e-mail me at
jonathanwilson@calvarychapel.org

God Bless You,
Jonat

By CraigRoberts on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 7:59 am:

Kumamoto City:

Kumamoto International Church Easter Services April 23, 2000:
Everyone is welcome!

5:20 am (as in morning) on the top of Mt. Hanaoka at the Kumamoto Band Memorial.
We will leave KIC at 5am.

5:00 pm (evening) Easter Service in English and Japanese at Shirakawa Church.
Plenty of parking. Children will be present.

For more information, mailto:Easter@kiconline.com or call (096)371-0679

Happy Easter!

We will also have a Last Supper Service at 7pm on Thursday, April 20, 2000.
For more information, email: lastsupper@kiconline.com
or call (096)371-0679

By Fiona on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 8:09 am:

Kumamoto City - Easter Picnic

The Hanami season is over but we can still picnic!
On Sunday April 23rd, there's going to be an Easter Picnic in Nishikigaoka Park (near Jieitai-dori, Kengun).
All are welcome, and hopefully it will be a good chance for 'international families' to meet and kids to play.
It's from 1:00 pm onwards, bring food, frisbee, friends etc...

If you're coming by bus, take the blue and white bus that goes to Kencho and Jieitai and get off at Tobu Shimin Centre. From there it's about a five minute walk and is just after Higashi Post Office. By streetcar, it's about a 20 minute walk from the last stop in Kengun. Walk up Jieitai-dori and turn left at Sun Palace. There will be an Easter chocolate hunt (sorry, can't find any eggs!) and there's lots of space to play baseball/rounders, frisbee etc.

If you're interested in coming and need more info please contact me - tel: 096-214-6391.

Hope to see you there! * Fiona Minami

PS I'm planning a camping trip to Ikinoshima in Nagasaki ken for Golden Week. Has anyone been there? What's it like? Any recommendations for where to go / what to do there?
What other places do people recommend for Golden Week trips?

By Cornelia on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 4:18 am:

List of Christian Churches in Tokyo and Yokohama provided on the TELL website:

http://www.tell.gol.com/calendar/churches.html

By Jonathan Wilson on Friday, July 6, 2001 - 6:04 pm:

Announcing the start of Grace Christian Fellowship a non-denominational, bilingual, kid-friendly congregation on the far-western end of Tokyo. We hold services at 10:00am on Sunday with Sunday School and 7:00pm without. You can check out our website at
http://www.gracejapan.com

Pastor Jonathan Wilson

By Stuart on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 6:57 pm:

Yokohama Christ church
235 Yamate-cho, Naka-Ku, Yokohama
tel/fax: 045-621-1685
Rector: Rev'd John Berg

Good times to reach John by telephone are between 07:00-09:30 and 22:00-23:00

Email Mailing list- If you are a member of Christ Church there is a email mailing list that you can subscribe to. This allows you to easily send and receive emails from other church members on the list.

Email: stuart@gol.com
for details on how to join.

By Charlie Williams on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 11:59 am:

The International Bible Fellowship of North Yokohama meets for a relaxed hour of family worship and Bible study in English on Sundays at 5PM near Center Kita station in Kohoku New Town. Contact Charlie Williams at 045-942-5373 or CharlieJpn@yahoo.com for details.

By Darlene Williams on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 12:07 pm:

The International Women's Chapel meets on Wednesdays at 10AM in Yokohama near Azamino station for worship and Bible study in English. Contact Darlene Williams at 045-942-5373 or DarleneJpn@yahoo.com for details.

By Anonymous on Sunday, September 24, 2000 - 8:27 pm:

30 September 2000
This is not for Christians only, but the only other discussion that this might have fit under was "Entertainment" so I hope this one is OK.

There will be a World Peace Prayer Ceremony at Budokan next Sunday. More info at http://www.goipeace.or.jp

"The World Peace Prayer Ceremony is a celebration of the oneness of humanity, inviting all people to pray together for peace to prevail in every nation of the world. As the participants voice their prayers, the national flag of each country is gracefully presented.
This Ceremony has been held all over the world in settings of all sizes, ranging from a private living room to the General Assembly Hall of the United Nations."
September 30, 2000 3:00-5:30 PM
Creating a Culture of Peace - WORLD PEACE CELEBRATION 2000 at Nippon Budokan, Tokyo

By Admin on Saturday, January 5, 2002 - 10:44 am:

English Services in Japan

Want to worship in English and have fellowship with English-speaking people?

http://www.missionjapan.org/church/engservices.html

By Benje Valdez on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 1:22 pm:

I would like to invite everybody (especially people who use Keio-Inokashira Line) to join us every 3rd Sunday of the month on an English Mass; 2:00 p.m. at Matsubara Catholic Church located at 2-28-5 Matsubara, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo. (03)3321-0941) It is 3 Min. walk from Keio-Inokashira line –Meidaimae Station.
Email me if you need map for the church location. You can also check the map located at the exit of Meidaimae Station in Japanese.

By Pato on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 9:51 am:

1-6 July 2003 -- Summer Gospel Celebration
Tokyo Baptist Church
9-2 Hachiyama-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0035
15 minutes from Shibuya station
10 minutes from Daikanyama station
tel: 03-3461-8425
http://www.tokyobaptist.org
1 July 19:30 Bright Lights Gospel Choir and LaPraise Gospel Choir
2 July 19:30 One Voice Gospel Choir
3 July 19:30 New Commitment Family and Dick Baker
4 July 19:30 International night, African, Filipino, Nihongo
6 July 18:00 Alex Easley Gospel Brothers & Christi. Also special concert with Dick Baker and friends.

All nights: Dub Jackson, speaker, and Dick Baker, music
admission free

By Pato on Monday, December 8, 2003 - 3:44 pm:

Here is information about Ueno no Mori Christian Church very near Ueno Station. They have music, etc. http://uenomori1.hp.infoseek.co.jp/uenonomorisyoukai.htm
They have a service in English on Sundays at 18:00.
e-mail: uenonomori[at]aol.com

By Angelo on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 - 4:21 am:

Hi! My name is Angelo and I'm from San Antonio, Texas, USA.

There will be a possibility that I will study abroad at Kumamoto Gakuen University in Kumamoto City this Fall 2005.

I'm very excited and hope I can go, but I was just curious if there are any Christian churches in the city. I want to find out as much as I can before I go. So, thanks in advance for your help!

Yours Truly,
Angelo

By Admin on Thursday, April 7, 2005 - 9:49 am:

Kumamoto International Church

Kumamoto International Church meets at the Shirakawa Church building, near the Daiei (and near the large NTT building) on Densha-Doori. Plenty of parking. Everyone is welcome.
I think they are Lutheran, but the international community in Kumamoto welcomes everyone I think.
They are tied together with:
Kumamoto Miyuki Church tel: 096-334-3966

Rev. Craig and Hideko Roberts
Kumamoto International Church
2-2-44 Kuhonjo, Kumamoto-shi 862-0976 Japan
craig@mtwo.com

note from Admin September 2007: Maybe this church has closed?

By Cornelia on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 1:39 pm:

For Lutherans:
http://www2.gol.com/users/alleluia/
St. Paul International Lutheran Church in Iidabashi, Tokyo tel: 03-3261-3740

Also have locations in Roppongi and Ebisu.

By Pato on Monday, December 3, 2007 - 12:15 pm:

Tokyo: St. Paul International Lutheran Church
English language Christian worship, fellowship and education - near Iidabashii and Kudanshita stations. Sunday Worship 9:30a.m. Sunday School and Bible Study classes as well.
www2.gol.com/users/alleluia/

By Admin on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 8:10 am:

Friends Meeting
4-18-19 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108
e: japanym[at]rhythm.ocu.ne.jp
Every Sunday at 10:30. Map: http://www2.gol.com/users/quakers/tokyomonthly_map.htm

By Tianne on Friday, September 30, 2011 - 5:58 pm:

For Catholic friends who wants to listen to Mp3 rosary prayers in English, Spanish, Japanese and Tagalog in your Andoid Keitai.

"ROSARYO" App which shows prayers/illustrations, to remind us of the events of our salvation is now available in Android Market.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: