Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Home help

Japan With Kids - Forums: General Discussions: Home help
By Kevin and Alex on Sunday, April 15, 2001 - 3:39 pm:

Can anyone suggest how we might go about finding home help in Tokyo?
Our children are 7 and nearly 5 so attend school but we need someone to do the housework and to be there when they come home (5 days a week).
Also, what should we expect to pay someone for this?
Thanks.

By Betty on Monday, April 16, 2001 - 2:41 pm:

Hi Kevin and Alex,
It's going to be hard for you to get answers without including your private email address or a phone number or something. A lot of people don't seem to want to talk about what they pay in a public place like this....

Try the babysitter bulletin board. Good luck.

By Kevin and Alex on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 9:31 am:

Thanks for the advice Betty. Our home email address is mackenzi@mac.com if anyone wants to let us know privately.
Cheers

By BJ Burlingame on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 10:55 am:

Live-in Help Needed

Can anyone provide me advice on how to get live-in help in Tokyo? Our "kid" is mature (75) so we would prefer someone older to keep her company, go on walks, fix meals and general tidying up around the house. Most of the services we find are for younger children. Finally, what is the going rate for live-in help here?

Thanks for your help!

By Adriana on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 12:46 pm:

Amy is a Filipina who has been helping me with work around the house on a part time basis and she is looking for more work as two of her employers have left Japan. She has Mon morning and Wed all day free. She is very hard working and reliable, I understand she does baby sitting as well although she didn't baby sit my daugheter since she goes to day care.
If you need any help around the house please call her at 080 3473 8783

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: