Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Entertainment - Music

Japan With Kids - Forums: General Discussions: Entertainment - Music
By Admin on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:19 am:

Received from Xian:

On the subject of outdoor music festivals -- The Fourth Annual Aso Volcano Party will be held this year September 10-12th.

Out of all the things I experienced in Kumamoto and Kobe, I have to say this was the finest experience I had. Some of the finest artists from around Japan played at the event, along with DJs, craft and food tents. I remember cuddling up in a sleeping bag listening to Ubar Tmar and Uni while over their shoulders you could see the Aso crater landscape below. At peak time, the entire fields were full of people dancing free and unharassed. They we'd slink back to our tents for an hour of two of rest and go back to dancing soon after. I met some of my close friends for the first time at this festival.

Anyway, newcomers to Kumamoto, definitely check it out, and long time inhabitants, if you're never been up for it, go experience it!

From the page, it looks like tickets at Y5000 in advance, Y6000 for day of, which is pretty par for the course for this kind of event. You can find tickets at these places in Kumamoto:
Django 096-355-6960
green 096-327-0028
hummin'bird 096-355-8181
incesticide 096-355-9133
scene 096-354-7888
The Japanese website for the event: http://www.volcano-aso.com/

Anyway, hope you enjoy it -- I wish I was in Japan to make it!

By Admin on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 7:43 am:

From Xian -- Getting to the Aso Music Festival:
It's at Bochu Campground in Aso. If you are taking the train, just take the line from Kumamoto station towards Ozu/Oita. You probably will have to change at Higo Ozu station and continue towards Oita/Ichinomiya. You will get off at Aso station. There are buses that run up to Bochu Camp all day. You just take the line that goes up the Summit of Mount Aso. The Buses leave from the bus station next to Aso Station.

If you are driving or hitchhiking, just take 57 towards Oita. When you see the turn for Aso Station, I believe you take a right instead of heading toward the station. So basically you head up the road toward the summit.

Bochu camp is a couple of KM up that route. It's really easy to walk it if someone drops you off at the station or you don't want to pay for the bus.

If you want to double check anything, the folks at the bus station know all about Bochu, so you can ask them which bus it is. I think it's #1, but I can't remember for sure (It's been a couple of years).

By Alexandra Roberts-Judd on Monday, September 13, 2004 - 11:53 am:

My 13 year old has been pestering me about not being able to watch the MTV Music Awards because we're in Tokyo vs the US. I found out today that they're going to be shown on MTV (Sky Perfect ch 270) on Sunday September 26 from 1pm. Others with teenagers.....this may be helpful to you.

By Amy Uehara on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 5:14 am:

I'm forwarding this from the American Embassy (Tokyo) March Newsletter.
Havefun!
Amy

---------------------------------------------------------
A Children's Evening at the Ballet in Tokyo
---------------------------------------------------------
Share the magic of dance with your children on Saturday, March 12th at
4:00pm at the Tokyo American Club. The Austrian Ballet Company Tokyo will
perform highlights from popular ballets in a show sure to delight your
little ones. Afterwards, there will be a cookie and juice reception to meet
the dancers. Proceeds benefit the work of Tokyo English Life Line (TELL).
For tickets, please check the TELL website at http://www.telljp.com and
download Ticket Form or call the TELL Business Office at 03-3498-0261.

TELL (Tokyo English Life Line) is a non-profit organization which has been
serving the international community since 1973. They provide free,
confidential telephone counseling in English, between 9am-11pm, 365 days a
year. Face-to-face counseling by professional, licensed therapists is also
provided by the TELL Community Counseling Service on a flexible fee basis.
Please call 03-5774-0992 for free telephone counseling, or 03-3498-0231 for
more info about face-to-face counseling.

By Karyn Robson on Sunday, May 1, 2005 - 7:03 am:

A Night of Music

Primal Gravity consists of six professional musicians and photographer Takeshi Ijima. Primal Gravity blends the sounds of classical western instruments: violin, cello, guitar, bass and piano with ancient oriental instruments and playing techniques to create an eternal world view of music. The visual and auditory elements are of equal importance to Primal Gravity. “Visual images of Japanese holy sites are synchronized with flowing music to fuse together in your mind the visual and audio beauty of peace and universal connectionsE

May 12th, 7:30-9:00 at the Akasaka Civic Center
4-18-13 Akasaka
Tickets are on sale now!
For more information email: a_night_of_music@yahoo.com

By Tonette Binsol on Thursday, January 5, 2006 - 9:07 pm:

"Reaching Out and Touching Lives - Shigemi Concert"
a musical concert at Tokyo Women's Plaza on February 4, 2006, 7:00-8:45 pm

featuring the famous Japanese woman musician, Shigemi Yoshioka, (http://www.cafe-de.net/~shigemi/), with special participation of a Filipino singer, Melissa "Jana" Lopez. Shigemi is a versatile Japanese artist being a pianist, singer, poet and writer.

Presently, Shigemi is an educator at the Musashino Academy of Music, Department of Education, with specialization in Voice and Singing. She has written a number of books on poetry and stories primarily focused on children being a masteral graduate specializing in children at Japan Women's University. She is staging regular concerts, both local and abroad. This is the first time for her to have a Filipino audience in this concert. Thus, we really hope you could support this concert of Shigemi being a Japanese who wants to help the advocacy of breast cancer survivors for the prevention of breast cancer. The success of this concert will depend on our participation and how much time we could devote to make it happen.

The proceeds of this musical concert will be used to partially support the treatment of indigent breast cancer patients from the Philippines and finance the production and distribution of health-related audio-visual and reading materials to increase breast cancer awareness among the public.

Please learn more about this concert at:

http://www.tpmovers.org/breast_cancer_network_ShigemiConcert.htm

By Admin on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 9:49 am:

The concert this Saturday:
"Reaching Out and Touching Lives - Shigemi Concert"
a musical concert at Tokyo Women's Plaza on February 4, 2006, 7:00-8:45 pm" for Y2000 (a bargain!) still has tickets! See above post for more info.
Web site: http://tokyo-womens-plaza.metro.tokyo.jp
tel: 03-5467-1711
5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku

By Cornelia on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 11:46 am:

RBR sponsors concerts for families. The price on advance purchase tickets is very reasonable, Y1500 for adults and Y1000 for kids. The next concert is 24 June at 18:00 (doors open at 17:30) and features:
Allile & Irie Friends - Rastaman Vibration (reggae)
The price of admission includes a complimentary glass of wine or soda during intermission. Tickets at the door are Y2500 for everyone.
http://rbr-art.com - located across from the Korean Embassy, Tokyo
Please mention to the RBR folks that you found out about it on the JWK web site!

By Admin on Thursday, March 8, 2007 - 8:47 am:

TOKYO: Canadian Embassy
doors open at 18:30, Friday 9 March
Invitation to concert, award winning Secondary School Vocal ensemble TODAY IS LAST DAY TO RSVP
Songs in French, English, Hebrew
This will be very good and is free. Details for contact at bottom.

Invitation au concert des Ensembles vocaux De La Salle
Vendredi le 9 mars de 18h30 E9h30
Ouverture des portes E18h00
Théâtre de l'Ambassade du Canada
La Chorale de l'École secondaire de La Salle EOttawa au Canada, récipiendaire du Prix de la meilleure chorale au Canada en 2006, est au Japon pour y présenter plusieurs concerts. Vendredi le 9 mars, ces jeunes y donneront un concert El'Ambassade du Canada dont le programme illustre la diversitEculturelle canadienne. La chorale chantera en anglais, français et hébreu, en plus de présenter un volet de musique autochtone.

L'Ambassade du Canada est heureuse de vous inviter Erencontrer ces jeunes Canadiens talentueux et Emieux connaû‘re la musique canadienne. RSVP avant le 8 mars.
Plus de détails au http://www.canadanet.or.jp/p_c/delasalle2007f.shtml
Ambassade du Canada
7-3-38, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-8503
tel: 03-5412-6473

By Sandy on Sunday, June 1, 2008 - 3:38 pm:

Details on this year's outdoor rock festival in Ibaraki:

"Rock in Japan Festival 2008"
Outdoor rock concert organized by music magazine Rockinfon Japan. Aug 1-3, 10:30am, \10,500 (one day)/\20,000 (two days)/\27,000 (3 days). Hitachi Kaihin Park, Ibaraki. Tel: 0180-993-611.

By Sandy on Sunday, June 1, 2008 - 3:38 pm:

Details on this year's outdoor rock festival in Ibaraki:

"Rock in Japan Festival 2008"
Outdoor rock concert organized by music magazine Rockinfon Japan. Aug 1-3, 10:30am, \10,500 (one day)/\20,000 (two days)/\27,000 (3 days). Hitachi Kaihin Park, Ibaraki. Tel: 0180-993-611.

By Admin on Saturday, November 5, 2011 - 11:59 am:

YOKOHAMA: Three Choirs, One Cause
The British Embassy Choir Tokyo, Rikkyo University Choir and Ferris Women's University choir join together singing choral works from Schutz to Ritter.
November 5, 18:00 \2,000.
Tel: 090-6182-0347.
www.bec.ac/concert.html
Yokohama Minato Mirai Hall, Yokohama. Nearest Station: Minatomirai. Tel: 045-682-2020 (at hall)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: