmas Fruit Cake with Rum -- home made -- Starts at Y800, no bids yet.

I believe we also have some packages of x-mas postcards that will be posted to the auction shortly. Right after dinner is cooked...!

Remember the winning bids include shipping charges!
And finally a note on the RBR class, if neither one of the two classes described above really fits the winning bidder's needs (due to schedule or age of the child for example), within reason another class of comparable value might be worked out.

Let's give this a rousing finale! Please contact me directly if the extension of the deadline interferes with your travel plans and you have been bidding on an item.

By Shibuya on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 8:27 pm:

I bid 7500 on the RBR "Dad and Me" class.

By Admin on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 9:01 pm:

Sorry Shibuya, but the bid for the RBR class has already gone to Y9000. There is only one class for auction, though you get a choice of which class you'd like to enjoy.

And, I made a mistake in the last post. So sorry Charmaine. The Christmas Fruit Cake is not with RUM but rather with BRANDY. Of course the alcohol bakes off, but there is a difference between rum and brandy in flavor! We used to dribble a bit of desert licquer over our fruit cake slices back home, or vanila sauce that was a bit sauced up! But not egg nog, that was on the side...

By Alison on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 9:15 pm:

I'd like to start bidding on the Japan With Kids book at ?Y2000.

By Admin on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 9:29 pm:

And here, last but not least is a huge package of Christmas postcards (only Y50 per card postage inside Japan and Y70 postage anywhere else in the world, could be a good thing!).

The picture is kind of big, so please see it at this link:
www.tokyowithkids.com/graphics/auctionpix/christmascards.jpg

There are a bunch of cards (84!) and the starting bid for the whole lot is Y400. A steal! -- 3 attractive styles, traditional santa, modern snowman and cheery holiday greeting. Some packages open but all cards in brand new condition. 84 cards in all so may be enough to last 2 seasons!

By Shibuya on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 9:36 pm:

Oh, I see! Sorry about that, I thought there were two classes to bid on. Never mind...

By Trisha Shikahama on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 10:51 pm:

I'll bid 4000yen for the Maya Wrap baby sling!

By Janine Parker on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 9:41 pm:

I bid 3000 yen for the backpack stroller!

By Jenny on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 10:13 pm:

I just got back from a bit of window shopping AND I saw the generic green strands of x-mas lights "made in China" packaged at 200 for Y6800! I kid you not! This was at the toy store at the end of Ginza going into Shimbashi... (Is it called "Toyland"?)

So I'm going to bid Y2200 on the 300 x-mas lights! They must be heavy to ship as well.

By Jenny on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 10:15 pm:

Oh and I'll start the bidding on the x-mas postcards as well Y400.

By Admin on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 11:58 pm:

Thanks for all the new bids that came in today!

I really think someone out there should start the bids on the fruit cake. I perfectly understand that people fall into rather strict "like" and "do not like" fruitcake groups. But I can't believe that all the readers of this site are in the second. Will the fruit cake lovers please show themselves!

And there is a poor little Koala bear, perfectly charming and loveable, waiting for a child to love it. It's arms and legs are the plush "straps", so it is pretty easy for this bear to be not just a backpack but also a cuddly bedfellow or a member of the dolls' tea party. It even sits upright naturally.

If you are a new mother or will be soon, you might want to read a bit about putting babies in slings (do a search in google.com)... I found that the sling was the only way I could get anything done the first 3-4 months of my daughters life. She simply would not allow me to put her down anywhere (not even to sleep at night). Later we graduated to a baby carrier because she found the sling restrictive on her legs (and she was getting heavy so I had trouble carrying her weight on only one shoulder). I personally highly recommend the sling method of carrying your baby, especially if you are planning on moving around a lot. Strollers and mass transit do not readily mix, at least not without some advance planning, for example. Based on my experience, a sling is a powerful aid to MOM.

Here, an updated summary of the high bids thus far:

*** RBR Arts Center class Y9000, valued at about Y14,000
*** Dancing Santa Y1000
***Two sets of 150 mini-X-mas lights (colored red, blue and green) Y2200
***Colorful Benetton backpack, Starts at Y1000, no bids yet
*** InSTEP brand combination backpack/stroller. Model SB 105 Y3000.
***KOALA BEAR HUG back pack Starts at Y750, no bids yet
***Japan for Kids by Diane Wiltshire, 2nd edition. NEW. Y2000
***Leap Pad Plus Writing -- First Grade Reading & Writing Y2300
***"Maya wrap" baby sling -- Y4000, valued at Y8500
***Christmas Fruit Cake with Rum -- home made -- Starts at Y800, no bids yet.
***89 Christmas Postcards!, Y400

By Bethan Hutton on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 12:51 am:

OK, I'll bid Y1,000 for the cake (I'm not a Christmas-cake fan, but my husband is and of course I never make one for him...)

By Trisha Shikahama on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 9:22 am:

I'll Up Jenny's bid to 600yen for the Christmas cards.

By Trupti Gandhi on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 12:46 pm:

cornelia,

thank you so much for re-iterating the fact that you need a base to use the leap pad book... i do not have one so i would like to withdraw my bid...

instead i would like to bid for the coala back pack... for 1000 yen...

and yep! i must mention it here... i just received the fruit cake i ordered from ms. minami... she has also donated similar cake for auction here.... and it is fantastic!!
so if you are not bidding for it trust me you are missing out on something!!

trupti:)

By Trisha Shikahama on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 5:35 pm:

I'll start the koala bidding at 750 yen.

By Trupti Gandhi on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 6:06 pm:

i am sorry while saying coala.. i meant koala bear back pack... i'm bidding 1000 yen for it!! sorry for the typo, trupti:)

By Admin on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:06 pm:

OK, with only 4 hours to go now, do I hear another bid from Lisa on the x-mas lights? For as little as Y2300 they could be hers!

And the high Leap Pad Book bid is now at Y2000 by Emily Homma. Is anyone going to top that?

Glad to see that the Koala Bear Hug is getting some attention! A cuddle friend that doubles for a hiding place for only Y1000! Anyone going to bid higher on that?

And what about that RBR class? Will Kit's darling son enjoy it for a mere Y9000? Or is someone prepared to bid a bit more on it for this fundraiser??

(How am I doing, folks? Do you think I'll ever be professional gavel banger?)

By Admin on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 8:31 pm:

VERY LATE ADDITION !
Christmas stockings with twinkling lights. They take two double AA batteries and are quite jolly. Three designs, choose your set of 3 from those pictured below. Beginning bid of Y500 (to cover shipping), batteries not included, and two or three sets available.

Excuse the photo, a video clip would show them off much better!

photo here at http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/messages/8/1040.html

By Anne Bergasse on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 10:03 pm:

I'll bid 2,500 yen for the christmas
lights.
cheers
anne

By Lisa on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 10:05 pm:

Ooooh, just about missed out on this! 2,300 for the lights and 1,200 for the cake!

Lisa

By Lisa on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 10:06 pm:

Aaaagh, OK, 2,700 yen for the lights!

By Lisa on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 10:10 pm:

GEE those stockings are cute!

By Admin on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 10:29 pm:

Big cheer for Lisa! So will Bethann rebut on the cake? Or is that treating hubby too well?

Here's an idea, if anyone wins two bids on items actually in my posession (for example on the lights and the stockings, then I would be able to ship the items together in the same box, and knock the total down by let's say Y400.

However, only the following items are in my posession and would be shipped by me, and of course there is also the possibility of meeting at a train station to pass the items over, if the winning bidder is within Tokyo:
Japan With Kids book
Koala Bear Hug
Christmas Stockings
Benetton Back Pack
Christmas Lights
Dancing Santa

The stroller is located in Hiro, in case that makes any difference to anyone...

Since I'm leaving on Saturday and really want to get everything tidied up by Friday 5pm, it would be very helpful if people who appear to have winning bids would start sending me emails with their addresses or phone numbers (some of the names above have hidden email addresses), so I can get right on this before going to work tomorrow morning PLEASE. I'll be leaving at about 8:30am so it is a small margin.

By Lisa on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 10:39 pm:

Hi, I'm gone all day tomorrow (12/16) but can meet with you anytime on Friday in Ikebukuro/Mejiro (if convenient) to claim my goodies, if I have the winning bids. And I'm still thinking about those stockings ...

By Trisha Shikahama on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 11:01 pm:

500 yen for a set of stockings. Cute!

By Admin on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 11:15 pm:

There are two sets of stockings available! Anyone else? I can bring anything to Ikebukuro very easily on Friday. I have to be there from about 11:00 to 14:00 as it happens.

And tomorrow I will be in Shinagawa from 9:45 to 13:00, and I can also meet someone in Tamachi at about 9:30 or 13:30.

By Admin on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 11:31 pm:

Trisha, thanks for starting the bids on a set of Christmas stockigns. I see a bid of Y1000 for the Koala Bear Hug. Do you wish to top that?

By Emily Homma on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 11:44 pm:

I want that fruit cake as well! Bidding 1,350 yen. I can come to Ikebukuro on Friday for the Leap Pad and the cake if I win.

By Emily Homma on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 11:48 pm:

And of course the Christmas cards for 700 yen. Hope everyone has gone to bed ..zzzzz.

By Admin on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 11:54 pm:

Emily, I don't have the Leap Pad in my possession, unfortunately. It is with Pat Lancian (who donated it to the auction) on the Chuo/Sobu line. I also don't have the Christmas cards! They are coming from out in Chiba! Yikes!

Lisa? One more on the fruit cake. I believe Charmaine normally sells them for Y1500 at that size.

By Trisha on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 11:56 pm:

I will bid 800yen for the cards. Sorry still awake!

By Admin on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 11:57 pm:

PS. And the Christmas fruit cake is coming up from Kyushu.

ONE more bid on the Maya wrap would be nice! But it is very close now...

By Emily Homma on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 12:01 am:

It's OK then...just send them all...cause I'm winning!

By Admin on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 12:15 am:

Auction OVER! Winner details to be posted along with financial report in a day or two. I have to go to bed now myself, but with luck I'll get up early.

By Admin on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 3:26 pm:

Sorry for the delay in writing up the winning bids, but the good news is that I got an email bidding on the Benetton back pack this morning, so even that item has found a happy home!

Here are the winning bids, PLEASE correct me if I am wrong.

*** RBR Arts Center class Y9000, valued at about Y14,000 Kit !
*** Dancing Santa Y1000 Joy Grace Salcedo !
***Two sets of 150 mini-X-mas lights (colored red, blue and green) Y2700 Lisa !
***Colorful Benetton backpack, Y1000 Priscila Akahori !
*** InSTEP brand combination backpack/stroller. Model SB 105 Y3000. Janine Parker !
***KOALA BEAR HUG back pack, Y1000 Trupti Gandhi !
***Japan for Kids by Diane Wiltshire, 2nd edition. NEW. Y2000 Alison !
***Leap Pad Plus Writing -- First Grade Reading & Writing Y2000 Emily Homma !
***"Maya wrap" baby sling -- Y4000, valued at Y8500 Trisha Shikahama !
***Christmas Fruit Cake with Rum -- home made -- Y1,350 Emily Homma !
***89 Christmas Postcards!, Y800 Trisha Shikahama !
***Christmas Stockings One Set Y500 Trisha Shikahama !

By Admin on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 2:50 pm:

Delivered and paid:
***Two sets of 150 mini-X-mas lights (colored red, blue and green) Y2700 Lisa ! plus 13 stockings (Y2600) and an additional donation totalling Y6000 !
***KOALA BEAR HUG back pack, Y1000 Trupti Gandhi !
*** Dancing Santa Y1000 Joy Grace Salcedo !
***Colorful Benetton backpack, Y1000 Priscila Akahori !

Mailed:
***Japan for Kids by Diane Wiltshire, 2nd edition. NEW. Y2000 Alison
***Leap Pad Plus Writing -- First Grade Reading & Writing Y2000 Emily Homma !
***Christmas Fruit Cake with Brandy -- home made -- Y1,350 Emily Homma !

To be finalized in January:
*** RBR Arts Center class Y9000, valued at about Y14,000 Kit !
*** InSTEP brand combination backpack/stroller. Model SB 105 Y3000. Janine Parker
***"Maya wrap" baby sling -- Y4000, valued at Y8500 Trisha Shikahama !
***89 Christmas Postcards!, Y800 Trisha Shikahama !
***Christmas Stockings One Set Y500 Trisha Shikahama !

The financial statement will be done after I subtract shipping, etc., probably in January. A deeply felt "Thank you "to the individuals who donated items for the auction:
Kristin Newton (RBR class) Kristin is a long term fixture here, know particularly for teaching Drawing from the Right Brain, and very, very proud of the recently opened RBR Center.
Robin Lancien (Leap Pad Book) Mom of a multi-cultural family so typical of this community, and the expert on how to keep celiacs (gluten intolerant people) nutritiously fed in Tokyo.
Anne Bergasse (Christmas Postcards) One of the Abinitio Design partners, and mother of two darlings, proving that yes, adoption is possible in Japan.
"Eeoh" (Backpack/Stroller) Shy but very sharp, raising two lovely kids in Hiroo.
Charmaine Minami (Christmas Fruit Cake) Charmaine is a long term resident in Kyushu involved in various projects including raising money for KLCC (Kumamoto Landmine Clearance Campaign)
"Anonymous" (Christmas Stockings) Also shy, but with a young son who was born in the USA, she is very enthusiastic about keeping up his American heritage.
Kit (Dancing Santa) A long time supporter of JWK, her name pops up on by-lines all over the place. Keep your eyes open!
Iona (Maya Wrap)-- Iona Macnab is a huge presence in the new mothers community as a lactation consultant. She's helped lots of women that had difficulties getting started.
Ana Monaghan (Koala Bear Hug) -- Ana is a painter, living in Yokohama, who picked up her Masters from U. of Hawaii after painting for many years, based on her portfolio! You can commission paintings from her, including portraits done from a photo. Her link is featured right now on the front page of this site (at the bottom of the middle column).
And the rest came from me, Admin, x-mas lights, Japan For Kids book, Benetton backpack.

Merry Christmas to all, Happy Holidays and all the best for 2005!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: