Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Wanted: Parents' comments

Japan With Kids - Forums: General Discussions: Wanted: Parents' comments
By Tai Dirkse on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 11:37 pm:

Hi,
I am making a website for STUDENTS (expat kids / international school kids) for who are being relocated, and are looking for places to talk about their location. The site is http://www.expatkid.net and I was wondering what parents think about the site. I know the layout isn't very interesting but that is being worked on with a bunch of other students. Thanks!
Tai D.
Current ASIJ student (Class of 2006)

By Pato on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 3:32 pm:

Hi Tai,
I took a look at the expat kid website that you et. al. have been working on. It looks pretty good, but I didn't have time to dig yet. Table borders seem to be wacking any "W" letter at the start of a line. Takes time to build content. But basically doesn't look like anyone is biting in the discussion forums. How are you spreading the word? Have you tried getting your free communitiy service ad in the Metropolis or Tokyo Notice Board yet? A lot of kids don't have their own email addresses because their parents are afraid of letting them on the net. Maybe you could write something explaining why this is not something to fear. There are a few stories floating around out there about some exceptional kid who ordered $2000 worth of "x" with dad's credit card via the net. Frankly, I don't know any kids personally who have done anything like that, but I guess a lot of parents think it's a distinct possibility. My daughter started writing finally, after I got her a gmail address. She wanted to communicate with her friends in the USA, and writing was an accidental bi-product... sneaky, huh, with added incentive to learn to type!

By Gsakura on Monday, July 8, 2013 - 4:22 pm:

why are the japanese cruel to their own children? i have a son whose father is japanese. he practically begged me for a child while we were together and now he won't even provide for his son's education and food. i don't understand what kind of father can live with that kind of situation.. i work very hard to give my son his basic needs but it still breaks my heart to see my son having a hard time because his father will not help.. please let me know if there's a way or an agency who can help us reach out to his father.. thanks...

By Thekubos on Monday, July 8, 2013 - 4:59 pm:

There are cruel people, parents all over the world. I don't think Japanese have a monopoly on cruelty. You could start asking questions at your local shiyakusho -- city hall. They might point you in the right direction. Finally, the love and support you give your son will come back to you later in life - you will be rewarded in the love and support your son will give to you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: