Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

NHK and other channel TV Schedule

Japan With Kids - Forums: General Discussions: Television, public and private: NHK and other channel TV Schedule
By rach on Thursday, August 1, 2002 - 11:41 am:

Hello,
Where can I get the NHK and other TV channel schedules in English. We are finding hard to keep guessing when what is coming. DS is frustrated that "Between the Lions" is off the air in mornings, have they changed the timings? or is off in August?

Thanks for any help to get schedules.

Rachel

By Cornelia on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 9:44 am:

Dear Rachel,

I used to always check the newspaper when I was a subscriber (but I don't think that all of the English papers carry the TV schedule).
Now I use the Metropolis schedule (was Tokyo Classified) which I can see on the web usually at:
http://metropolis.japantoday.com/tokyo/recent/tvguide.asp

but sometimes I have to fish around because the link changes, and sometimes I don't realize that I am looking at last week's schedule... until I see that dates don't match.

For example: here is today's schedule in English (for Tokyo):

N1 World News 5-10am
12 Ghostbusters 2 (M) 1:30-3:30pm
6 News Forest 5:50-6:55pm
N1 The Adventures of Tintin 6-7pm
N1 NFL: Wildcard Playoffs 7-9:30pm
N2 The Lost World 11:15pm-midnight
1 NHK News 7 7-7:30pm
12 Raiders of the Lost Ark (M) 9-10:55pm
N1 Asia News 12:30-1am

By Pato on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 11:21 am:

Here's your basic channel guide in Tokyo.

1 = NHK
3 = NHK Educational
4 = Nippon TV
6 = TBS
8 = Fuji TV
10 = TV Asahi
12 = TV Tokyo
N1 = NHK1/BS7
N2 = NHK2/BS11
W= WOWOW

CABLE TV options:
D = Discovery Channel
Si = Si-ESPN
ST = Star Channel
La = Lala TV

NHK1 and NHK2 used to require a separate tuner, but often now the BS7 & BS11 tuner is built into newer VCRs. It still has to be connected to the small satellite dish. I think WowWow still needs its own tuner plus dish.

IF you get a cable option (you may be limited to local choices available), then of course the above list is supplemented with more "channels". Included are only a few of the ones that I know about that air programs in English sometimes.

By Pato on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 11:24 am:

SPY KIDS The island of lost dreams is supposed to air this Friday (19 March) from 9:03pm. Can someone tell me what channel?

By Yuko Kubota on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 12:03 pm:

SPY KIDS The Island of Lost Dreams will be aired on NTV network Kinyou Roadshow, if you're in Tokyo it's channel 4. Hope it helps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: